Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Purity is used as part of our cd rotation for Frostbite.
    You find a 10% reduction suitable for frostbite? To each their own I guess. I'll stick to clemency.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    You find a 10% reduction suitable for frostbite? To each their own I guess. I'll stick to clemency.
    Generally 3 frostbites go out, if you take Clemency you can sac all of them, otherwise you can sac 2 and purity 3. I still think having Sac for 3 is better than Purity for 3 and Sac for 2, but that's to each their own I guess. Part of it depends on how many paladins you have.

So what's the final decision on 5.3 gearing. I've decided to go for 4set t15 as I think the bonus isn't too bad and I already have feet and hands hc another hpala in my guild on the other hand is going to use 2pc and the heavy mastery offset pieces. Still unsure what's best but I value the bit of extra haste on tier as we'll be using casts more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorilaith View Post
    So what's the final decision on 5.3 gearing. I've decided to go for 4set t15 as I think the bonus isn't too bad and I already have feet and hands hc another hpala in my guild on the other hand is going to use 2pc and the heavy mastery offset pieces. Still unsure what's best but I value the bit of extra haste on tier as we'll be using casts more often.
    There's not definitive answer, but I'd assume if you're the kind of person that is happy to switch Beacon around more often then the 4 piece will be worth the loss, otherwise it should be easier (maybe) to go for off pieces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Generally 3 frostbites go out, if you take Clemency you can sac all of them, otherwise you can sac 2 and purity 3. I still think having Sac for 3 is better than Purity for 3 and Sac for 2, but that's to each their own I guess. Part of it depends on how many paladins you have.
    I know. For our raid group, I get the first one and our other holy paladin gets the 2nd one. The 3rd that happens later we are told to let die, but I still usually double sac them.

When I see someone say they still take purity for frostbite, usually they missed the part where it was nerfed and only does 10% damage reduction now. 10% isn't enough, you will basically have to overlap it with another cool down rather than chain it with the other cooldowns to cover the full 30 seconds.

I know. For our raid group, I get the first one and our other holy paladin gets the 2nd one. The 3rd that happens later we are told to let die, but I still usually double sac them.
    Hah, now we do save that person (with gear and all), but yeah, I love how back during progress, that was definitely the easiest, best way (by far) to handle that third frostbite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, now we do save that person (with gear and all), but yeah, I love how back during progress, that was definitely the easiest, best way (by far) to handle that third frostbite.
    Yea during progression I agree. So much damage was going out that ignoring the 3rd Frostbite was just easier. Now that we are used to the fight, I (and probably some of the other healers) usually try to keep them up unless something went wrong and gave us a reason not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorilaith View Post
    There's no real definitive answer. Until 5.3, if you have H T14 keep using it. If not then I'd upgrade. I already moved on as many of my T14 pieces were 496 and the stats made up the loss of the 4 set.
    I will personally be staying with the 4 Piece T15, especially with the Mastery nerf coming in. I think the bonus is weak, but I dont think that extra stats from Thunderforged gear is going to make up the difference.

My guild is a little bit behind the curve and we've just started on 10 man heroics. How are Holy Paladin's handling Jin'rokh? I'm currently:

- Running Holy Prism. Light's Hammer on normal was mainly for the stacked AoE phase which doesn't happen now.
    - Running Holy Avenger but struggling to use it effectively on the AoE lightning phase due to not being able to generate as much Holy Power.
    - Running Unbreakable Spirit and bubbling as many of the debuffs as I can. I suspect I might be better just Divine Protectioning the debuff and saving bubble for the AoE lighting?

Deleted
    I've swapped to t15 pieces now due to only having heroic hands and legs for t14. Never got the shoulders and head heroic sadly.

Considering I've macroed beacon to DL and Flash, I don't think I'll be going for the 4 set. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    My guild is a little bit behind the curve and we've just started on 10 man heroics. How are Holy Paladin's handling Jin'rokh? I'm currently:

- Running Holy Prism. Light's Hammer on normal was mainly for the stacked AoE phase which doesn't happen now.
    - Running Holy Avenger but struggling to use it effectively on the AoE lightning phase due to not being able to generate as much Holy Power.
    - Running Unbreakable Spirit and bubbling as many of the debuffs as I can. I suspect I might be better just Divine Protectioning the debuff and saving bubble for the AoE lighting?
    Holy prism is really strong on jin'rokh, it's often in the top below mastery and eternal flame for me. In fact I'd say it's strongest on most fights. Megaera is an exception where using anything other than lights hammer would be an outrage.

I'm not a huge fan of holy avenger, especially not after swapping away t14 4 set. There are fights were holy avenger is really good though, tortos hc for example. But I stick to DP for most fights.

For jin'rokh i'd recommend using unbreakable spirit as you do, but save bubble for the aoe phase so you can just bubble, go ham and heal anyone who's failing at dodging the lightning orbs.

You don't even need to use divine protection when dispellling that debuff on youtself, just throw a divine light before you do, and the shield will be more than enough to save you. Then you can use divine protection during the aoe phase instead when your bubble runs out, or when you don't have it ready.

I pick hand of purity on heroic council for biting cold. Helps healer mana a lot. But we have enough cds to handle solo soaking frostbite without me picking clemency so I guess it depends on the raid comp. (10 man btw)
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-05-17 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You don't even need to use divine protection when dispellling that debuff on youtself, just throw a divine light before you do, and the shield will be more than enough to save you. Then you can use divine protection during the aoe phase instead when your bubble runs out, or when you don't have it ready.
    Divine protection is a short enough cooldown where it will probably be up for the lightning phase even if you use it on yourself when dispelling ionization. I see no reason wasting time overhealing a divine light on yourself that will likely not provide enough of a shield to save you if you do not have a high amount of health(using the t14 4p gives me lower health than many people in my raid).

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I pick hand of purity on heroic council for biting cold. Helps healer mana a lot. But we have enough cds to handle solo soaking frostbite without me picking clemency so I guess it depends on the raid comp. (10 man btw)
    I run 25m heroic and we still need the cooldowns, we want to keep the frost bite covered with a cooldown for most of the dots duration. Biting Cold is hardly sniffed at, it can be covered by just normal healing.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-17 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Purity is used as part of our cd rotation for Frostbite. I've shifted away from Clemency in favor of US since I think it's just more useful overall this tier.
    Purity is hardly worth the GCD on frostbite. 6 secs of 10% = absolute max of 180k mitigated, usually more like 120k; I'd rather be swapping beacon onto them and casting heals.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Purity is hardly worth the GCD on frostbite. 6 secs of 10% = absolute max of 180k mitigated, usually more like 120k; I'd rather be swapping beacon onto them and casting heals.
    Since this has become a thing in this thread... I'll clarify...

My healing lead has my Purity as part of the stacked externals we're using on Frostbite targets. It's a healing plan I didn't design but the Frostbites don't die and the boss does. It was in place before I joined my current guild and there is no overwhelming need for me to reconfigure what they were doing before I got there since it's not costing us anything and the boss dies reliably every week. If I had been part of progression on this fight and entitled to an opinion things might be currently different.

Is it cool if we move on now?

Deleted
    Biting Cold is hardly sniffed at, it can be covered by just normal healing.
    I'm raiding in 10man too, still keeping Purity for the biting cold. Ofc it can be covered with normal healing, like pretty much every abilities in the whole game actually... That's not a good argument to me, at all. If you have nothing better to do, then reducing incoming damage should be your priority.

And now with increased dps we only get two or even one frostbite (and have 3 soakers in the raid). We also use a strategy involving me taking damage from the frostbite, so I just cannot sacrifice on them. I'm good with 2 sac on the whole fight, used on tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    I'm raiding in 10man too, still keeping Purity for the biting cold. Ofc it can be covered with normal healing, like pretty much every abilities in the whole game actually... That's not a good argument to me, at all. If you have nothing better to do, then reducing incoming damage should be your priority.

And now with increased dps we only get two or even one frostbite (and have 3 soakers in the raid). We also use a strategy involving me taking damage from the frostbite, so I just cannot sacrifice on them. I'm good with 2 sac on the whole fight, used on tanks.
    No Frostbite cannot just be covered with "normal healing". They will die within 2 tics if there was no cooldown put on them (self or otherwise) when they are solo soaking it. Biting cold in my experience requires little to no focus healing on the target, splash aoe heals keep them up fine. That is what I mean by "normal healing". But 10m is probably different because you don't have as many healers doing said aoe healing to cover the damage. I raid 25m btw.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-20 at 02:18 PM.

Biting cold in my experience requires little to no focus healing on the target, splash aoe heals keep them up fine.
    With no personals and if out of range of splash heals, biting cold can tick quite hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    With no personals and if out of range of splash heals, biting cold can tick quite hard.
    It can, but usually if they are out of range of splash heals they are doing something wrong unless it is a priest who we have out void tendriling.

Deleted
    Divine protection is a short enough cooldown where it will probably be up for the lightning phase even if you use it on yourself when dispelling ionization. I see no reason wasting time overhealing a divine light on yourself that will likely not provide enough of a shield to save you if you do not have a high amount of health(using the t14 4p gives me lower health than many people in my raid).

I run 25m heroic and we still need the cooldowns, we want to keep the frost bite covered with a cooldown for most of the dots duration. Biting Cold is hardly sniffed at, it can be covered by just normal healing.
    I always dispell myself after having dispelled some1 else, so my dp wouldn't be ready at least. But a shield from my DL has always been enough, even first day of progression when heroics were first available..

As for frostbite, self cd + 2x sac (1 each from me and prot pally) + ironbark + pain sup is always enough for us. Not sure why you would need more in a 25m raid.

On top of this I can also throw out a hand of purity just as a bonus for the lulz, since I have it for the biting colds anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-05-20 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok now that the patch is here what are everyone's numbers looking like for daybreak? Some fights I see an increase but others not so much, which is understandable considering it favors stacking for effective healing. But most of the increase might just come from the 2 set bonus I am using as well.

Deleted
    Ok now that the patch is here what are everyone's numbers looking like for daybreak? Some fights I see an increase but others not so much, which is understandable considering it favors stacking for effective healing. But most of the increase might just come from the 2 set bonus I am using as well.
    How are you finding the switch over from t14 4p in terms of healing style/pressing HS when it's not up? And how much are your numbers differing in total? Kinda worried as all I've ever known in the pvp4 set, then pve one