Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    What about the amount of spirit I have? Should I get more by getting pure spirit gems, instead of int/spirit? Or shall I just keep the gemming the way it is atmo and reforge all of that haste which I have into mastery? At what gear level should one start looking into going more haste? SoO normal+ ?
    I'd be a little more consistent, but you can pretty much gem Spirit for now (if you are using EF) until you get your legendary meta gem, mana trinket, and higher base item level. Even 18k spirit at your point isn't that bad, and you can always switch some gems to mastery as needed (so basically, turn some blues into greens, greens into yellows, if you feel you have too much mana).

Except for a few niche fights (Malkorok, Norushen for instance) haste is extremely overrated. You're looking at a marginally (0.2 seconds maybe) faster HR cast which also means you OOM faster, and 1 tick of EF HoT which will most likely just overheal and not trigger any mastery anyway, absolutely pointless.

And you are far, far better off until at least 560+ (with amp/mana trinkets, LMG, cloak) dropping spirit for mastery instead of dropping mastery for haste (both decrease your time to OOM, but spirit for mastery is overall better).

Nobody, in my "humble" opinion, should even think about 3506 or 7170 haste until you their regen level is comfortable to the point where they've dropped all spirit gems for mastery gems. Before that point, you'll most likely naturally have 3506 haste anyway (even reforging all mastery) just from amp trinket and pure item level.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-01-26 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input ^^ I think I will put some green gems mastery/spirit for my legs. 120 intellect is not that bad of a bonus to have.

I have to leave for work but I would like to leave my armory here and maybe get a few tips on what I could change. I most often 2 heal 10 man with a druid and on progression of Heroic sha I find myself ooming fairly quickly so I might have to step back on the haste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adrin/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    I have to leave for work but I would like to leave my armory here and maybe get a few tips on what I could change. I most often 2 heal 10 man with a druid and on progression of Heroic sha I find myself ooming fairly quickly so I might have to step back on the haste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adrin/advanced
    If you want to sustain that Haste level you'll need a mana regen trinket of some kind, but I'd recommend you drop down to the 3506 breakpoint until you can heal comfortably without feeling stretched for mana. If you could obtain a normal mode Blackfuse trinket, that would give you an extra ~2.8k Spirit to play with, which you could either drop from your gear or keep and be swimming in mana compared to where you are now. Alternatively, if you have a Horridon's Last Gasp lying around from normal+, that would be an extra 1.9k+ Spirit.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-02-03 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    You are not at the gear level where you should be considering any haste at all (not 7170, not 3506, not 1000, regardless of whatever "haste breakpoint discussion" you may be recommended or whatever you may see from other people here). Go all mastery then spirit. Your gems are an embarrassment too. I'd replace your ring and boot gems with the JC intellect gem, then put orange gems in the red sockets, green gems in the blue sockets. Full mastery in your yellow socket. Reforge everything in the meantime to mastery (since all of your gear comes with spirit). Your gems are fine but you should also dump divine purpose for holy avenger.

Sha of Pride is generally very easy on healing except near the swelling prides and in the final phase of the fight, so try to have CD's saved up for the swelling prides while making sure every CD you have is available for ~20 seconds before your final swelling pride (the one that will happen while unleashed is up). You want your raid topped off for and after that last swell, then you should kill the boss before the 2nd unleashed phase swelling pride, which will very quickly (if not immediately) wipe your raid.

Deleted
    Was just wondering if my gear is decent enough yet for normal? Or should i stick with trying flex?

Any pointers/tips on gear stat changes is welcomed.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...namorta/simple

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Was just wondering if my gear is decent enough yet for normal? Or should i stick with trying flex?

Any pointers/tips on gear stat changes is welcomed.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...namorta/simple

Thanks.
    I'd recommend you use http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-Fix-my-Heals! you'll probably get a better response

Deleted
    Is it worth putting 160 int in red gem sockets? I've seen some people have full 320 mastery everywhere, havn't tried it myself but what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by LATER View Post
    Is it worth putting 160 int in red gem sockets? I've seen some people have full 320 mastery everywhere, havn't tried it myself but what do you guys think?
    Its a stylistic choice, if you're going for Mastery > Int then it should be 320's yellow, 80/160's red, otherwise 80/160s yellows, 160 reds

Going back to 10 for the last three bosses in siege.

Coming from 25 i'm used to running with about 13k spirit and gemming full mastery(keeping the 7170 breakpoint). But for 10 man i've been seeing many pallys running int>Haste break point 7170>Mastery>Spirit 16-18k.
    Most of the pallys i've seen run around 17-18k spirit for 10 man. I'm wondering why?
    I can't link my armory due to being new to the site, but my toons name is Stelaris and i'm Stormreaver Horde.

Can someone teach me how to play a 25H holy paladin again, I rerolled to ranged dps after our first Ra-den kill :|

Progress has been over for a while but wipes on farm content are irritating...

Quote Originally Posted by Zayzo View Post
    Coming from 25 i'm used to running with about 13k spirit and gemming full mastery(keeping the 7170 breakpoint). But for 10 man i've been seeing many pallys running int>Haste break point 7170>Mastery>Spirit 16-18k.
    Most of the pallys i've seen run around 17-18k spirit for 10 man. I'm wondering why?
    I can't link my armory due to being new to the site, but my toons name is Stelaris and i'm Stormreaver Horde.
    Generally its more advised to play it safe in 10 man, you make up a lot more of the healing and need to be able to respond to anything. That along with less chance you'll get external cooldowns.

Heres your armory for anyone that wants to analyse further http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laris/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Zayzo View Post
    Siegecrafter isnt mana intensive, so 13k spirit should be enough, but for klaxxi you will need at least 14-15k spirit if you are going to two heal this fight.

I haven't touched challenge modes this xpac.. as of this patch, do you go for haste or mastery in these, or an even amount of each?

Deleted
    How do you guys rotate your cds? AW, DF and GoAK

Quote Originally Posted by zomgname View Post
    I haven't touched challenge modes this xpac.. as of this patch, do you go for haste or mastery in these, or an even amount of each?
    I just thought I'd reply to myself here, for anyone else that was wondering... I went with full haste and found CMs to be pretty easy! Got 9/9 gold in 2 days. Can't imagine having done it with mastery instead, several times my heals just barely went off fast enough. My stats (before CM squished them) were haste 38.91%, mastery 15%, spirit 17.468 (Probably could have dropped a good amount but wanted to be safe)

Deleted
    For CM.

Haven't done them on my pally in 5.4 but do them a lot on other heal specs. Singletarget healing is king in CMs and you are basically casting FoL a lot and more haste usually won't do you much. More mastery gives you more absorb on the tank.
    When I ran with my pally I just went with what I had on. You won't need much spirit since you can use the klaxxi amber during pulls to regen to full in no time.
    Be sure to use EF for CMs and put out as many as you can.
    Clemency is also very nice since you can HoS basically every 60s.

For CMs the best build is lots and lots of red gems. I would gem full int in red, int/mastery in yellow, int/spi in blue. Reforge to spirit > mastery > haste > crit.

Dig through your bank and bags and pull out the most sockets and the pieces with spirit/mastery. Set bonuses don't work, meta doesn't work, cloak doesn't work. Off set pieces are just as good as set so go for stats.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Why would you go for the extra spirit? With the Klaxxi ember you reg mana so fast between pulls that I never need the extra spirit. At least if you are just going for gold times, maybe for server times you can't afford to drink in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Why would you go for the extra spirit? With the Klaxxi ember you reg mana so fast between pulls that I never need the extra spirit. At least if you are just going for gold times, maybe for server times you can't afford to drink in-between.
    For people wondering Restorative Amber