Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LSPrimigenia View Post
    So my understanding is that by "chang[ing] static spirit to match what your gear can do", you mean that I should just allow my spirit levels to scale up naturally with gear level, only keeping the spirit I get from green gems in blue sockets and what occurs naturally on my gear? Is there a point at which I should start reforging out of spirit? My guess is only when I feel like I have a surplus amount of spirit and the 2nd BP is in sight, and I could comfortably reforge some spirit into haste to hit that BP?
    I just mean that to make AMR work well with the set-up I use you have to keep setting the Spirit cap higher as your gear scales up to stop it from either giving you pure Spirit gems or too little Spirit. If you feel like you need more Spirit then yes, just trade out the gems, but the main thing that will change your overall Spirit is the trinket(s).

Regarding the Int/Mastery, generally I've found I just prefer the pure Mastery stack in 25 man, where as I put more focus on Int in 10s purely because its more about being able to put people back up ASAP. I couldn't give you a definitive answer on which one you'll find better, but if you go with the socket bonus matching Mastery focus thats a good middle ground to let you adapt to both styles.

Hi Hi Again!

Just curious as to whether this post is still accurate for BiS:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...S+Holy+Paladin

I'm doing 10Man, running EF build.

I have been looking around at BiS lists and most seem to differ...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by supervixen View Post
    Hi Hi Again!

Just curious as to whether this post is still accurate for BiS:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...S+Holy+Paladin

I'm doing 10Man, running EF build.

I have been looking around at BiS lists and most seem to differ...

Cheers!
    Yeah thats the fairly standard BiS, can also trade in the Heirloom weap until you get WF/HC Shammy Mace. Its mostly just get the most Mastery you can though, so you can also use the Ordos Chest (WF) until you get HC Chest token, which is then used till you get HC+WF Garrosh, but thats called the end of the game, so who cares. As long as the item has Spirit and you're not getting so many Haste pieces that 3506 is too hard to get to though, it really doesn't matter what pieces you pick up.
    Like I'm currently using 5/5 because there's no other pieces I can drop for a Mastery piece, nothing wrong with it, specially as we have so few other options.

I don't know where else to post it (move if needed). Beside the percentage, what is the difference between Devotion Aura and Demoralizing Banner? Are they both damage reduction abilities? Do they work the same away against Garrosh's Empowered Whirling Corruption?
    Last edited by Armaph; 2014-04-28 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armaph View Post
    I don't know where else to post it (move if needed). Beside the percentage, what is the difference between Devotion Aura and Demoralizing Banner? Are they both damage reduction abilities? Do they work the same away against Garrosh's Empowered Whirling Corruption?
    Well one is 10% while the other is 20%, thats the only difference for something as short as Whirling Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Well one is 10% while the other is 20%, thats the only difference for something as short as Whirling Corruption.
    That wasn't the question.

---

To answer, yes, it should work - check your combat log to make sure, but any damage done by Garrosh Hellscream should be reduced.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I am new to Holy Paladin, I had to swap from Guardian/Resto Druid due to losing our Disc Priest and ended up using my boost on a Paladin.
    I am more then holding my own, but a question, I am using Divine Purpose more or less to just lower the number buttons I need to manage until I am more comfortable with it for the time being. With that said, during low damage phases, is it worth using single charge LoD to fish for DP procs? It really seems feast or famine so far, some times it just... works wonders sometimes it don't, much as the OP said. But is fishing for procs during lulls in damage worth it?
    Sorry if this is a borderline stupid question, I just can't make a call on it really due to inexperience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I am new to Holy Paladin, I had to swap from Guardian/Resto Druid due to losing our Disc Priest and ended up using my boost on a Paladin.
    I am more then holding my own, but a question, I am using Divine Purpose more or less to just lower the number buttons I need to manage until I am more comfortable with it for the time being. With that said, during low damage phases, is it worth using single charge LoD to fish for DP procs? It really seems feast or famine so far, some times it just... works wonders sometimes it don't, much as the OP said. But is fishing for procs during lulls in damage worth it?
    Sorry if this is a borderline stupid question, I just can't make a call on it really due to inexperience.
    DP scales with the amount of HP used, so fishing for procs is useless. Thats why you tend to get a large amount of procs from procs.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    DP scales with the amount of HP used, so fishing for procs is useless. Thats why you tend to get a large amount of procs from procs.
    I appreciate it, after reading this I had to go look at the tool tip and then did... probably what I should have done in the first place and went to WoWhead (google searches didn't lead me to an answer but WoWhead stated what you did) so thank you very much.
    1 Charge - 8% chance.
    2 Charges - 16% chance.
    3 Charges - 25% chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I appreciate it, after reading this I had to go look at the tool tip and then did... probably what I should have done in the first place and went to WoWhead (google searches didn't lead me to an answer but WoWhead stated what you did) so thank you very much.
    1 Charge - 8% chance.
    2 Charges - 16% chance.
    3 Charges - 25% chance.
    Indeed, the tooltip, as with a lot of Paladin tooltips, has hidden parts that it should really at least hint at.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am using Divine Purpose more or less to just lower the number buttons I need to manage until I am more comfortable with it for the time being.
    In all honesty, I can see why you are doing this but holy avenger is a big part of being a good holy paladin. Most of the fights have spike damage that this cooldown should be used and it's very easy to macro it with your divine favor so just because it "adds a button" it's easily paired with another and you might as well get used to using it. As for your question, Xs did a good job of answering it! =]
    Last edited by Voxheals; 2014-05-21 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxheals View Post
    In all honesty, I can see why you are doing this but holy avenger is a big part of being a good holy paladin. Most of the fights have spike damage that this cooldown should be used and it's very easy to macro it with your holy avenger so just because it "adds a button" it's easily paired with another and you might as well get used to using it. As for your question, Xs did a good job of answering it! =]
    Story:

When I was noobing on my paladin (5.0) it was actually the first thing I picked, because I thought the CD was sick (as a budding healer from DS loving the role, I saw the value of amazing CD's such as Tree of Life a lot). Then I read all this "Divine Purpose" hype and switched for many fights (Garalon, etc.) and did them as DP instead.

Since ToT HA's value has increased a lot, in part due to the increasing power of Disc Priests taking away the need for sustain-healing, and it's made me all the happier. So my initial "noob" choice was actually correct! (This also means HA is really not that hard to use - you can drop binds many other ways even if it's not technically optimal).

That said with all of that out of the way, with 4 set you can just macro HA into Divine Favor to save the bind.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Story:

When I was noobing on my paladin (5.0) it was actually the first thing I picked, because I thought the CD was sick (as a budding healer from DS loving the role, I saw the value of amazing CD's such as Tree of Life a lot). Then I read all this "Divine Purpose" hype and switched for many fights (Garalon, etc.) and did them as DP instead.

Since ToT HA's value has increased a lot, in part due to the increasing power of Disc Priests taking away the need for sustain-healing, and it's made me all the happier. So my initial "noob" choice was actually correct! (This also means HA is really not that hard to use - you can drop binds many other ways even if it's not technically optimal).

That said with all of that out of the way, with 4 set you can just macro HA into Divine Favor to save the bind.
    When I wrote "macro it with holy avenger" I actually meant divine favor, oops brain fart!

I actually used divine purpose throughout 5.0 until ToT and I don't know if I was lucky or just naive but I felt like it did proc exactly when I needed it. I did realize in ToT however that having the on use holy power from holy avenger was just amazing because that's when damage became sort of spiky and I Believe holy avenger and divine favor (with 4 piece SoO gear) are a perfect match and can be a very strong raid cooldown for today's raids

Quote Originally Posted by Voxheals View Post
    When I wrote "macro it with holy avenger" I actually meant divine favor, oops brain fart!

I actually used divine purpose throughout 5.0 until ToT and I don't know if I was lucky or just naive but I felt like it did proc exactly when I needed it. I did realize in ToT however that having the on use holy power from holy avenger was just amazing because that's when damage became sort of spiky and I Believe holy avenger and divine favor (with 4 piece SoO gear) are a perfect match and can be a very strong raid cooldown for today's raids
    I loved DP for 5.0 & ToT because it was great for blanketing, and it coincided nicely with my guild managing to do 25's all through ToT, SoO with its spike and the set bonus decrease the value of DP a lot, along with the much greater use of 2 HP EF's reducing the proc chance (albeit 2's and 1's where quite common in ToT too).

Be nice to see how DP does in WoD, since its slightly better than HA for sustained HPS, and with us losing the 4 piece and getting a lot less overheal out of 3HP spells, it might see a nice come back.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-05-21 at 08:30 PM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I loved DP for 5.0 & ToT because it was great for blanketing, and it coincided nicely with my guild managing to do 25's all through ToT, SoO with its spike and the set bonus decrease the value of DP a lot, along with the much greater use of 2 HP EF's reducing the proc chance (albeit 2's and 1's where quite common in ToT too).

Be nice to see how DP does in WoD, since its slightly better than HA for sustained HPS, and with us losing the 4 piece and getting a lot less overheal out of 3HP spells, it might see a nice come back.
    Yeah It would be nice to see it do well in WoD however with all the talent changes that are going to happen, new boss fight styles (healer mechanics apparently!) etc we'll have to see exactly what we're dealing with to gauge it!

I can't fathom that RNG DP procs will ever actually be better than on demand burst. I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong on that point but I can't see where it would be ahead.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

If they'd just increase the duration of the proc, now that they're making it only work with WoG, that would make it more usable, as it would be more like storing HP to use in a pinch when you need it more. Gotta remember though that 115% healing RNG > 110% healing controlled *IF* they remove the "Burst will kill someone" mechanic they've been using, then the only deciding factor will be "Do members of your raid stand in fire?", to which the answer should hopefully be no, but you've got to allow for that.

Gotta remember though that 115% healing RNG > 110% healing controlled *IF* they remove the "Burst will kill someone" mechanic they've been using.
    That is still wrong.

Hi there,

I've a little question that you might (sure !) be able to answer : when you're calculating the % of Mastery for your Holy Paladin and you get 40.27% for example; will you do an absorb shield for 40.27% of amount healed or will you do a 40.00% shield ?

Do you need to reforge/gemming to be the lowest of an exact % ? 40.99% Does count only for a 40.00% straight one ?

Thx by advance and sorry for my poor english XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobofou View Post
    Hi there,

I've a little question that you might (sure !) be able to answer : when you're calculating the % of Mastery for your Holy Paladin and you get 40.27% for example; will you do an absorb shield for 40.27% of amount healed or will you do a 40.00% shield ?

Do you need to reforge/gemming to be the lowest of an exact % ? 40.99% Does count only for a 40.00% straight one ?

Thx by advance and sorry for my poor english XD
    With a 100.000 heal you would gain a 40990 shield. The game occasionally makes it look as if it's not like this (AMP trinket tooltips), but it does calculate the whole number, it does not round up.
    Last edited by Viriel; 2014-05-22 at 09:43 AM. Reason: OMG Typo's!
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476