Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    maybe u dont know but , now we use AOE skills even when we are not doing AOE, so if u are only using Avenger shield/sentence/crusader strike and SOTR u may aswell use consecration and holy wrath in between and probably u will die from boredom, as i have my action bar empy..... and if they dont change something , as it is now , im not gona lvl as a prot paladin and i have done it from lvl 10 to lvl 85 before, sad time :S , gona try to go ret or lvl up my mage first , dont know yet , as its now account wide mounts and achievements.. so its dosnt matter as much as before...

If u have the WORD of glory gliph u may aswell cast it to damage enemies, as its does much more damage than SOTR, and never use SOTR while lvl/doing dailies/farming as its probably to usseless for the tinny amount that non elite minions hit u
    Holy wrath can be glyphed to hit one target and not meteor off. It's single target also.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It also depends on the fight. On something like Ultraxion where my cooldowns are cut in half, I can fill a lot of that time with Divine Protection or Ardent Defender. Still has gaps since both those abilities are 30 seconds (I think) and 1.5 minutes with the buff. (GoAK is saved for soaks) And remember, you can also take the downtime to refresh Sacred Shield.
    Problem is both DP and AD are off the GCD so it doesn't really help with the empty GCD problem. The spec I've been working with takes both Sacred Shield and Divine Purpose so that helps some, but its still not perfect. I'm thinking I might start refreshing Sacred Shield very early anytime (like with 15 or 20 seconds left) if theres a blank GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    Problem is both DP and AD are off the GCD so it doesn't really help with the empty GCD problem. The spec I've been working with takes both Sacred Shield and that helps some, but its still not perfect. I'm thinking I might start refreshing Sacred Shield very early anytime (like with 15 or 20 seconds left) if theres a blank GCD.
    That's essentially what I do.

Nothing else to press? Refresh SS.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Anyway with the lvl90 talent, we may have another button to press every 20 sec , so it can fullfill the hole nicely....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I made up for that by hitting hard. 189k SHOTR and loads of 100k + judgements make me dribble. Not on Zon'ozz either, I'd expect it there - Ultraxion.
    how are u doing this? im still kinda new to the new prot rotation, but i feel like im hitting for less than before the patch...any help?

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That's essentially what I do.

Nothing else to press? Refresh SS.
    Pretty much this.

It took me some time to get used to the new rhythm, after so long of CS-x CS-x it felt very odd to now be doing CS-x-x CS-x-x.
    I eventually got used to it but I tend to have a few spare GCDs if I don't get Grand Crusader procs, these get filled with SS now.

Even if you have plenty of time left on it there's no harm in refreshing it early and you might not get a GCD free when it's about to run out if you put off refreshing it.
    I've found that after getting used to using it to fill empty GCDs that I barely have to track whether it's up or not, I can pretty much ignore the timer on the buff.

Deleted
    One question.

Is it really important to use Crusader Strike while tanking ? I find that just using hammer of the righteous even on single targets doesn't cause problems with threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    One question.

Is it really important to use Crusader Strike while tanking ? I find that just using hammer of the righteous even on single targets doesn't cause problems with threat.
    Yes, even if you aren't having threat problems the extra DPS will help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    One question.

Yes it's important. I'm guessing you're not level 85 or something or maybe you're not tanking raids (because lets be honest, most people in this game don't raid so it's not impossible).

I hope you use keybinds, I'm about to make your life a whole lot easier.

/cast [nomod] Crusader Strike, [mod:alt] Hammer of the Righteous

So now you press that button and you cast crusader strike, hold alt when you press it and you cast Hammer of the Righteous. You can change alt to "ctrl" or "shift" if you so desire.

I must admit that I'm still in the camp of forgetting to cycle HOTR into my rotation and therefore forgetting to put the debuff up.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Yes, having CS put up that debuff as well would have been great, they share a CD after all.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, having CS put up that debuff as well would have been great, they share a CD after all.
    That would be ideal imo, but I can't believe that they simply overlooked something like that. Their exclusion of the debuff on CS has to be for intentional reasons, even if I disagree with them.

i dont get what the problem is of waiting for abilitys to get ready if its only 1-2 seks like prot pala her, we will also get a lvl 90 talent on 20 sec or 1 min CD.
    if you tank the boss good enough or if you can make good dps its just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    That would be ideal imo, but I can't believe that they simply overlooked something like that. Their exclusion of the debuff on CS has to be for intentional reasons, even if I disagree with them.
    They didn't overlook it, it's an intentional change. If you check all the other tanks the debuff is tied to an AoE move (Thunderclap, Thrash, Keg Smash, DK's are wierd and have it on a disease), I guess blizz like the idea of having us use random AoE moves in our ST rotation...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

If you're not GCD-capped as a pally in 5.0.4, you're doing it wrong. You should be filling up gaps in your rotation with Divine Wrath, Consecrate and Sacred Shield refreshes.

If anything, I feel kind of the opposite now that they've properly applied Sanctity of Battle to our main abilities.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I must admit that I'm still in the camp of forgetting to cycle HOTR into my rotation and therefore forgetting to put the debuff up.
    Get the glyph, it increases the duration significantly.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They didn't overlook it, it's an intentional change. If you check all the other tanks the debuff is tied to an AoE move (Thunderclap, Thrash, Keg Smash, DK's are wierd and have it on a disease), I guess blizz like the idea of having us use random AoE moves in our ST rotation...
    I'm not saying that they did overlook it. I've seen that idea tossed around a bit and I was saying that I find hard to believe that they overlooked it at all