Deleted

ret pally dodge parry

forgive me if its a stupid question but wtf is going on with melee,

stats, 8.19% hit
    expertise 5.64%
    21.23% pvp power

duelling a warrior m8 and we cant kill each other its. just dodge. parry. all you can hear is the swords clinking off each other whole fight.. maybe 7k crits if anything.

popped wings. pvp trinket. inquisition, 5 holly powers.. and templars verdict hits for 7k :/
    iv goggling but cant find anything,,

I know the resilience changed... but im seeing nothing above 9k. even with all cds popped, any help?
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-08-29 at 11:21 PM.

Yeah, just did a BG as combat.

Didn't land a single Gouge vs a melee.

Need more Expertise.

PvP deaths disabled until 90.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 12:55 AM ----------

Ok but seriously, check out your parry. You guys now get strength converting to parry the same way a rogue converts dodge to agility- at essentially the same rate. Of course, rogues got that because they wear leather, but, whatever. Anyway, that's your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Of course, rogues got that because they wear leather, but, whatever. Anyway, that's your issue.
    Because it's not like Armor is really worth anything against anyone except a Ret(Loved those 10k TV Crits on Resi stacking blood DKs in BGs : /), considering a Warrior regularly ignores it and a DK generally does magic damage. Rogues were just ignoring 70% of it with Ambush timings and Feral's bleeds have always ignored armor.

Rogues had a damage reduction from Recup ontop of that too, no less..
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-08-31 at 02:28 AM.

Str melee finally got their Str to parry ratios closer to what Agi melee has had. In 4.0 a geared Str melee would have around 15% parry, 5% dodge while a Agi would have 30% dodge and 5% parry. In 5.0 you're seeing all melee with around 35% combined dodge + parry rate.

Basically Rets, DKs and Warriors got their avoidance rate doubled. This won't really change at 90 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    In 4.0 a geared Str melee would have around 15% parry, 5% dodge while a Agi would have 30% dodge and 5% parry.
    Absolute fallacies, Enhancement Shamans weren't even close to 30% dodge, more like 20% with full cataclysmic and +50 agi gems.

You are supposed to be mobile when Pvping, not standing in front of one another wailing on eachother till something happens. Getting behind your opponent is exceptionally easy to do. Just run through them. Time your abilities that cannot be parried (Judgement / Exo / Harsh Words) with those that can (Crusader Strike / TV) so that when you know you'll be behind your target, you can use CS or TV, but if your opponent turns around, then use your other abilities. It's really not that difficult at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced vs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dsoul/advanced vs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fayz/advanced:

Grafarion 40.25% dodge/parry chance. Landsoul 34.75% parry/dodge chance. Fayz 40.58% dodge/parry chance.

Oh and don't forget armor: 61% reduction vs 47.65% reduction vs 44.4% reduction.

This is fucking stupid as shit. At least leveling will be easier now. I bet many of the server first 90s will be DPS TG warrs : lots of parry from Str, and victory rush spamming.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-08-31 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    Absolute fallacies, Enhancement Shamans weren't even close to 30% dodge, more like 20% with full cataclysmic and +50 agi gems.
    Yeah that's true Enhancement Shammies weren't that high. Honestly forgot about Shammies when I made that statement. They're not that prominent in high end PVP. Ferals and Rogues on the other hand were up in 30% area.

str now has the same scaling with parry that agi has with dodge.

result? while i still can't hit a rogue, i parry every thing they do.

fuck you rogues, i laugh every time i parry your kidneys.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-08-31 at 03:34 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    duelling a warrior m8 and we cant kill each other its. just dodge. parry. all you can hear is the swords clinking off each other whole fight.. maybe 7k crits if anything.
    Well... that's pretty much how real medieval sword fight would go. Dodges, parries, and the few hits that get through are usually deflected by armor, unless they hit a weak spot like armpit or other gap in the armor joints.

Means melee duels will become very interesting. Currently I got about 35% parry (but only 3,5% dodge) on my ret pally.

It also means that in fights against heavily armored opponents, using Word of Glory offensively (with Glyph of Harsh Words) might become a very viable option to TV, since as magical damage it bypasses armor and can't be avoided.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2012-08-31 at 03:37 AM.

templars verdict hits for 7k
    in 359 gear? dont ignor the ~40% additional holy damage that comes through armor.
    but it really like a fight with a lot of parries feels more epic than just hitting each other down (we just need a better parry animation)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    forgive me if its a stupid question but wtf is going on with melee,

stats, 8.19% hit
    expertise 5.64%
    21.23% pvp power

popped wings. pvp trinket. inquisition, 5 holly powers.. and templars verdict hits for 7k :/
    iv goggling but cant find anything,,

I know the resilience changed... but im seeing nothing above 9k. even with all cds popped, any help?
    I wanted to duel a ret on my dk. DAFUQ?! He literally parried EVERYTHING, it was like trying to hit a hunter who has deterrance up.