i know 70 pvp isnt ballanced but...

i know level 70 pvp isn't balanced... but this is pretty stupid to watch a holy pally go 60-0 1 shotting everything with denounce.

http://i.imgur.com/FQ6LN.png

I know almost everything is never correct after the patch... but even with the earlier hotfix today for what ever it was... this should have been hot fixed too..

just wanted to rant a little bit while i sit here and wait for this bg to finish..

I enjoy how you can't tell if the player is holy and how you over exaggerated the issue since no one is 60-0 on that screen. It honestly looks like a much more skilled Alliance team going up against a far inferior Horde team.

Quote Originally Posted by Saaria View Post
    i know level 70 pvp isn't balanced... but this is pretty stupid to watch a holy pally go 60-0 1 shotting everything with denounce.

http://i.imgur.com/FQ6LN.png

I know almost everything is never correct after the patch... but even with the earlier hotfix today for what ever it was... this should have been hot fixed too..

just wanted to rant a little bit while i sit here and wait for this bg to finish..

Firstly, it isn't 60-0. It is 42 -0. Secondly the Paladin isn't Holy. Look at his healing done. Clearly is Retribution. Thirdly it isn't unusual, for Paladin of any spec to get a high number of killing blows, Their execute makes them pretty cool in stealing kills. And I am guessing its a WSG BG.

I will probably give you the benefit of the doubt that the 2nd Paladin on that list could have been holy or simply been Ret and off healed. It isn't uncommon for most Ret Paladins to be off healing in the lower brackets, since mana isn't a problem. But I am going to go ahead and say both those paladins were retribution and were geared.

that SS was taken before it was finished. There was still 7 minutes left. they both were holy pallys, my cursor was over the holy pallys icon, thats why it says holy palidan on the tool tip. i had yet to update my BG mods

Yes i know about looking at his healing done, that's whats so wrong about this.. HOLY palidans using denounce are broke as sh't.. the sp scaling is so far off atm.
    Last edited by Saaria; 2012-08-30 at 02:01 AM.

This is correct, from the 10-19 bracket today they were one shotting people. Also played my mage in the 75-79 bracket getting hit for a holy shock for 30k.... even as a 79 twink. I only got 40k health. The average health in that bracket is 18-22k. SO 30k holy shock. Yeap, pretty broken game at the moment with healers like that. They to make a new comment on the loading screen saying, "PvP is no new user friendly, unless you are a healer." Shit like that happening in game, will cause newer people to leave thinking its always like that.

not that your concerns arent valid.. but they just rejigged the entire talent system. are 1 month from launching the new expack.. and have a ton of fixes/bugs to work out already... I hardly think low level pvp is a concern :P pvp isnt balanced @ low levels, youll always get those who simply excel at it.

My frost mage says hi

17K HP, 80% dmg reduction, PoM, RoF, Ice orb, Invis, 34% crit, 22% haste, 12K Shield - Utterly destroys anything
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2012-08-30 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    not that your concerns arent valid.. but they just rejigged the entire talent system. are 1 month from launching the new expack.. and have a ton of fixes/bugs to work out already... I hardly think low level pvp is a concern :P pvp isnt balanced @ low levels, youll always get those who simply excel at it.
    Yes, they have bigger concerns, but like I said many NEW PLAYERS could see this type of stuff as concerning, and quit before getting ahead. Blizzard is trying to get their player base back, but things like this will turn people away. As I know a lot of people enjoy low level pvp, especially twinking, and only play the game for that aspect now. I know for me, if this isn't fix I won't be playing as much, and may end up quitting depending on how bad content is with MoP. I only play the game when it's this stale for low level pvp.

i did 3v3 wargames, playing kfc with a holy pally against a vanguards... we switched to the priest in a HoJ, our hpal popped wings and crit the priest for 39k holy shock.

so yes, holy paladins are a bit strong.
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-08-30 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    i did 3v3 wargames, playing kfc with a holy pally against a vanguards... we switched to the priest in a HoJ, our hpal popped wings and crit the priest for 39k holy shock.

so yes, holy paladins are a bit strong.
    39k ish at 85? Then It is most likely a scaling issue. At lower brackets it crits for 80-100% of your hp (even if you have 60-75% resilience), this is without wings/cds. They just derp around using only instants that either kill you in 1-2 shoot or heal themselfs from 1-100%hp all without a single cast.
    Healing also needs to be scaled down alot. I have seen some funny immortal healers like a resto druid in av surviving alone with Balinda (with 25+ hordes hitting on him). Absorbs also needs to be scaled down (the shaman totem seems to be working okey), priest bubble/ frost barrier is not working as intended. Unless you have a purge/counterspell/dispell/tranq shoot you have no chance whatsoever of breaking that absorb before it is reapplied.

If it stays this way new players will face hell in bgs and will most likely not play pvp atall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I enjoy how you can't tell if the player is holy and how you over exaggerated the issue since no one is 60-0 on that screen. It honestly looks like a much more skilled Alliance team going up against a far inferior Horde team.
    Yeah, and I guess I just imagined throwing 9k Avenger's Shields at kids in the 69 bracket back in November during the Cataclysm prepatch.

Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore.

Blizzard does not care about low level pvp, level up.

It seems to me that pvp is always completely broken in some bracket. As a disc priest I just got mauled for eternity by rogues doing the stun and gank shit at lower levels. Maybe its a l2p issue on my behalf but with a 5 min CD on low level trinkets I don't see what I can do differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It seems to me that pvp is always completely broken in some bracket. As a disc priest I just got mauled for eternity by rogues doing the stun and gank shit at lower levels. Maybe its a l2p issue on my behalf but with a 5 min CD on low level trinkets I don't see what I can do differently.

roll human.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Firstly, it isn't 60-0. It is 42 -0. Secondly the Paladin isn't Holy. Look at his healing done. Clearly is Retribution. Thirdly it isn't unusual, for Paladin of any spec to get a high number of killing blows, Their execute makes them pretty cool in stealing kills. And I am guessing its a WSG BG.

I will probably give you the benefit of the doubt that the 2nd Paladin on that list could have been holy or simply been Ret and off healed. It isn't uncommon for most Ret Paladins to be off healing in the lower brackets, since mana isn't a problem. But I am going to go ahead and say both those paladins were retribution and were geared.
    Do you even play World of Warcraft? Or do you even PvP at all? If I show you a screen from level 85, not like this dude, where 2 holy paladins were in top 3 of damage, what will you say? If I post a few screens from 2s wargames where holy paladins were doing more damage than 2 dps, what will you say? Holy Paladins are broken as hell, there is absolutely no point in even denying it or to find excuses... You said that the paladin was ret 'cuz of low healing... How is he supposed to heal if he simply globals people?

I know it will obviously get fixed sooner or later and holy paladins will go back to a HEALER state, not a god mode dps and healing spec, but seeing clueless people like you, makes me sick... You're indeed a noob...