Question New gaming build, are these temps normal?

Hey everyone! Just finished putting together my first gaming build today and so far its great! I am using the i5 3570k, z77 ud3h mobo, 8gb corsair low profile ram @ 1600mhz and the cooler master hyper 212 evo for my cpu cooler. I have 4 case fans in total, using the haf 912 and i'm in the bios and my cpu temperature is displaying as about 29-31 degrees idle. I turned off turbo boost and I don't have an os or a gpu yet but is this temp ok? The core temps are as follows:

Core 1: 33-35 degrees
    Core 2: 35-30
    Core 3: 34-36
    Core 4: 33-34

When i get the gpu and os i will be running benchmark tests to see what the load temps are but how are these for idle? I'm just a bit paranoid because it's my first build and i wanna make sure i applied the cpu cooler correctly and all. i used the pea sized thermal paste in the middle method.

Oh and the vcore is 1.005V.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those temps are fine. Intel CPUs can go up to about 100C, so I wouldn't ever worry about anything under 80
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Lol those temps are perfectly fine. What the guy above me said is correct, and although an Intel CPU might be able to handle 100c, that would def be a reason to be suspicious of problems and you'd want to get it fixed.

Ok thanks, I'm just curious because I've read other threads where people have the same type of setup with 10 degrees lower idles. Also I do plan to overclock to 4Ghz or higher eventually. Once I get my gpu, what would be some good tests to run to stress it? I'm still quite new to this

IB TJ Max is 105 Celsius. That being said you would not want anywhere higher than 85-90 C maximum (ideally you shouldn't expect to go above 80 with good cooler) and I'm talking about during stress test, which basically tests stability for worst case scenario - that you will never encounter during normal gaming.

With i5 3750k, I think you can easily OC to 4.5-4.6 Ghz with a decent after-market CPU cooler.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-08-30 at 03:30 PM.