403 Error + Blizzard = Epic Fail

I'm actually desperate for help, so please advise if you can.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that both my iPhone Armory app and the blizzard websites were giving me 403 Errors (Too many attemps). I was still logging into the WoW (and Starcraft) with no problem. But I couldn't log into anything else. I first noticed it when trying to buy MoP online.

I use the authenticator, so I wasn't too worried. I thought it was just a temporary glitch. But after two or three weeks I got worried, so I chatted up a GM in wow, and he tried to investigate the problem. He tried, but he couldn't figure it out. So we agreed that it should be escalated to tech support. I logged out happy that it would be fixed soon.

Now, I was afraid to reset my password or anything like that, because I didn't want to get logged out of the game. And actually, I couldn't reset my password anyway, since I couldn't login anywhere except the games. I made all of this very clear in my ticket to tech support.

So, what does Blizzard do? They send the standard template 'solution' to me in an email. The 'idiots' sent me a password reset link, and CLOSED my ticket. As predicted, this locked me out of the games. They obviously completely ignored my problem, as clicking the links they sent me had the same exact result: 403 error.

It gets worse. I frantically try to contact Blizzard, but find it IMPOSSIBLE. I replied to the emails, but every address bounced back with a comment redirecting me to the website, saying they don't monitor those email addresses. I tried every link I could find on the websites, but EVERYTHING requires a login!! Even when it says "Having trouble logging in?" it still requires a login! There is no way to submit a ticket or contact Blizzard without a login. I can't even rage quit!

So I come to the good people of MMO Champion, hoping that someone will know of a way to contact Blizzard or get around the 403 Error.

Thanks.

I really have no idea what else to tell you than actually contacting Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by lix View Post
    I'm actually desperate for help, so please advise if you can.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that both my iPhone Armory app and the blizzard websites were giving me 403 Errors (Too many attemps). I was still logging into the WoW (and Starcraft) with no problem. But I couldn't log into anything else. I first noticed it when trying to buy MoP online.

I use the authenticator, so I wasn't too worried. I thought it was just a temporary glitch. But after two or three weeks I got worried, so I chatted up a GM in wow, and he tried to investigate the problem. He tried, but he couldn't figure it out. So we agreed that it should be escalated to tech support. I logged out happy that it would be fixed soon.

Now, I was afraid to reset my password or anything like that, because I didn't want to get logged out of the game. And actually, I couldn't reset my password anyway, since I couldn't login anywhere except the games. I made all of this very clear in my ticket to tech support.

So, what does Blizzard do? They send the standard template 'solution' to me in an email. The 'idiots' sent me a password reset link, and CLOSED my ticket. As predicted, this locked me out of the games. They obviously completely ignored my problem, as clicking the links they sent me had the same exact result: 403 error.

It gets worse. I frantically try to contact Blizzard, but find it IMPOSSIBLE. I replied to the emails, but every address bounced back with a comment redirecting me to the website, saying they don't monitor those email addresses. I tried every link I could find on the websites, but EVERYTHING requires a login!! Even when it says "Having trouble logging in?" it still requires a login! There is no way to submit a ticket or contact Blizzard without a login. I can't even rage quit!

So I come to the good people of MMO Champion, hoping that someone will know of a way to contact Blizzard or get around the 403 Error.

Thanks.

Just pick up the phone and call. Seriously it seems to be your only option.
    Last edited by Ironmonster; 2012-08-30 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    * Looks at phone.... scratches head.... leaves thread totally baffled *

3. Call Support
    Live Customer Support representatives are available to assist you. Refer to our contact details specific to your region.
    Note: You may experience a brief wait time prior to speaking with a representative.

Did you know that you can use Skype to call our Support for Free?

Simply install Skype on your computer or phone and use it to dial +44 800 0288246. Skype does not charge you for calls to +44 800 numbers even from outside the UK!

Hours of Operation: 9:30am - 10pm Paris Time, 7 days a week

United Kingdom
    0800 0288246

Denmark
    80 60 22 14

Finland
    0800 97442

Ireland
    1800 995 092

Italy
    800 928389

Netherlands
    0800 0202164

Norway
    800 83996

Poland
    0800 702217

Sweden
    020 1605820

Austria
    0800 362066

Belgium
    0800 81066

France
    0805 540514

Germany
    0800 5890644

Portugal
    800 208979

Russia
    8800 5550104

Spain
    900 812669

Switzerland
    0800 001177

Charges may apply if calling from a mobile phone, check with your service provider for details.

World of Warcraft support is available in English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, and only for customers playing on the European World of Warcraft realms.
    StarCraft II support is available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
    Diablo III support is available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish.
    Support for all other games is available in English, French, German, Russian and Spanish.

Thanks for the comments. I have been calling of course, but that also has issues. I'm in a different time zone, and the Blizzard answering message takes one minute of pressing buttons before they finally tell you that they are not open. No option to rage quit with a voice message either :/ But yea, the phone seems like the only way. The experience shouldn't be this terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phone will likely be the only way, yes. If the timezone is an issue, can you get up earlier or later in a day to try? Perhaps sleep in or nap so you can remain awake?

Quote Originally Posted by lix View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I have been calling of course, but that also has issues. I'm in a different time zone, and the Blizzard answering message takes one minute of pressing buttons before they finally tell you that they are not open. No option to rage quit with a voice message either :/ But yea, the phone seems like the only way. The experience shouldn't be this terrible.
    Just compare your time against Paris Time, and then you'll know when they operate. Although unless you're on the other side of the world, their working hours are very flexible.

Adding to the list of fails... phone calls are simply ended after the automated 'all representatives are busy now' message. No chance to hold. No chance to leave a message. After several days and many hours, I still cannot find any way to contact Blizzard. I am truly amazed by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Their phone support is awesome, use it
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Does anyone know of an email address or any way to get an emergency message to Blizzard, without a login required?

I still cannot contact them. I lost track of the attempted phone calls, but I try several times a day. I have not been able to play any of my games since Tech support reset my password with their 'fix' action. (Starcraft even blocks me from 'guest' mode now).

I have the same problem as lix. Recently I wanted to restart my WoW account with MoP coming out soon, but this past week I've been unable to log into my WoW account, because of the same error. I live in Taiwan, which I have for the last 3 years, but never had an error like this. I called Blizzard, got hung up on the first time due to too many people being on hold, got a hold of them the second time, and the tech support people were unable to help me. I had logged in a couple days prior, and it only started to happen when Blizzard added the captcha stuff to their website. Short version is they told me they can't do anything to fix the problem, and that I'm locked out of my account for the indefinite future. I want to give them money, and their stupidity won't let me.

Have you tried contacting BlizzardCS via Twitter?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

A few things i would try

1. Try to access it from another PC connected to your network
    2. Restart router via power cycle (unplug it for 10-30 seconds then plug it back in)
    2. Use a different web browser
    3. Scan computer for viruses/malware

the 403 error has many things which can cause it

403.1 - Execute access forbidden.
    403.2 - Read access forbidden.
    403.3 - Write access forbidden.
    403.4 - SSL required.
    403.5 - SSL 128 required.
    403.6 - IP address rejected.
    403.7 - Client certificate required.
    403.8 - Site access denied.
    403.9 - Too many users.
    403.10 - Invalid configuration.
    403.11 - Password change.
    403.12 - Mapper denied access.
    403.13 - Client certificate revoked.
    403.14 - Directory listing denied.
    403.15 - Client Access Licenses exceeded.
    403.16 - Client certificate is untrusted or invalid.
    403.17 - Client certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
    403.18 - Cannot execute request from that application pool.

Ok, I figured out a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, the solution is a pain in the ass.

If you're trying to log into the US version of battle.net, you need to do so from the US. Simplest way to do so is to get a proxy/VPN service that has availability in the US. I have Ivacy back from when I was living in China, so I was able to use that to set my proxy to the US. It allowed me to get onto the blizzard website and log in. I'm almost certain the 403 error in this case is caused by logging into the us.battle.net website from outside the US/Canada. I sent a ticket to blizzard to inform them and hopefully get this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrot View Post
    Ok, I figured out a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, the solution is a pain in the ass.

If you're trying to log into the US version of battle.net, you need to do so from the US. Simplest way to do so is to get a proxy/VPN service that has availability in the US. I have Ivacy back from when I was living in China, so I was able to use that to set my proxy to the US. It allowed me to get onto the blizzard website and log in. I'm almost certain the 403 error in this case is caused by logging into the us.battle.net website from outside the US/Canada. I sent a ticket to blizzard to inform them and hopefully get this fixed.
    Out of curiosity, which country are you connecting from? I have no issues logging to the us.battle.net outside US/Canada...

Edit: You mentioned it in the earlier post I just noted, Taiwan. If you use your normal connection (without the proxy) can you login at http://tw.battle.net/zh/? Might be that they've decided to close access from your provider to the US site due to "problems"?
    Last edited by sebun; 2012-09-09 at 08:49 PM.

I tried it from Taiwan. I can log in from Taiwan, but when I go to view the game settings, it redirects me to the us.battle.net website, which I get locked out of. While I was online, I was able to get a response for my ticket. The jist is, this is something Blizzard implemented, and I'm screwed because of it. Their recommendation was to change my address to be where I live, but I can't do that, since my country is locked, plus I play blizzard products when I go back home, which would lead to the same problems. I would need to get on Skype and call tech support to do this for me, which may not even work to circumvent this problem. Most likely since I told them how I got around it, are going to spend more time to make sure I can't do that again than to let me be able to access my account. So.... I'm ok for now, very likely screwed in the future.

Well yeah, your options are pretty limited in this case. In case you didn't yet give it a try, resetting your public IP and flushing your dns could be worth trying. It sounds like either your IP is in pool that is blocked or it could be your DNS that is blocked (or both), I highly doubt they'd block whole country (without a reason).

I did the IP reset and the logging in from different computers/browsers, no dice. I asked a friend of mine who also lives in Taiwan to check and see if he can log in.