Divine Purpose - Need Help understanding tooltip.

Divine Purpose
    Abilities that cost Holy Power have a 25% chance to cause the Divine Purpose effect

Divine Purpose
    Your next Holy Power ability will consume no Holy Power and will cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Lasts 8 sec.

Does it mean that it only procs from WOG or TV? And is it 25% for every Holy Power used?

Blizzard is going to reduce the chance it will proc if used with less than 3 holy power in Mists, and yes it only procs from any Holy power spender.
    Last edited by Moltentank19; 2012-08-30 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    It's a 25% chance no matter how many you spend.

It procs off all Holy Power spending abilities, Inquisition, WoG, TV, LoD etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    It's a 25% chance no matter how many you spend.

It procs off all Holy Power spending abilities, Inquisition, WoG, TV, LoD etc.
    As they have stated in a recent blue the 25% is with 3 HP.If you spent less the % is reduced.

It seems (from a Holy perspective at least) that it procs a lot more than 25%. I was playing around with it and WoG yesterday on live and it seemed like once it procced it would more often than not proc two, three or even four times in a row. Now, RNG is RNG I know, but the proc rate seemed too substantial to be just RNG. Not sure if there's a bug involved in there somewhere.

Well, think about it, you used 3HP from DP, so it's got a 25% chance to proc DP again. I had this happen in a dungeon run the other night. I was able to EF all my group members in seconds. I like it because it's a bonus you have to react to quickly.
    Moo.

It's a strong talent to be sure, as it seems to proc often which is amazing for us prot pallys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertitan View Post
    It's a strong talent to be sure, as it seems to proc often which is amazing for us prot pallys
    This. I mean, HA is technically stronger due to the holy power it grants you on average, but DP grants a higher uptime of the SHOTR buff, making DP the general go-to-talent for most fights.

There are some where you'd take HA instead though, such as Heroic Spine so you can burst tendons. I preferred it on Madness last night too as on the massive tentacle things it allowed me to do 85k dps I don't have any logs so you'll just have to believe me on that, but 320k-385k Avengers Shields and SHOTR crits are lovely, and you get more SHOTR out in that burst time with HA.

But to be more on topic, it's 25% each time, so it's a 1 in 16 chance to get a proc off a proc, and a 1 in 64 to get a proc off a proc off a proc... Getting 2 seems rather common to myself as well but you crank out a LOT of SHOTR now relative to what you did before so, it appears wonderful and to be doing more than it should whereas in reality it's not quite the case.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-09-05 at 09:35 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    It can only Proc off of abilities which Consume Holy Power (so yes, TV, WoG, so on so forth).

It CAN proc off of an ability already using the Divine Purpose effect as well.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    It seems (from a Holy perspective at least) that it procs a lot more than 25%. I was playing around with it and WoG yesterday on live and it seemed like once it procced it would more often than not proc two, three or even four times in a row. Now, RNG is RNG I know, but the proc rate seemed too substantial to be just RNG. Not sure if there's a bug involved in there somewhere.
    25% is substantial. Think of it like having 25% crit. How many times do you see several crits in a row? Pretty often I'd think.