Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    lol u must have been one hilarious child
    oh yeah I had my moments, much embarrassment and laughter was had. :P

In retrospect I think the worst thing was when I cracked a really exclusive(and expensive) art piece at an art museum here, not sure how my mother managed to talk herself out of that, but she did!

- I also learned that you don't have a chance in hell to hit the target trying to fire an air-rifle like rambo fired his m60.
    First time I shot one, I was like 7 or so and we were sitting in the window on the 2nd floor of the house firing at a 25cmx25cm target down in the garden and I jumped up on the bed and shot my first shot from the hip like this.

The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    .... i should of kissed her!

Deleted
    Raphtheone, Actully just learnt a few things from your Reply. You seem like a reasonable and normal thinking person. O.o. On Mmo-Champion.O.o. Bricks was shat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    You and me both buddy!

Girls go out with complete arseholes and then complaint that all guys are assholes... Stupid female species. (not them all)
    And then we grow up and become women. Well, not all, I'm sure. I did the dating assholes thing when I was a teenager. Then I chose my husband based on him being a legitimately nice guy. They'll grow up, and if they don't they're drama queens who aren't worth it anyway.

Took me a few years to figure out that it was easier just to be myself rather than trying to be super nice to everyone, it means that to some people yeah I'm super nice, but to people who deserve it I am a complete jerk.

Oh and I genuinely did think James Bond was a real spy!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    To be honest though we had a few as well by now and none of us see the point of the best man having to plan it all. We all share the responsibilities.
    The only responsibility that rest on the best man is really to guide the dinner at the wedding.
    Well I've always had a really good toast prepared at least.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I didn't realize that the U.S Postal Service logo was an eagle until a few years ago.
    Heh, I wondered about it for years as a kid until I figured it out when it looked like:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the OP I used to think everyone was a christian(although unlike him I still am) and I used to think chocolate milk came from dark cows I found out when I was 13 and felt like a idiot lol.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to think the lyrics to that Offspring song, "Come Out and Play" were:

Drink your milk! You gotta keep 'em separated.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    The buttons are there to let the algorythm know that pedestrians need to cross the street and the walk signs are then adjusted from that.
    Pretty sure all the button does it tell the sign to let the pedestrian know when to cross the street, it doesn't hasten the change in light at all. Maybe in certain cities it does, but in most places I've been to I have witnessed no change in pressing the button and not pressing the button.

I didn't realize the first letter in the Disney logo was a D. That shit doesn't look like a D.

I'm sure I've more than a few of these but the one that stick in my mind the was figuring out that Christopher Columbus was not actually crazy for thinking the world was round. Ptolemy's cosmological design of the universe was based around the idea the the world was a perfect sphere and it was this design that was adopted by the Catholic Church. So he was not crazy ... they already knew the world was round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deusvult View Post
    Pretty sure all the button does it tell the sign to let the pedestrian know when to cross the street, it doesn't hasten the change in light at all. Maybe in certain cities it does, but in most places I've been to I have witnessed no change in pressing the button and not pressing the button.
    Idk where you are from, but if you don't press the button the pedestrian signs will still light up/turn on. If your town/city doesn't have an algorythm set up to change the traffic flow based on the pedestrians, then they wasted a lot of money just to get people to think that they will go somewhere faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    That I have terrible long term memory. Seriously, I can't remember shit from more than a year ago.
    EDIT: And like the OP, but opposite, I thought everyone was atheist. Well, I had no idea what atheism was, once I figured out what a religion was, I just called myself not religious. And no, I am not a christian now.

Idk where you are from, but if you don't press the button the pedestrian signs will still light up/turn on. If your town/city doesn't have an algorythm set up to change the traffic flow based on the pedestrians, then they wasted a lot of money just to get people to think that they will go somewhere faster.
    BTW it's spelled Algorithm, and you use it way to often to know what it means.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-08-30 at 06:58 PM.

I used to think adults were intelligent, rational human beings. They're just physically-bigger children.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I used to think anyone would have the common sense to believe in God, value standards and principles, and be loyal and fair in relationships.

Then I was shocked by the amount of atheists and liberals of my generation, and even more so by how cruel and unfaithful girls I meet are.
    yep, damn them liberal atheists, none of them value standards and principles, and none of them are loyal and fair in relationships. /angrily nodds

now that I'm done being sarcastic. up until a few years ago I though everyone valued knowledge and learning as much has I did, boy was I sadly mistaken.

also I Still cannot figure out why people think jack black or Monte python is funny. That stuff has never been funny to me but I though as I grew up I may understand it more. But I guess its just going ot be one of the things I never get.

Deleted
    It took me a while to figure out that the Easter Bunny wasn't for real!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    yep, damn them liberal atheists, none of them value standards and principles, and none of them are loyal and fair in relationships. /angrily nodds

now that I'm done being sarcastic. up until a few years ago I though everyone valued knowledge and learning as much has I did, boy was I sadly mistaken.

also I Still cannot figure out why people think jack black or Monte python is funny. That stuff has never been funny to me but I though as I grew up I may understand it more. But I guess its just going ot be one of the things I never get.
    Everybody has a unique funny bone. I for one love monty python.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    As a child we are actually programmed instinctualy to prefer starchy, salty, sweet, oily things because they're high in calories and as our bodies are growing, we need lots of calories. As our body passes full growth maturity, we no longer have a strong preference, and our taste buds begin to branch out.

Also, a lot of vegetables are bitter, and instinctualy our bodies know that poison is generally bitter. Although vegetables are not poisonous, our bodies think so until we condition ourselves otherwise.
    I disagree. Maybe I was just a weird kid, but I actually liked mushrooms, cabbage, and other vegetables. I found that one of the huge issues was food preparation. My parents always 'prepared' green beans by dumping them out of the can and heating it up. Maybe a bit of butter, maybe. I hated those until I was living with a GF who brought home some green beans her grandfather had made by cooking them with ham hocks. She brought home 5 1 gallon Ziplocs full of those. They didn't last the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusvult View Post
    I can vouch for this after living in one city where I sat at a traffic light for 11 minutes before having one of my passengers hop out and hit the button. Ten seconds or so later, the light changed. Could have been coincidence (no other cars from my direction or the opposite one), but I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal stairs have holes to reduce the cost/weight, not make them less slippery. They have ridges designed in them for that.

The buttons are there to let the algorythm know that pedestrians need to cross the street and the walk signs are then adjusted from that.
    Most intersections, that button doesnt do anything at all. Its just there to make people think they are in control, kind of like fake thermostats in office buildings. People think they are adjusting the temperature but they really arent changing anything.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2012-08-30 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when i was a kid i though that sex was something kids do... and is not something you do a lot in your life (well i started having sex when i was 12 :S), and also i though that if 1 person was mad at me for X or Y reason, i had to do something to change the thing that made him/her mad >.< (that's why i started having sex when i was 12).