Thread: Elemental 5.0.4

Elemental 5.0.4

With the new patch hitting, and us, shamans getting instant Lava Bursts, along with the removal of Feedback.. What exactly is our reforging priority now?
    Haste only seems to be benefiting Lightning Bolt, as Lava Burst is generally an instant cast most of the time. Would it be wise to reforge to a certain haste level to receive an extra tick on Flame shock, then go all out into Mastery?

What are your thoughts, and opinions?

Deleted
    I would say to just ignore reforges/gemming for the next 4 weeks. Our current reforges and gems should do us fine for the coming weeks.

So, stick with Haste>Mastery>Crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammoura View Post
    So, stick with Haste>Mastery>Crit?
    Mastery>= Haste > Crit I believe, though it is dependant on your gear.

So... There would be a certain haste level to go for, then go all out mastery?

Mastery was slightly above haste since T13 came out. The 4PC T13 pushes mastery slightly above haste.

The only thing you could reforge around with at this time would be extra spirit/hit to more mastery/haste. Since the cap is now 15%.
    Last edited by kw405; 2012-08-30 at 07:03 PM.

Just stay current reforge it will be fine for the meaningless 4 weeks before MOP.

On a side note I can't wait to get rid of T13 4set.
    Hi Sephurik

Thanks for your input guys. Seem like I'm sticking with my previous reforge,

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you update for hit rating at least; 15% hit cap now rather than 17%. Also, Crit is no longer the devil, so that's nice too.

newbie questions here and I hope I'm missing something.
    Regarding 5.04 elemental shaman:
    I'm looking at my crit chance drop by 10% from 22% (with old totems down pre 5.04) to 12% currently. With no buff that I can see to increase it?
    No idea of the maths but losing 10% crit chance seems to be pretty harsh while gaining 5% haste from elemental oath.
    Also appreciate that we may gain other buffs such as Ancestral Swiftness giving a further 5% haste buff but that means losing elemental mastery.

So I'll be happy if someone wouldn't mind explaining how the changes have worked. All I can see is that instead of 22% crit and 18% haste I now have 12% crit and 28% haste while losing elemental mastery.

Is this a case of reforging haste to crit to provide some stat balance? Is there supposed to be a raid wide crit buff that grants crit or something?

I've no idea of the damage implications but on the surface having a 12% crit chance when elemental shaman get a bonus 50% to the base 200% crit seems pathetic

My crit chance dropped by 8%, 5 from old Elemental Oath, which provides spell haste now; 3 from first tier of old elemental talents. You don't lose those 5% in raid, as other classes provide it. But I don't know where your other 2% have gone, perhaps you lost so much intellect it actually makes this difference?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

ty for your reply Faeglendir and you're right, it's only 8%. I think 22% or more was with food, pots, buffs etc.
    It was still a shock to see the crit drop so much. Pretty demoralising (in my case) to only crit 10% of the time from casting 650 lightning bolts in an lfr earlier today.
    My gear isn't great, mainly 397.

For Cata the argument could be made for both Haste -> Mastery -> Crit and Mastery -> Haste -> Crit

In MoP it will definitely be Mastery -> Haste -> Crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    For Cata the argument could be made for both Haste -> Mastery -> Crit and Mastery -> Haste -> Crit

In MoP it will definitely be Mastery -> Haste -> Crit
    It cata it was accepted that haste and mastery were about equal, but in t13 4 set and with the legendary staff, mastery surpassed haste.

In mists, well I hate to say you're wrong, but you're wrong. There will be no set "stat weights" for mists as stat weights will be vary depending on your talent set up. As an example, if you pick Primal Elementalist well mastery definitely isn't going to be your top stat seeing as elementals gain absolutely nothing from your mastery last I checked. And with the buff to crit, crit isn't nearly as dead as that. Infact I'm sure it was mentioned several places that crit is a good contender for our second highest stat and in some cases, possibly our best secondary stat. Though, until numbers are finalised it's hard to make any claims about stat weights at this point.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2012-08-31 at 12:52 PM.

(elem) ... atm i'm looking at 46%mastery rating (lev85) ... is mastery > haste really the way forwards? What about crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    There will be no set "stat weights" for mists as stat weights will be vary depending on your talent set up. As an example, if you pick Primal Elementalist well mastery definitely isn't going to be your top stat seeing as elementals gain absolutely nothing from your mastery last I checked.
    They don't, but they DO benefit from Crit. And, given the other boosts to Crit we've received, the last time I saw numbers, it had Elemental Shaman with Primal Elementalist with Crit as their top stat, over Haste and Mastery.

You can't translate Cata-era assumptions forward. Our rotation LOOKS similar, but a ton has changed under the hood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They don't, but they DO benefit from Crit. And, given the other boosts to Crit we've received, the last time I saw numbers, it had Elemental Shaman with Primal Elementalist with Crit as their top stat, over Haste and Mastery.

You can't translate Cata-era assumptions forward. Our rotation LOOKS similar, but a ton has changed under the hood.
    I guess I could have expanded my post a wee bit but this is essentially what I meant, especially in regards to crit. What many people have missed is that all pets now scale with pretty much all of the casters stats, including haste and crit (Though I believe Searing totem may still not, confirmation Endus/someone?). It is as you said. A lot has changed under hood and when people realise exactly what that means, they will understand exactly why stat weights are not as clear cut as they seem to think they will be come mists.