Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    world's most elite fighting force.
    The Seals are now the world's most elite fighting force? Don't make me laugh, there are quite a few better. British SAS to name but one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    But news said Bin Laden died long time ago. How could they kill him for second time?

------------------------\
    That's Fox news.

That's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Or he actually died in the raid that you all read and heard about (which is most likely). Tin foil hats look sexy-as-fuck.
    Uhh...

"or the gov just won't release how it really went down and that's that."

I believe those were my words.

Never said he wasn't killed in the raid. Just saying he could have been killed sooner than what was said, or they just don't wana say how the raid went down. L2read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The Seals are now the world's most elite fighting force? Don't make me laugh, there are quite a few better. British SAS to name but one.
    Tier 6 operators are regarded as among the best in the world.

Arm chair operators can spend hours on end debating the merits of which unit is the best, but I'll wager that the SEALs are superior simply because of their exposure, experience and funding. That's the only real data that we can compare to say who is better.

Arm chair operators can spend hours on end debating the merits of which unit is the best, but I'll wager that the SEALs are superior simply because of their exposure, experience and funding. That's the only real data that we can compare to say who is better.
    Er, experience in dealing with home terrorism, because thats what the SAS spent the last 20years dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Er, experience in dealing with home terrorism, because thats what the SAS spent the last 20years dealing with.
    You want to relate the IRA to the Taliban? Moving along...

Deleted
    Was bin laden really the person to kill for the 9/11?
    I don't think so, i'd blame ur goverment for everything that happend that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doompony View Post
    Was bin laden really the person to kill for the 9/11?
    I don't think so, i'd blame ur goverment for everything that happend that day.
    In the sense that they didn't do enough to catch the plot before hand, or...?
    Wiping is Fun! ™

You want to relate the IRA to the Taliban? Moving along...
    Sorry, I thought this was agoing to be based on facts, not fanboyism.

Deleted
    Who cares, the fucker's dead. If he wasn't Al Quaeda would never have admitted he was.

Also guys most elite fighting force in the world is the French foreign legion, followed by the SAS. Silly yanks.

Sorry, I thought this was agoing to be based on facts, not fanboyism.
    You sure you didn't mean to say:

Sorry, I thought this was agoing to be based on fanboyism, not facts.

Because you're comparing the IRA (which has something like 10k members) to the Taliban/al Qaeda (which has something in the neighborhood of 100k members), and the SAS to the SEALs. Without any real figures on their budgets, one Naval air craft carrier has more funding support than the entire combined military force of England. You do the math on who has the better financial support.

I'm sure this is based on something other than a general distaste for the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Or he actually died in the raid that you all read and heard about (which is most likely). Tin foil hats look sexy-as-fuck.
    Yep that's my thought too. Theres enough blood on the floor of the bedroom to suggest the Seal account is accurate. Plus his wives all survived and they've confirmed he was killed. The bit that confirmed it for me was the satellite photo of the exact copy of the Pakistan compound they built in the US to do the training for the raid. They wouldn't have gone to such lengths if the entire thing was staged.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we all agree that many western states have forces that can fuck your shit up.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Deleted
    Exposure - as a SF soldier is the last thing they want.
    Experience - it has been reported that during CRW training each (SAS*) soldier expends as many as 100,000 pistol rounds. (and they re-train every 16 months)
    in all reality there is no way to say which is the better SF operator. However when was the last SAS mission you heard of either good or Bad ?

Anyway, it would be more accurate to compare SEALS against SBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    How about we all agree that many western states have forces that can fuck your shit up.
    I shall happily concur with this. I don't desire the elite troops from any nation on my ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tinykong - my Dad's shed is bigger than your Dad's!

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Exposure - as a SF soldier is the last thing they want.
    Experience - it has been reported that during CRW training each (SAS*) soldier expends as many as 100,000 pistol rounds. (and they re-train every 16 months)
    in all reality there is no way to say which is the better SF operator. However when was the last SAS mission you heard of either good or Bad ?

I used the word exposure to convey the idea of actually engaging in conflict, not just training, as it relates to experience. There is no standard that says "This guy is better than that guy" in this argument. The facts remain: the SEALs have more funding (most likely) and more experience. Whether or not that makes them "better" is personal opinion, nothing more.

I think it would be most accurate to say that none of us knows the SF groups well enough to say which is best. And those that do know which is best are probably laughing at the discussion but cant say anything because you arent supposed to talk about the goings on of SF's.