Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVP and thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    PVP and thats about it.
    And dungeons. And events. And exploration. And achievements. And titles. And world bosses. And crafting. And PvP too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    And dungeons. And events. And exploration. And achievements. And titles. And world bosses. And crafting. And PvP too I guess.
    Almost like it's... the entire game!

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    GW2 is a massive game with a massive budget they need lots of people buy the game and buying stuff from the store to keep operating unlike those older games that who stay operating because they have a TINY dev team that keeps the pulse going .
    Name a single MMO that is or was successful that did not have raiding as the end game ???
    Guild Wars 2 has already paid for its budget, But okay, let's humor you.

In the western market? Ultima Online. EVE online. Guild Wars 1, those three show up at the top of my head, and I dare you to go to EVE players and say their game failed or is dead.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Admittedly, EVE doesn't have an endgame because no one actually played long enough to reach it. :P

I kid, I kid. EVE Online is a sandbox game at heart (as opposed to most other MMOs). It's also a very good social darwinism simulator. I played it, I loved it, I absolutely do not want to play it again. Talk about a game that sucks you in.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Crazy how many people are lvl80 already, do people not have jobs or something? I've put in a fair few hours and am only lvl25.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Crazy how many people are lvl80 already, do people not have jobs or something? I've put in a fair few hours and am only lvl25.
    That's the thing, I bet almost no one in this thread is level 80. I'm level 40 myself, so I'm going off beta impressions and previous games mostly. People are saying there is no end-game when no one has even reached end-game yet. Notice how there are no youtube videos showing how to kill Zhaitan yet? Because no one has gotten to Zhaitan yet.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 12:20 PM ----------

Endgame.

Mostly focused on Dynamic Events in Orr, which are vastly different and superior from events in the rest of the game. This isn't sitting around until something happens, this is shit hitting the fan ALL OVER THE PLACE and you needing to hold your ground along with the rest of the guild wars army.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hard to reach level 80 if you play regularly. People with headstart access had two whole weekends to do it, and I know many people also got Paid Time-Off to also play through Monday.

Now it's Friday. Sure, they've likely had to go to work by now, but that's still plenty of hours.

More OT:
    the silent majority of players prefer to enjoy the levelling content. It's a vocal "internet champion" minority who feel the need to rush to the max level and then complain about how there's no content. In reality what they're doing is bragging about how quickly they levelled, but trying to hide it in complaints.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 04:25 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Caldeon forest has 3
    Thought there were only 2, unless you're counting the rock spiral and nightmare court cave as seperate ones?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not hard to reach level 80 if you play regularly. People with headstart access had two whole weekends to do it, and I know many people also got Paid Time-Off to also play through Monday.

Now it's Friday. Sure, they've likely had to go to work by now, but that's still plenty of hours.

More OT:
    I've had headstart too, which started last saturday, so less than a week. The ammount of time people must have put in during that week must be crazy.

Between work and sleep, there really is not enough hours in a day.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-08-31 at 05:13 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had headstart too, which started last saturday, so less than a week. The ammount of time people must have put in during that week must be crazy.

Between work and sleep, there really is not enough hours in a day.
    There's enough if you really push for it. I'll admit it's a little crazy, and kinda against the intent of the game's design, but it's possible. It's a minority who are at 80, I believe.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm disappointed in OP, it should have took you like 5 minutes to realize that there is no endgame. If there was they would have advertised it to death. It's fine to me though. Not every game that comes out is designed for me, but it'd sure be nice if I could get just one.

Explore! You may find some fun things, like unfinished areas ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eCgpi45NDM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I'm disappointed in OP, it should have took you like 5 minutes to realize that there is no endgame. If there was they would have advertised it to death. It's fine to me though. Not every game that comes out is designed for me, but it'd sure be nice if I could get just one.
    Dontain says hi from Orr.

That's not endgame. That's an event. Do it once and you're done. Essentially that's a quest. It's fine if that's how the game is designed but I have no interest in a game if there isn't much of anything to do after you're max level. I really prefer the "carrot on a stick" design.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not endgame. That's an event. Do it once and you're done. Essentially that's a quest. It's fine if that's how the game is designed but I have no interest in a game if there isn't much of anything to do after you're max level. I really prefer the "carrot on a stick" design.
    No, I'm not talking about the one event he showed in the video. Listen to what he's actually saying. The entirety of Orr is one big massive mind-fucking world raid, spread across three zones, comprised of thousands of events, with big-bad mobs that are NOT easy to kill in the slightest as they wield actual raid mechanics. And all of these areas in Orr can be pushed back by the mobs so that they take control of everything, forcing the players to fight through it all.

Every event associated there rewards gold and karma, and then if you have control of a god temple, a karma vendor will show up there with ridiculously amazing gear, sold for thousands of karma. Either each vendor in the different god temples have different stat allocations, or they have different gear models. No idea yet.

THAT is endgame.

(for the record, no, events are not "do it once and you're done" - that's heart tasks you're thinking of)
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 06:34 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmad View Post
    I hit 80 after 66 hours, and barely have 39% map completion. then there is the legendary weapons for me to get. then there is the miniature pets to collect. then there is the achievements to get. then there's the dungeons in both modes to complete. then there's the armor and weapons from dungeon vendors to obtain, then there is the.. you know what.. there's too much to do!!!
    is it a GW2 description or Catacysm?

No, I'm not talking about the one event he showed in the video. Listen to what he's actually saying. The entirety of Orr is one big massive mind-fucking world raid, spread across three zones, comprised of thousands of events, with big-bad mobs that are NOT easy to kill in the slightest as they wield actual raid mechanics. And all of these areas in Orr can be pushed back by the mobs so that they take control of everything, forcing the players to fight through it all.

Every event associated there rewards gold and karma, and then if you have control of a god temple, a karma vendor will show up there with ridiculously amazing gear, sold for thousands of karma. Either each vendor in the different god temples have different stat allocations, or they have different gear models. No idea yet.

THAT is endgame.

(for the record, no, events are not "do it once and you're done" - that's heart tasks you're thinking of)
    Do events scale based on the number of players you have? Still doesn't look like it'd take much more than a couple of weeks to do with a good group though seeing as the design of GW2 is to be simple, I can't imagine anything really complex in the game. GW2 doesn't have a sub fee so I guess it's not appropriate to expect much more. Endgame to me is something I could be spending months on and am not guaranteed to kill/defeat/clear. Unfortunately as of late, there hasn't really been much of any endgame in any MMO that I've seen.

I would also add that they can't really put in true endgame because of the clunky controls of the game. I've heard a lot of people say you were 'walking through mud' in the game.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2012-08-31 at 08:31 PM.

I would also add that they can't really put in true endgame because of the clunky controls of the game. I've heard a lot of people say you were 'walking through mud' in the game.
    While "walking through mud" is a bit of an exaggeration, there is something that's not quite right. Even with the camera speed maxed out and whatever other settings are available, it's just off. There's not the same tightness of character/camera responsiveness that people might be used to in other games, but it surely doesn't ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Almost like it's... the entire game!

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:43 AM ----------

Guild Wars 2 has already paid for its budget, But okay, let's humor you.

In the western market? Ultima Online. EVE online. Guild Wars 1, those three show up at the top of my head, and I dare you to go to EVE players and say their game failed or is dead.
    Funny thing that from the 4 mmo I loved- WoW, GW1, Eve and GW2, 3 are without the traditional raiding end game system. heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do events scale based on the number of players you have?
    =\

You're asking that? The answer has been "yes" for years now.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 04:40 PM ----------

Still doesn't look like it'd take much more than a couple of weeks to do with a good group though
    Same is true of WoW. The difference is that it's hard to get that good group in WoW, due to how exclusive the content is.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 04:41 PM ----------

The controls aren't clunky. Everything so far has felt very fluid and fast-paced in actual gameplay. The "walking through mud" feel just refers to how painfully slow characters seem to run, which I do think needs to be addressed.

The field of vision for the camera is a little small to be sure, but that's not how people use the word "clunky" O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 09:42 PM.