Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Friend of mine bought from russian resellers
    http://plati.ru/asp/list.asp?id_f=22086#22087
    It seems there are some resellers who got the keys
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2012-09-04 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you rage because the game is sold out now, you had plenty of time to pre order it...

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Sounds like completely dick move to cover failure of tech side. How is telling customers "GTFO, we don't want you in our game" is caring? Do you, people, who are praising AN forget that new customers are customers too? This entire post is just PR-speak for "gee, we tried to buy cheap hardware and failed, now it will be your fault".
    Pretty sure WoW had a similar issue back way when at vanilla launch where they hadn't covered the demand, making getting hold of boxed copies tough for a while.

Difference is in the age of digital downloads, most poeple exepct a 'I want it, I want it now'.

Arenanet are caring about the customers they already have, by sorting out the demands on their servers with the current customer base, rather than going for the big dollars which they could do.

Kudos to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you rage because the game is sold out now, you had plenty of time to pre order it...
    I'm not raging, and I know about pre-ordering thanks. It's just that I didn't know I would be bored of WoW and wanted to get into a new game, I can be patient no problem with that, I just want to know approx how many time I'm going to wait.

You guys see rage everywhere nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaul View Post
    I'm not raging, and I know about pre-ordering thanks. It's just that I didn't know I would be bored of WoW and wanted to get into a new game, I can be patient no problem with that, I just want to know approx how many time I'm going to wait.

You guys see rage everywhere nowadays.
    If you want it as soon as possible, your best bet is getting hold of a retail version, box or digital, and buy it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    No, they don't. They are sane customers, not mindless fanbois that swallow everything the gods of gaming throw at them. So a sane customer thinks like this "I paid for it, I want to PLAY". Not wait 1 hour, not wait 30 minutes. If I buy I game, and I'm so fucking excited about it that I only think about it all day, when I come home from work I don't want to be put in a fucking queue until all the younglings that are destroying their future by playing all day instead of doing some homeworks go to sleep or slip into a coma.

What Bioware should have done is to just close the damn extra servers down and do the merge before everyone was sick of it. Or at least have some ubercomplicated features like character transfer. How the fuck can a AAAAAAAA company release an allegedly AAAAAAAAAA MMORPG that supposedly cost like 9823592937593795 billion dollars and not have a fucking character transfer service is just UNIMAGINABLE.
    Keep telling yourself that. All MMO communities are nothing but fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by jna View Post
    lol rlx man.. I'm not raging too. But yeah if I had a crystal ball to tell me they could stop the sales temporarily. It's not everyday we see companies caring so much about the customers at this level , this really impresses me.. then I can understand.
    I remember when I could buy Diablo 3 at the day 1 and I did it, even being unable to play later hehehe. error 37 anyone? After that was a festival of errors 300008, 3006, 3007, 3005, 3003, 316704.. getting kicked out of the game every 5mins, then every 30m... for some weeks. Yeah, I know every game comes with bugs, but that was really not fun.
    Diablo 3 launch still amazes me, the game was extremely annoying because of the lag I experienced (500ms + spikes), vs under 200 ms in WoW in the same period). So any positive qualities besides cool cinematics the game might have was completely missed by me, unfortunately. I don't think I will touch it again because my lag experience was so bad I can't remember having fun witht the gameplay. On the other hand, the lag spikes in GW 2 also annoy me very much, but at least they only last those 5-10 seconds and only happen every 4-5 minutes or so, in between my experience is flawless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look like direct digital is available again.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 02:35 PM ----------

Here is the announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...ses-new-video/
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-10 at 07:35 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.