Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resperina View Post
    Is the new 2h heirloom staff better than two heirloom maces for Monk leveling?
    Just down to preference mate. I got the maces and the new staff ready for my Monk so I will just be using whatever I feel like for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Last I heard, it was Brewmasters = 2H, Windwalkers = dual wield.

Either that or you can choose what you do. I'm going 2 hander, purely because I hate the endless MISS MISS DODGE MISS MISS PARRY PARRY MISS DODGE MISS bullshit.
    why do people simply regurgitate stuff that has been proven wrong? DW vs 2h is equal for both WW and BM monks. They want it to be a preference thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    So WW Monks are perfectly viable with Staves while levelling? I bought the Heirloom Staff on a whim yesterday, forgetting that Monks could also dual wield. After the fact I realized that maybe Staves/Polearms were for tanking monks.

For 2h vs 1h you lose 5 agility via enchants. If you really care about min maxing while leveling, you'd have a staff with fiery or life stealing for the first 10 levels.
    DW maces with proc enchants for the next 10 then either set with passive agility until level 71. Followed by 2 axes from level 71-80.

That said, if you aren't rafing, then you probably aren't one of those people who are trying to rush out and get full bis pre raid by the end of the first week.

As for leveling spec. Brewmaster (in tiger stance) in my opinion is much much stronger than windwalker. You gain so much survivability for a very small amount of damage. Which if you're aoe pulling is completely negated through vengeance. Even the mastery for windwalker spec isn't strong. The only way it is somewhat useful leveling atm is for the extra healing you occasionally get from blackout kick, and if you're relying on random procs like that when leveling then you're going to HATE how often you die once you reach mop zones (specifically bunny caves in valley)

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    So WW Monks are perfectly viable with Staves while levelling? I bought the Heirloom Staff on a whim yesterday, forgetting that Monks could also dual wield. After the fact I realized that maybe Staves/Polearms were for tanking monks.
    even the most recent testing say at 90 its preference. The changed the proc percentage to even out tiger strikes between the 2. A guy i saw testing it did over 15 3 minute tests with each setup and had almost 0 difference overall. RNG made a larger difference then his weapon choice.

So for that i will go staff/polearm seeing how only druids will want them and as far as DW you got to fight rogues and shamans for them on top of need 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    well if the polearm wasn't 3500 justice points, i'd buy it, but as i already have 2xheirloom maces (which i've had since wotlk) i'm just gonna go dual wield.
    I`ve heard people saying on MOP all points get converted to gold, justice honor valor conquest..so no real point in not buying right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    For 2h vs 1h you lose 5 agility via enchants. If you really care about min maxing while leveling, you'd have a staff with fiery or life stealing for the first 10 levels.
    DW maces with proc enchants for the next 10 then either set with passive agility until level 71. Followed by 2 axes from level 71-80.

That said, if you aren't rafing, then you probably aren't one of those people who are trying to rush out and get full bis pre raid by the end of the first week.

As for leveling spec. Brewmaster (in tiger stance) in my opinion is much much stronger than windwalker. You gain so much survivability for a very small amount of damage. Which if you're aoe pulling is completely negated through vengeance. Even the mastery for windwalker spec isn't strong. The only way it is somewhat useful leveling atm is for the extra healing you occasionally get from blackout kick, and if you're relying on random procs like that when leveling then you're going to HATE how often you die once you reach mop zones (specifically bunny caves in valley)
    What two axes? last I checked there wasn't any heriloom axes.

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    What two axes? last I checked there wasn't any heriloom axes.
    hes talking the BOA archy axe from northrend. its 298 DPS where as the heirloom mace at level 80 is only 180.

Looking at that i guess i will be trying to find one until MOP hits (i hates this proff)

I wouldn't bother getting the axe if you don't have it yet. This quest Continue Your Training: Master Hsu is the level 80 monk training quest. Yeah, the reward is a 2 hander, but it's pretty good for level 80. Those 3 are actually among the top polearms for level 80 now. It's basically on par with the polearm that BQL drops in 25N ICC. Easier to do that than spend time doing arch for something you might not get, and would replace quickly in hyjal anyways.

the axe is level 71... so that is 9 levels of OPness...

that mastery expertise one looks a bit nicer then the crit one TBH... expertise when leveling is never bad.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:00 AM ----------

Did they up the chance to get rares with archy??? i did 5 solves on the Vrykul and got both the horn that makes you big and the axe
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-09-01 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    the axe is level 71... so that is 9 levels of OPness...
    It's actually only for 71-76. Cata greens beat it quite handily.

I have one Arch axe, really not concerned with levelling Arch on another character to improve on an already-good offhand for that short a time.

Well if DW or 2H pull similar numbers, then you could make a decision based on which (Two maces or Staff) has more stats at any given level.

But thank you for mentioning the staff now, as I am going to purchase it briefly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on RAF level gifting a monk to 80, which makes BoA weapon choices superfluous. I really wish they'd raise the freaking cap on that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I plan on RAF level gifting a monk to 80, which makes BoA weapon choices superfluous. I really wish they'd raise the freaking cap on that crap.
    i wish they wouldn't allow RAF with monks... maybe 3-4 people who RAF their monks will not be 100% terrible.