the best MOP unholy PvP setup

This setup is the best because it is reasonably good for any kind of PvP, 2v2, 3v3, random BGs and duels.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#kFT|mMV

Stat priority is strengh, pvp power, mastery, crit, haste - dont even think about haste in mop, you will have at most 50-60% uptime, most of the haste goes wasted while spells affected by mastery got massively buffed plus soulreaper is shadow damage

TALENTS:

UB - only posible variation is rollingblood ONLY for rated BGs AOE heavy setup
    LB - only choice
    DA - i love chillblains so much, but this is clearly superior for unholy after a lot of testing against each other
    DP - only choice
    BT - only choice
    RW - you may get this off 50% of the time being pesimistic (use AMS, STRAN, GNAW to pull it off) and is alright, but when you get the full 6s stun is nearly a dead's sentence coupled with soulreaper, so is the best talent overall

GLYPHS:

Death Grip - the extra 5y is gamebreaking, i know it sounds dull but it is, try it yourself, it makes a massive difference at the time to finish off a escaping oponent (is a shame this must be replaced by diseases glyph in arenas)

Icebound Fort - a must, for both offense and defense

Death & Decay - a must too, for specs that get out of snares constantly, to group peel, to escape

The only alternative glyph is icytouch dispel which is a no no without chillblains snare, definetely a no go.

I think unholy DOT damage is going to be nerfed, our dots hit harder than lock ones lol considering Blizzard is on a crusade to end multodotting.

Toughs?

It will be interesting to see if Desecrated ground triggers your pvp trinket. If it doesn't it will be extremely powerful.

IBF (Glyphed) = 1.5 min CD stun break
    LB = 2 min Charm/Fear/Sleep break
    Descecrated Ground = 2 min CD Loss of Control break
    PvP Trinket = 2 min CD Everything break

Throw AMSing CCs and Death's Advance into the mix to form an unstoppable killing machine.

It will be interesting to see if Desecrated ground triggers your pvp trinket. If it doesn't it will be extremely powerful.
    It doesnt.

Is a very good talent, but there is a point where you have enough anti-CC and need some CC to land kills with mop insane levels of defense for every single spec

Man, i'm sorry but the only two glyphs that are nearly mandatory are Glyph of Icy Touch (OP in arenas) and Glyph of AMS.

And Blood Tap is REALLY not the only choice for Unholy. The best for Unholy is Runic Corruption. Blood Tap needs micromanage... it's a good choice but needs babysit.

For frost u can choose RE, RC or BT, depending on play style and laziness.

Deah & Decay glyph is meh. On RBG and arenas (3v3) u will have a partner who will slow ur enemy.. u already have death's advance for mobility (and Death Grip, and Chains of Ice..).

Quote Originally Posted by drivertz View Post
    MAnd Blood Tap is REALLY not the only choice for Unholy. The best for Unholy is Runic Corruption. Blood Tap needs micromanage... it's a good choice but needs babysit.

For frost u can choose RE, RC or BT, depending on play style and laziness.
    If you get a BT proc and enemy escapes you - you can use it when you'll actually benefit from it, you can't 'waste' the procs.
    If you get RC proc and enemy escapes you - you potentially get runes you can't use (and which would regen on their own) - this is potentially a wasted proc.
    Same with RE.

BT is the only one that give you flexibility in choosing when to use the procs, which in PvP is the key, where you have small window to burst down targets. You can build up your BT stacks and then burn them on the target during your CDs/CC or whatever..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    If you get a BT proc and enemy escapes you - you can use it when you'll actually benefit from it, you can't 'waste' the procs.
    If you get RC proc and enemy escapes you - you potentially get runes you can't use (and which would regen on their own) - this is potentially a wasted proc.
    Same with RE.

BT is the only one that give you flexibility in choosing when to use the procs, which in PvP is the key, where you have small window to burst down targets. You can build up your BT stacks and then burn them on the target during your CDs/CC or whatever..
    Yeah I agree that on High Ranked PvP Blood Tap is the best choice. No doubts here. But requires good micromanage..

Man, i'm sorry but the only two glyphs that are nearly mandatory are Glyph of Icy Touch (OP in arenas) and Glyph of AMS.
    glyph of icy touch is not even usable as unholy, it is mandatory for frost.

You dont have enough frost runes to keep a target snared and use IT no way, the deathrunes go for necrotics, you cant rely on a partner to keep a target 100% snared, that just doesnt happen, are you aware of the number of trash buffs everyone (except mages) have? you wont dispel anything meaningful most of the time.

Glyph of AMS is PvE, you never pick this in PvP considering the other choices.

Glyph of D&D is amazing, again you are quoting a partner keeping the entire oposing team slowed as your reason -_- that just doesnt happen.

You need to do some testing instead of theorycrafting.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-31 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    glyph of icy touch is not even usable as unholy, it is mandatory for frost.

You dont have enough frost runes to keep a target snared and use IT no way, the deathrunes go for necrotics, you cant rely on a partner to keep a target 100% snared, that just doesnt happen, are you aware of the number of trash buffs everyone (except mages) have? you wont dispel anything meaningful most of the time.

Glyph of AMS is PvE, you never pick this in PvP considering the other choices.

Glyph of D&D is amazing, again you are quoting a partner keeping the entire oposing team slowed as your reason -_- that just doesnt happen.

You need to do some testing instead of theorycrafting.

Dispelling an Ice Barrier (who prevents 90k damage on level 90) isn't worh a Frost Rune? LoL
    Glyph of AMS is PVE?

Ok.. I have nothing to say here.
    Last edited by drivertz; 2012-08-31 at 03:28 PM.

I respectfully disagree with certain things in your post Darthades. I belive that the Dark Simulacrum glyph will be extremely important, especially in a competitive PvP environment as you're easily able to copy spells like Cyclone, Fear, Polymorph and obiously instant spells as well if you're good (or lucky) enough. Using Strangulate on a cast isn't too hard either becuase most healers won't bother faking that, so the Glyph of Strangulate is definetely good. I'm still not sure about the Icy Touch glyph, removing BoP, Sac's, Freedoms etc can be very important. Obviously there is an issues with this, we're not able to spam it too much as it costs runes and if the enemy has several buffs up it'll simply be stupid to attempt to do anything. Icebound might be good, I might actually replace the Icy Touch glyph for it, not too sure yet. Sure we'll have a stun-remover on a 1,5 min CD's, but if melee's are powerful enough in MoP we might need 12 seconds of damage reduction. We'll see about that. The Death and Decay and Death Grip glyphs seem to be rather useless to me. If I'll stay with Corruption or Blood Tap I don't know. I do love Blood Tap as I'm able to get an instant Strangulate off while runes are on CD.

Now to the DoT damage part. A while ago I made a thread on the EU forums about how Unholy was bad in RBG's due to the bad AoE damage. Maybe they listened, maybe they didn't, but finally the diseases actually so something good. They use to be awesome in WotLK but Cataclysm totally reduced the damage.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2012-08-31 at 03:35 PM.