1. #2001
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I'll guide you step by step.

    Before starting the encounter:

    - Put glyph of health funnel
    - archimondes darkness instead of KJC
    - Use drums of kings, and have drums of rage ready
    - Use a soul shard
    - Use voidwalker shield (pet shield dmg reduction shield, that also does dmg on boss)
    - Use Twillight shield
    - Wait for your shard to regen while having all of the above, pré pot, and pull.
    - Dark Soul and Hero, haunt and soul swap (with the shard you had used earlier). In this order, because haunt needs to hit first in order to the void get shield from leech.
    - Refresh dots when you see needed
    - When your pet is about to die or has 50% life, use SB:HF on it
    - Try to keep haunt up for the entire time of extremely buffed dots and use your second charge of DS as long as your first ends.

    This a win/win unless you mess up or has something really bad going on (lag, ilvl, dalaran ring :P)
    thanks, works like a charm xD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi again , now my problem is with spine of deathwing.
    no matter where i stand, deathwing keeps rolling all the time. I guess that is because i am the only one there and there is no "center", i think that spine has a line in the center and the computer counts the people on the rigth of this line and the people on the left , if the number is the same with a margin doesn't roll.
    but soloing i am always the only one in one side and no one in the the other side, and because of that the boss keep rolling all the time.
    is this true? this boss can be solo or i have to ask one friend to stop rolling.

  2. #2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    thanks, works like a charm xD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi again , now my problem is with spine of deathwing.
    no matter where i stand, deathwing keeps rolling all the time. I guess that is because i am the only one there and there is no "center", i think that spine has a line in the center and the computer counts the people on the rigth of this line and the people on the left , if the number is the same with a margin doesn't roll.
    but soloing i am always the only one in one side and no one in the the other side, and because of that the boss keep rolling all the time.
    is this true? this boss can be solo or i have to ask one friend to stop rolling.
    The bosscan be soloed, you just need to switch sides every 5 seconds, o the boss won't roll. Or you can stand on the tentacle's spawn spot
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

  3. #2003
    Deleted
    Has any1 tried soloing Majordomo 10 m Heroic? I was trying to find a way to get him into the scorpion phase, but couldn't find a way, nor were there any bugs... Are there any present?

  4. #2004
    ofc you cant, unless you multibox him.
    Besides he hits incredibly hard, especially your pet will die in seconds, so gl trying to kill him alone :P

  5. #2005
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    The bosscan be soloed, you just need to switch sides every 5 seconds, o the boss won't roll. Or you can stand on the tentacle's spawn spot
    you can not stand on the tentacle's spawn spot because it will cause that all Hideous Amalgamations fly. then you can not blow the Deathwing's armor plates. or is there some way to do it.
    switching side every 5 seconds doesn't fell ok... there is no indication or addon that tells you the side or the time besides countdown from deadly boss mod

  6. #2006
    It can be soloed, but it's retarded for what it gives.

    Just ask a friend or two and have them hold the lock for you afterwards.

  7. #2007
    Deleted
    I've tried Majordomo for a long time as Demonology with the felguard tanking and bursting as hard as possible(I don't like Affliction) and as Destruction kiting and using embers only to heal basically - to no avail.
    Then I tried draintanking him as Dark Apo Demo and oneshot him on normal(578 gear, no optimization towards Dark Apo or Drain Life). I'm guessing that if it's possible to solo heroic, it would be easiest to try draintanking.

  8. #2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    you can not stand on the tentacle's spawn spot because it will cause that all Hideous Amalgamations fly. then you can not blow the Deathwing's armor plates. or is there some way to do it.
    switching side every 5 seconds doesn't fell ok... there is no indication or addon that tells you the side or the time besides countdown from deadly boss mod
    That's really all you can go off of. You have to let DBM do the fight for you and make sure you don't forget to kill the tentacles periodically so you don't get gripped.

    Given that they're going to make the blazing drake part of the emerald drake achievement I can see a few of the fights getting some nerfs to make it so anyone can kill them. Ultraxion, probably lower the damage that isn't being split anymore, and spine, probably make it so you have to /tickle him on one of the sides to get him to roll.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

  9. #2009
    off top or not , but atm i got "Dominance" buff like korean/Chinese have , good chance to down few bosses!
    EDIT >> disappered after few minutes
    Last edited by Murderr; 2014-08-29 at 06:16 PM.

  10. #2010
    Deleted
    Majordomo is possible to solo in absolute bis gear in destro and if you get really lucky with black blood procs(better than the totem cuz of the burst and the absorb it gets for the pet+heal). What i've done, to so far get to 15%, is to reset the immersius icd so it procs 15-20 secs into the fight when you have 100% damage buff. An essential is killing the copies instantly, or your pet is dead. 15% at around 40 stacks which is instant casting , therefore i could imagine it would be profitable to summon the imp and kite around for as long as you can, killing the copies.

  11. #2011
    The Insane Feali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cornelia Street
    Posts
    15,292
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    That's really all you can go off of. You have to let DBM do the fight for you and make sure you don't forget to kill the tentacles periodically so you don't get gripped.

    Given that they're going to make the blazing drake part of the emerald drake achievement I can see a few of the fights getting some nerfs to make it so anyone can kill them. Ultraxion, probably lower the damage that isn't being split anymore, and spine, probably make it so you have to /tickle him on one of the sides to get him to roll.
    Solution for Spine is easy: Never stop moving. No need for timers. Worked like a charm for me on beta.
    And for Ultraxion: with the 600% damage buff he'll never get to that phase.

  12. #2012
    Spine: Stand in blood spot until there's enough dead bloods out. Kill tentacle to spawn add. Drop add to 50%, pick up 9 bloods, kill add. Kill Tendon. Repeat. Easy as fuck.

  13. #2013
    Field Marshal Tulzurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Spine: Stand in blood spot until there's enough dead bloods out. Kill tentacle to spawn add. Drop add to 50%, pick up 9 bloods, kill add. Kill Tendon. Repeat. Easy as fuck.
    Exactly. I've been soloing this for weeks now when I started to try soloing some content in the lull before WoD. I've also been able to solo Majordomo Staghelm, but it was only once with a good amount of luck as a 583 Destro lock. I've been trying to do it again, but you need some really good luck with procs.

  14. #2014
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulzurak View Post
    Exactly. I've been soloing this for weeks now when I started to try soloing some content in the lull before WoD. I've also been able to solo Majordomo Staghelm, but it was only once with a good amount of luck as a 583 Destro lock. I've been trying to do it again, but you need some really good luck with procs.
    We talking heroic majordomo? Normal is tough enough, heroic is harder than elegon i recon(haven't killed that yet either)

  15. #2015
    Didn't see it marked on the spreadsheet. Just soloed 25M normal Madness of Deathwing

    Easier than I thought it would be.

    581 Destro - Used drums of rage on last phase but probably doable without them
    Soul Leech
    Soul Link
    Supremacy Grimoire
    AD

    Went Red>Yellow>Green>Blue since damage taken wasn't an issue at all but doing enough before Cataclysm went off. Also this allowed me to DPS the tentacle to the right of the current one I was killing. Blistering tentacles were easy to deal with 350K~ hp a single immolate was all that was needed(Great ember generators once they are sub 20% not to mention Havoc). Used Doomguard on first tentacle(Red) and it was up by the time I hit last phase. Once in last phase F&B the most packed elementium fragments and finish the rest. Make sure you have enough embers for the Elementium Terrors and gg. Lasted 14 min 46 sec

    Small tip for anyone who wants to try this once he starts casting Cataclysm DPS the current tentacle to 3-5mil then move to the next tentacle(if not in range) and begin to DPS that tentacle. Once there are 15-20 sec left on the cast finish off the prior tentacle.
    Last edited by CrittenMitten; 2014-09-21 at 01:40 AM.

  16. #2016
    Just Solo'd ultraxion as destruction at 587 ilvl

    Got a really lucky lineup considering he crits like a bitch.
    Was face tanking him with pet sac voidwalker.
    1min 4 seconds usually i was wiping at 2-5mill at 1min 17 because of fading light
    was gonna try summing infernal so i could fade out but i killed him too fast for it.

    Used mortal coil and archimondes darkness preptten and opened with lust + berskering dark soul etc 4 seconds in.
    Used shadowbulwark and mortal coil when i was low and twilight ward then healhstoned to extend the amount of times i could use my embers to not heal.
    Was max hp when it faded then proceded to unending resolve after was lucking he was almost sub 20% when he did hour of twlight.

    Finished him off easy after that

    Forgot that i had unending glyph on it was 20% reduced only.

    His crits are really stupidly high sometimes

  17. #2017
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Just Solo'd ultraxion as destruction at 587 ilvl


    Not to ruin your parade, but this was done last tier.

  18. #2018
    Ultraxion can be easy/frustrating to solo. If lady luck is on your side and he decides not to crit your VLs face off its gg. Otherwise improvisation time!

  19. #2019
    The past couple weeks I've been soloing Ultraxion with little to no difficulty at 570 ilevel, destro. This week is different though. I used valor to upgrade a few pieces and now I'm stuck on him again, can't seem to get him past 15%. It feels like he's casting fading light a lot earlier than he should be. Normally I get him down before he gets his first fading light off, but I can't seem to push him anymore.

    Edit: It also seems that even if I use the ability to drop fading light, it still kills me when the duration expires. No idea why.

  20. #2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    The past couple weeks I've been soloing Ultraxion with little to no difficulty at 570 ilevel, destro. This week is different though. I used valor to upgrade a few pieces and now I'm stuck on him again, can't seem to get him past 15%. It feels like he's casting fading light a lot earlier than he should be. Normally I get him down before he gets his first fading light off, but I can't seem to push him anymore.

    Edit: It also seems that even if I use the ability to drop fading light, it still kills me when the duration expires. No idea why.
    It's a raid wipe mechanic. If everyone uses the Special Action button (leaving no one in the Twilight Realm) he goes Immune and wipes the raid. Since you're the only one there, using the Special Action button = wipe.

    As for soloing Majordomo/Spine, I simply got in pugs on OQ on an alt(s), killed up through those encounters and dropped group (make sure they're normal, not heroic). Now, every week I get on the alt, extend the lockout, invite a guildie, give them assist, log onto my 'lock, get invited to that raid group. Then I just log into the instances I want to farm on the alt, hop over to my 'lock, zone in, accept the lockout and farm mounts. I've even got 2 alts saved in DS, one at Ultraxion, and one at Madness. Makes my life easier than having to reclear every week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •