Page 24 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    It's actualy quite hard
    You can flat cast summon your Voidwalker each time he gets picked up for Mangle. Removes the Armor debuff, and makes the entire fight laughably easy.

Deleted
    oh lol i havent tried that xD good idea tho!

It's actualy quite hard
    Really? I actually found Magmaw to be an easier boss to solo as destro than some of the other cata bosses. Morchok has been the hardest one for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Really? I actually found Magmaw to be an easier boss to solo as destro than some of the other cata bosses. Morchok has been the hardest one for me so far.
    How does a destro lock even heal his pet through that kind of punishment? I found Magmaw to be one of the hardest hitting bosses in Cataclysm. Once I pulled him with my Voidwalker and he literally one shot him. With Weakness and Affliction healing it's not that much of a problem, but he hit a lot harder than the other tier 11 or tier 12 bosses, almost as hard as Yorsahj.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    How does a destro lock even heal his pet through that kind of punishment? I found Magmaw to be one of the hardest hitting bosses in Cataclysm. Once I pulled him with my Voidwalker and he literally one shot him. With Weakness and Affliction healing it's not that much of a problem, but he hit a lot harder than the other tier 11 or tier 12 bosses, almost as hard as Yorsahj.
    Well Soul Link helps a lot, adds my hp to my pets health basically and you can use twilight ward to absorb the damage coming in from soul link. Ember Tap is also Op on that fight =P

Deleted
    lol funny i find morchok one of the easiest to solo ^^ imo the hardest so far would be yor'sahj or warmaster blackhorn followed by magmaw. Morchok is just cake (even heroic isn't that hard)

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 08:29 AM ----------

It requires about 35k healing per second throughout the whole fight. Use the T5 2set bonus combined with soul link and ember tabs resulting in huge heals to both you and your voidwalker.

you can use twilight ward to absorb the damage coming in from soul link.
    I did not know this. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I did not know this. O.o
    You can do the same with the DoT from Dark Bargain

You can do the same with the DoT from Dark Bargain
    That one I did know about though. ^^

Hello there !

I'm thinking of soloing Naxx 25 Military and Construct Quarters (for transmog items). Could you guys give me some advices for those bosses ?

I fear that Patchwerk might hit too hard on my tank pet. Should I try Affli and spam souldrain and SB:HF on my pet ?

Thanks in advance !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Hello there !

I'm thinking of soloing Naxx 25 Military and Construct Quarters (for transmog items). Could you guys give me some advices for those bosses ?

I fear that Patchwerk might hit too hard on my tank pet. Should I try Affli and spam souldrain and SB:HF on my pet ?

Thanks in advance !
    Just burst him lol.. i did this in patch 4.0 without too big problems tbh, u can also do the portal and summon ur pet when it gets low while bursting pretty easy

Where does warlock self healing come from to be able to solo raids? I know they have always had great heals and were easy to level because of that but I never though it was enough to solo a raid mob. Not to mention our pets hold agro worse than a LFR tank. But I havent touched mine since MoP came out so I assume thats changed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Where does warlock self healing come from to be able to solo raids? I know they have always had great heals and were easy to level because of that but I never though it was enough to solo a raid mob. Not to mention our pets hold agro worse than a LFR tank. But I havent touched mine since MoP came out so I assume thats changed?
    Pet threat generation is huge in MoP, the void has Threatening Presence (which increase his threat by 500%), he'll never lose aggro. He has lot of armor, +10% avoidance, a 3-charges shield that reduces his damage taken, and a -90% Aoe dmg reduction. Too bad he can't taunt raid bosses, but with smart usage of Demonic Gateway (clearing your threat for 15s), even if he dies you can summon him back and he'll get aggro instantly.

Warlocks have lots of self/pet healing. Affliction is best for pet healing with Soulburn:Health Funnel which is an instant pet-heal and gives your pet a -30% damage taken buff. Destruction is best for self-healing through Ember Tap (pet healing through Soul Link). We have Tier1 talents (Dark Regeneration/Soul Leech) which are both great soloing talents. Mortal Coil (+15% hp every 45s) also. Glyphs of Siphon Life, Healthstone, (Ember Tap/Drain Life in 5.2)...
    Also worth mentioning that all of our selfheals are improved by 10% with Fel Armor.

But Warlocks were already a great soloing class in Cata, just few people had realized that.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-01-14 at 03:30 PM.

lol funny i find morchok one of the easiest to solo ^^ imo the hardest so far would be yor'sahj or warmaster blackhorn followed by magmaw. Morchok is just cake (even heroic isn't that hard)
    Well the thing is I only solo as destro. Still working on Yor'sahj. Currently Ilvl 494 and the fight looks doable with a little more gear, but with luck I may be able to do it with my gear.

Deleted
    Well the thing is I only solo as destro. Still working on Yor'sahj. Currently Ilvl 494 and the fight looks doable with a little more gear, but with luck I may be able to do it with my gear.
    Doing it as destro is quite a challenge lol goodluck bro

For the early DS bosses, has anyone tried glyph of health funnel? (extra 15% of your voids health on HF with a 10s cd on the spell). Had issues with yorsahj, but was curious if, with proper management, you could grab more dps with a sb:hf on cd to make enrage. I'll pretend to ignore the parts where I'm certain he two shot my pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    For the early DS bosses, has anyone tried glyph of health funnel? (extra 15% of your voids health on HF with a 10s cd on the spell). Had issues with yorsahj, but was curious if, with proper management, you could grab more dps with a sb:hf on cd to make enrage. I'll pretend to ignore the parts where I'm certain he two shot my pet.
    it's a good idea, but not good enough.. the healing from glyphed SW isnt enough to solo any of the hard bosses (specialy not in DS)

15+ Year Old Account
    what gear level is needed to solo the twin emperors? I tried as a fresh 90 as affliction and demo and was outhealed massively(sucks that I could solo em on my monk when she was fresh 90 :S)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    what gear level is needed to solo the twin emperors? I tried as a fresh 90 as affliction and demo and was outhealed massively(sucks that I could solo em on my monk when she was fresh 90 :S)
    The Twin Emperors were soloable at lvl85, any gear should do at lvl90. Especially since they were nerfed in a recent patch.

As of the nerf to their healing it takes 20k dps or so to kill them before they enrage.