Page 29 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    So I am curious, what is the reason that Anub'arak 25 hasn't been soloed yet? I just attempted him today and it seems like a pretty challenging, but doable fight. I have not gotten to phase 3 yet though, so I would assume that is the issue. Could someone who has done the fight tell me what is the difficult part of the 3rd phase?
    When I was attempting him it seemed fairly doable, but the biggest problem I had was killing burrowers fast enough to get some good dps on anub (491 ilvl). With a little more gear p1/p2 will be easy enough, but then it comes down to p3. Best bet is probably going to be to LT to low hp before p3 starts and pop all your CDs as the phase starts. It might also be useful to spec into sac pact to help offset the dmg from pen cold.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Go Affliction, DoTs should be more than enough on her and you can focus on the whelps. SB:SS one and SB: SoC that same one, then spam SoC on that target.
    Also harvest life helps out if you are a little low on gear and are taking a lot of dmg from the whelps.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, added a small guide written by Dr.Wuky to the OP as an introduction, also made a link to the moment on the last page where the spreadsheet was introduced, as that should be a good point for people to jump into when they want to discuss the more high level or difficult tasks that have not been done marked in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion (Affliction) - Curse of Exhaustion now reduces the targets movement speed by 30%, lasts half as long and has a 10 second cooldown.
    This should read 70%, not 30%.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should read 70%, not 30%.
    Changed, thanks for proof reading

So I was able to solo more content, but I am still stuck with the Blood Prince Council on 10 HC. As they are bugged as hell damagewise my VW just collapses under their damage, but likewise me when trying in DA: I just simply have no damage, and despite all my survival cooldowns possible I die ( especially when Keleseth gets the orb and nukes the shit out of me. Any suggestions or methods how can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    So I was able to solo more content, but I am still stuck with the Blood Prince Council on 10 HC. As they are bugged as hell damagewise my VW just collapses under their damage, but likewise me when trying in DA: I just simply have no damage, and despite all my survival cooldowns possible I die ( especially when Keleseth gets the orb and nukes the shit out of me. Any suggestions or methods how can it be done?
    Tank Keleseth yourself and get aggro on the shadow orbs to reduce the damage you take. Voidwalker will still get pretty wrecked tanking Valanarr and Taldaram but it's healable. Put a gateway up and once you start hurting for shards to heal him, do a hard resummon of your pet and drop your threat.

Go Affliction, DoTs should be more than enough on her and you can focus on the whelps. SB:SS one and SB: SoC that same one, then spam SoC on that target. Pop Shadow Bulwark (the voidwalker one) and Sac Pact at the same time, then Dark Regen with Glyphed Healthstone, and you'll have a huge damage buffer to keep yourself alive.
    Thanks for this, but I was stubborn and decided to keep Destro and do it again. Got it on the first attempt of the evening (no mount QQ). The key was to hold embers and spam Ember Tap during P2. I had completely forgotten about this, and I just read the updated first post now that specifically outlines this. P2 was quite long though as I wasn't keeping good track of where Onyxia was, so I had to run back and forth quite a few times. I think I might try putting up a gateway to quickly transition the room if necessary.

Halion 25 is not currently possible. The amount of dmg needed to fight back his 3% heal per 5 sec is far greater than anything we're currently capable of.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Is ICC 25 man do-able up to Festergut? I'm seeing a lot of ICC 10 man footage but not alot of 25 man action?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Is ICC 25 man do-able up to Festergut? I'm seeing a lot of ICC 10 man footage but not alot of 25 man action?
    Here ya go. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...4MG9tVUE#gid=0

Lol yeah that was stupid of me, I studied that thing in great detail just a few days ago...

It's been a stressful week ok xD but cheers

I've been struggling on 25M Hardmode XT. I got him to 215k health and wiped. Any tips? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    I've been struggling on 25M Hardmode XT. I got him to 215k health and wiped. Any tips? :3
    I am assuming you are wiping due to the enrage. If so, wait til you get a little more gear or do whatever you can to do as much dps on the boss, even if it means focusing less on adds.

I am assuming you are wiping due to the enrage. If so, wait til you get a little more gear or do whatever you can to do as much dps on the boss, even if it means focusing less on adds.
    Yar, though I'm rocking a 497 ilevel. I think I might try to keep pushing, see how far we get. The heart is actually one of the easier parts, I'm finding.

Just a question, why aren't heroic dungeon / challenge mode instances part of that list? I find it totally uninteresting to read about others feats of soloing TBC content, but I'd definitely be interested in reading someone soloing challenge modes or heroic instances.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

A lot of you who are having trouble soloing some of this easier old stuff to solo should try demo. You can solo a lot of cata raid bosses even (did Shannox, will prob try Aly soon), and probably any dungeons (was able to solo Well of Eternity at lvl 85 while it was current, not easy, but was doable).

Make sure you spec Kil Jaeden's Cunning and Harvest Life. Any bosses with a lot of adds are cake because you can pretty much not die while kiting and harvesting life. Basically just get corruption up on everything, imps, HoG, then meta, pop cd's, doom, imm aura, touch of chaos spam the boss, if worried about health harvest life. Pretty much that, while kiting of course and avoiding as much dmg as possible, works on most things. Take the shadowfury talent also, aoe stun really helps.

MC bosses like in TK and AQ go affliction (prob could go destro too just fine)

Some older bosses, like most of the ones in AQ, you can just send your voidwalker out and have it kill the boss while you keep dots up and otherwise just spam heal the voidwalker.

I very much doubt someone will ever solo challenge modes. Unlike heroic dungeons/raids, you can't overgear them.

Any advice how to down Lick King 10 hc? 1ºphase it's insane with adds and the plague you need to transfer to adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Just a question, why aren't heroic dungeon / challenge mode instances part of that list? I find it totally uninteresting to read about others feats of soloing TBC content, but I'd definitely be interested in reading someone soloing challenge modes or heroic instances.
    Most heroics should be easily soloed with a bit of gear. I've soloed panda hero achievements like Rattle no more and Hopocalypse now!. Doing them normally shouldn't be too hard. Don't think CMs would be possible though

Deleted
    I know these type of posts will turn up every once in a while and that they aren't very interesting to answer, but I was wondering if a level 86 Warlock in mostly MoP blues is able to solo Alysrazor on 10 man normal mode. If so, how do I deal with the birds and what spec should I take?

I'm not inexperienced with soloing Alysrazor but I used to do it on a Rogue. So any Warlock-specific advice is very welcome.