Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    little offtopic question:

what is the better soloing class: warlock or hunter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellivocs View Post

I don't know about MoP, but in Cata hunters are way better than warlocks at soloing old content. About everything we locks can do, they can do better/more easily.
    We get a few improvements in MoP, but I guess hunters will still be ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-08-31 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finally downed KT. Destro was definitely the way to go!

Deleted

I'm not very good with my hunter, nor is it very well geared - but pet survivability as BM is crazy.

I did onyxia on both, found it a lot easier on my warlock, but I think that was because of the huge damage dots did to her, she spent almost no time in P2. My hunter seemed to have a harder time dealing with whelps, dragonkin AND dpsing her in P2, but I think that's mostly a mix of gear and playing as BM on onyxia, survival would have probably been able to keep the pet up fine + have better AOE and dps on onyxia.

If there are fights that depend on your pet tanking, BM should be considerably better than warlocks though, glyphed mend pet and the spirit link talent + glyph is just crazy - and this is from a guy who's not that great with a hunter, and is using a strength bow, a good hunter should be able to do some great stuff.

How about Kel'Thuzad and Malygos? They were only possible to do as affli pre-patch but how about now?

EDIT: Tried Kel'Thuzad, one shotted it.
    Last edited by Bloodly; 2012-09-01 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    so for soloing -> hunter

thanks guys

I just wasted three hours of my life. Finally managed to get to Phase 5. You'd think it'd be easy from there. Nope. GRavity Lapse bugged, throwing me into the air no matter where I was. I died to fall damage. And the Nether Vapors didn't despawn. That happened 20 minutes ago. They're still there................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    How about Kel'Thuzad and Malygos? They were only possible to do as affli pre-patch but how about now?

EDIT: Tried Kel'Thuzad, one shotted it.
    Destro works great for those bosses. Killed Malygos is less than 5min (Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, BR, GoSupremacy), there's absolutely no challenge anymore. Soul Leech is enough to heal your pet in P1, and the voidlord threat is so great he gets aggro instantly after the first vortex once you use Soulshatter. Boss at 20% hp during the P1-P2 transition *yawn*

Got him down finally. And...

AL'AR DROPPED!

http://i.imgur.com/y4skJ.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I just wasted three hours of my life. Finally managed to get to Phase 5. You'd think it'd be easy from there. Nope. GRavity Lapse bugged, throwing me into the air no matter where I was. I died to fall damage. And the Nether Vapors didn't despawn. That happened 20 minutes ago. They're still there................
    And they follow you around after the fight, too! ;P

Also, h8 for getting the mount. Me, I couldn't even loot the corpse at all (not cursor loot change). The /loot command brought up a messed up blank window. 20 minutes later got a friend to come watch the corpse for me while I relogged.

Deleted
    I found out that the hard way too hehe :P but well Demonic Circle FTW

about the vapors..yeah i hope they fix that soon

Got him down finally. And...

AL'AR DROPPED!

http://i.imgur.com/y4skJ.jpg
    grats, was it worth the anger of wiping in p5 earlier? :P

Hunter hands down, especially now that there is no more minimum range. It's just easier to manage threat/healing and fake death can completely ignore certain parts of fights, like the big Onyxia10 adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    grats, was it worth the anger of wiping in p5 earlier? :P
    Oh yes, my anger vanished pretty darn fast.

Deleted
    any one knows if ya can solo aq40? or if not would two be enugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    any one knows if ya can solo aq40? or if not would two be enugh?
    The twins (and maybe C'Thun) will definitely be a problem. Two-manning it is entirely possible though, I've been doing it for a while with a friend.

Deleted
    The twins (and maybe C'Thun) will definitely be a problem. Two-manning it is entirely possible though, I've been doing it for a while with a friend.
    I soloed the Twins like 5 months ago, definitely won't be a problem with that dps increase.
    C'thun is too annoying, I don't even want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    I soloed the Twins like 5 months ago, definitely won't be a problem with that dps increase.
    C'thun is too annoying, I don't even want to try.
    Oh sweet, had no idea.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 01:12 PM ----------

Malygos soloed. Hardest part was the extreme tediousness that is the last phase. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    1123112311231123zzz

I tried a Demo spec to solo Vanilla/TBC raids and with a combo of Wrathguard and Wild Imps with Meta I can solo most things with ease. Hasn't been too bad so far, touch wood haha