Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Lich King, now in Heroic mode (10-man)!
    Done as Affliction, Voidlord+Soul Link. Because I can Harder than I thought though.

Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-21 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I've seen the raptor boss soled by tanks. Basically the one-shot ability is just a very large hit. What they all do is pop everything to survive in then kill him in 3 sec due to crazy vengeance stacks.
    ot in this forum, but they changed vengeance so you can´t do that anymore. Don´t know about large hits, but a guardian as apaladin is not enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed it so you can't gain vengeance from overkill attacks, which is what DK's were doing with purgatory. IDK how much the hit is for, but I am assuming most tanks can't survive it.

The damage, that the boss' Decapitate, is about 15 400 000 at most. Which is even if you pop all or your cooldown, as a lock, wouldn't survive. Counting Dark bargain and Unending Resolve, you would sitll get it by ~4 620 000 over 8 sec, which mean about 577 500 damage per second.

I didn't count in Dark Apothesis, since I don't have a Demonology lock, but I doubt, because you don't have the vengeance, that tank have, you would have enough DPS in DA. I don't know if you can have enough mastery to make the damage bearable, but I doubt it.

We would need about 98% mastery to make the attack to about 300k!

I may be wrong, I don't know Warlock all that much.

How easy are ZA Bear runs to solo? Also Raptor and Panther bosses in ZG for mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    How easy are ZA Bear runs to solo? Also Raptor and Panther bosses in ZG for mounts?
    The answer is on page 9 of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    But does he use it if you're the only person there?
    I dont see how he would. I always tanked ZG and as long as I held agro he never did the one shot thing to me just everyone else. The only time I ever got 1 shot was when I was stupid and used army and the ghouls stole agro. The same was true about Eagle boss in ZA. He never once picks up the tank as long as he has agro Again if I used army and ghouls got agro I got picked up. So does that mean if you are at the top of either hate list that neither eagle will pick you up or raptor boss one shot you?

I've started on my own soloing journey (beyond the same few bosses I've been farming for xmog and mounts) As of last night I've cleared:

TBC:

Karazhan
    Gruul
    Mag
    SSC
    TK
    Battle of Mt Hyjal
    BT (up till Teron, then a fellow guildie hijacked my lockout -_-)

WoTLK:

OS+3D
    Naxx 10
    Malygos 10
    Ulduar 10: Flame Lev, Razorscale, XT, Algalon (will be trying out the other fights later this week, though I'm not sure how I'll handle Thorim)
    ICC 10: Marrowgar
    RS 10 (tried heroic Halion but the giant pools of fire persisted into the twilight realm and destroyed me)

Are there any specific ways you guys are gearing your locks? Like stacking a bit of stam? For now I'm just going with my normal set of gear and itemization from raiding with an occasional talent tweak here and there. I'm not a particularly proficient solo lock yet, Algalon gave me quite a bit of trouble because he was wrecking my Voidlord lol What are some of the easier Cata content that I can start with? Also, it's still not possible to solo Kalecgos in Sunwell, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    Are there any specific ways you guys are gearing your locks? Like stacking a bit of stam? For now I'm just going with my normal set of gear and itemization from raiding with an occasional talent tweak here and there. I'm not a particularly proficient solo lock yet, Algalon gave me quite a bit of trouble because he was wrecking my Voidlord lol What are some of the easier Cata content that I can start with? Also, it's still not possible to solo Kalecgos in Sunwell, right?
    I don't stack stamina, I just go with my usual pve gear. Though I still find myself using the T5 2P bonus (with the ICC buff, only for the Lich King) because it will heal you for a lot if you have Soul Link (but it's quite a dps loss). More than gear, picking the right spec/talent is the most important thing in soloing.
    Alysrazor and Al'Akir are two easy Cata raid bosses to solo (but you'll still need a few people for the Conclave of Wind). I don't care much about 5-man cata dungeon, but they should be easily doable too.
    And except the obvious Gunship/Dreamwalker in ICC, I guess that all WotLK raid bosses are now soloable, lot of them in heroic mode.
    And no, I don't think Kalecgos will ever be soloable as a warlock But you don't need to kill him to continue the instance anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-22 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    I don't stack stamina, I just go with my usual pve gear. Though I still find myself using the T5 2P bonus (with the ICC buff, only for the Lich King) because it will heal you for a lot if you have Soul Link (but it's quite a dps loss). More than gear, picking the right spec/talent is the most important thing in soloing.
    Alysrazor and Al'Akir are two easy Cata raid bosses to solo (but you'll still need a few people for the Conclave of Wind). I don't care much about 5-man cata dungeon, but they should be easily doable too.
    And except the obvious Gunship/Dreamwalker in ICC, I guess that all WotLK raid bosses are now soloable, lot of them in heroic mode.
    And no, I don't think Kalecgos will ever be soloable as a warlock But you don't need to kill him to continue the instance anyway.
    Oooh, I didn't even think of using 2P T5, so even with the dps loss, the heals are still pretty substantial? One thing I disliked about Halion and Algalon was having to spend 70% of the fight spamming nothing but health funnel and drain life :\ What sort of talents do you take for soloing (of course, I understand that it's situational)? I'm assuming:

Tier 1: Dark Regeneration
    Tier 2: Mortal Coil
    Tier 3: Soul Link
    Tier 4: Unbound Will? (I tried using this but it seems fairly limited in its use, I ended up going with Burning Rush instead)
    Tier 5: GoSupremacy
    Tier 6: Kil'jaeden's Cunning

Hmm... I guess I'll give Ulduar and ICC a go for full clear. How would you do Thorim solo? Just run into the corridor to force him to jump down, and AOE all the adds in the arena? And I didn't know you don't need to beat Kalecgos to continue the raid O_o I always thought you had to kick his ass first.

From the looks of things, Atramedes should be a pretty easy fight to solo as well.

Love your H LK vid, BTW

Deleted
    Oooh, I didn't even think of using 2P T5, so even with the dps loss, the heals are still pretty substantial? One thing I disliked about Halion and Algalon was having to spend 70% of the fight spamming nothing but health funnel and drain life :\ What sort of talents do you take for soloing (of course, I understand that it's situational)? I'm assuming:

Tier 4: Unbound Will? (I tried using this but it seems fairly limited in its use, I ended up going with Burning Rush instead)

Hmm... I guess I'll give Ulduar and ICC a go for full clear. How would you do Thorim solo? Just run into the corridor to force him to jump down, and AOE all the adds in the arena? And I didn't know you don't need to beat Kalecgos to continue the raid O_o I always thought you had to kick his ass first.

From the looks of things, Atramedes should be a pretty easy fight to solo as well.

Love your H LK vid, BTW
    -Well with the T5 bonus you get 15% of all your dmg as healing, which can be a lot on heavy adds fight like LK, plus there's another +30% dmg/heal with the ICC buff. But I'm losing 46 ilvl with it. You don't need it for soloing the lich king for sure, but I like it that way. Haven't found any other uses for that T5 bonus yet, but it's because WotLK raid content is now too easy to solo at lvl90 for it to matter.
    -Yeah Atramedes should be doable, but reaching him solo is the hard part
    -I did Thorim at lvl85, but even at lvl90 it's still tricky and long to explain. You can't just run into the corridor because the even will reset, you basically need to pull one add from the corridor into the arena, wait for the arena to reset then clear the corridor while keeping one add from the arena alive. Killing that last add near the boss will then launch Phase 2.
    -For Kalecgos, run past him, he just resets
    -Taking Soul Link is really situational. Some pet-healing fights (like Al'Akir or Algalon) I find easier as Affliction (SB:Health Funnel), so it's better to take Dark Bargain (usually just because you don't want to use Sacrificial Pact while your pet is tanking ). I'm still not using Destro for soloing (except once at 85 when Kael'thas' MC was bugged) but it has great self-healing that Soul Link can take advantage of.
    My main 5.0 lvl85 soloing spec was Affliction-Voidlord with Dark Bargain. And it's still great at 90 for most of WotLK content. Though I used Dark Apotheosis-GoSacrifice for Heroic Blood Prince Council in ICC though .
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-22 at 02:52 AM.

Love your H LK vid, BTW
    Can't full clear ICC with the ship battle though huh? Unless somehow your pet can withstand the damage on one ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Can't full clear ICC with the ship battle though huh? Unless somehow your pet can withstand the damage on one ship.
    Dreamwalker and Gunship are both definitely out for soloing, so I'll be getting some help from friends with that, but I'll definitely be trying to solo the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    -Well with the T5 bonus you get 15% of all your dmg as healing, which can be a lot on heavy adds fight like LK, plus there's another +30% dmg/heal with the ICC buff. But I'm losing 46 ilvl with it. You don't need it for soloing the lich king for sure, but I like it that way. Haven't found any other uses for that T5 bonus yet, but it's because WotLK raid content is now too easy to solo at lvl90 for it to matter.
    -Yeah Atramedes should be doable, but reaching him solo is the hard part
    -I did Thorim at lvl85, but even at lvl90 it's still tricky and long to explain. You can't just run into the corridor because the even will reset, you basically need to pull one add from the corridor into the arena, wait for the arena to reset then clear the corridor while keeping one add from the arena alive. Killing that last add near the boss will then launch Phase 2.
    -For Kalecgos, run past him, he just resets
    -Taking Soul Link is really situational. Some pet-healing fights (like Al'Akir or Algalon) I find easier as Affliction (SB:Health Funnel), so it's better to take Dark Bargain (usually just because you don't want to use Sacrificial Pact while your pet is tanking ). I'm still not using Destro for soloing (except once at 85 when Kael'thas' MC was bugged) but it has great self-healing that Soul Link can take advantage of.
    My main 5.0 lvl85 soloing spec was Affliction-Voidlord with Dark Bargain. And it's still great at 90 for most of WotLK content. Though I used Dark Apotheosis-GoSacrifice for Heroic Blood Prince Council in ICC though .
    Thanks for all the tips I'll give the fights and 2P T5 a go probably sometime this week after raids are done

Twilight Cultist: how on earth do you manage those god damn immortal guardians in p3? it is the only part where I am dieing, as they overwhelm me. The other issue is, that when I emerge from the brain, there are at least 4 tentacles waiting for me.

Could you please explain how did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Twilight Cultist: how on earth do you manage those god damn immortal guardians in p3? it is the only part where I am dieing, as they overwhelm me. The other issue is, that when I emerge from the brain, there are at least 4 tentacles waiting for me.

Could you please explain how did you do that?
    The tentacles are annoying as hell. Ideally you don't want any tentacles going into phase 3. It is really rng based because the tentacles can spawn on the other side of the room. The corrupters are the most deadly because of that Black Plague they cast, so they are your number one priority. I don't remember everything about phase 2, but try to keep the 2nd constrictor alive a few seconds so you have time to kill the corruptor and crusher that spawns when the portals come up.

In phase 3 have your void pet like 20 yrds from the boss, just have him taunt the adds and dps them down on his own. It is just a straight dps race. Good Luck.

Deleted
    I Would Also like some tips about the Yog+0 Fight
    as affliction I'm having problems Killing the adds on time in the Brain phase

Is is possible for a lock to solo Brutallus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is is possible for a lock to solo Brutallus?
    Too hard to type "Warlock solo Brutallus" on google or youtube?
    Yeah it's possible, I did it like 9 months ago, so it's a free kill now. Have your pet tank it, he won't get any stacks, it's just a boring tank&spank.

Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    I Would Also like some tips about the Yog+0 Fight
    as affliction I'm having problems Killing the adds on time in the Brain phase
    Do you mean killing the brain in one phase or the tentacles before Induce Madness goes off? All you have to do to kill the adds is put one dot on them, they only have like 12k hp i think, but it does take 1 hit for them to turn into tentacle, then the next tick will actually do damage to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Do you mean killing the brain in one phase or the tentacles before Induce Madness goes off? All you have to do to kill the adds is put one dot on them, they only have like 12k hp i think, but it does take 1 hit for them to turn into tentacle, then the next tick will actually do damage to them.
    yeah that was it
    I was trying what you said but like 70% of the time I was able to attack the brain with like 15 seconds or less...Guess I will need to be faster at Dotting