Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    yeah that was it
    I was trying what you said but like 70% of the time I was able to attack the brain with like 15 seconds or less...Guess I will need to be faster at Dotting
    You just gotta make sure you are at the brain rooms wall when all the adds are dotted to get as much dps on it as possible.

I have a tip for Warlocks attempting to solo Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple: There is a rather complicated and annoying way to kill this boss, which you'll find on youtube however there is an easier way.

Go Demonology, use a Felhunter and take Grimoire of Service. Save all Fury for the 2nd phase. When on the 2nd phase (essence of desire) summon an Infernal, Imp Swarm, Grimiore: Felguard and pop Metamorphosis and nuke the crap out of it, interupting spirit shocks whenever possible, With so many pets all out at once it greatly reduces the chance you will be hit by spirit shock and you can attack it almost freely. It also helps to keep Immolation active too so you continue to damage the boss even when disoriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is is possible for a lock to solo Brutallus?
    Brutallus was farily tough to do at lv85, but now at 90 it's really quite easy. Use your Void to tank him and stand to the side of the boss so you dont get hit by meteor slash.

Just don't bother trying to kill Kalecgos on your way there.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-10-28 at 01:17 AM.

Imo what I found out, that the brain is also rng (at least it was for me). The dragon room is far the wrost, the stormwind is ok and the LK one is easy as fuck. I SB SSed all the tentacles and occasionally drain souled them. I dotted up the brain as well and came out when it was on 40% hp usually, so the dots eventuallyk illed it. Just the fact that I come out and a corruptor tentacle decides to spawn on the other side of the rom and chainspam apathy and black plagueon me with its friend is annoying...

Edit: actually what is causing me problems now that I have een the fight again, is that while I am in the brain, new adds spawn, and i have to face them upon arriving from the brain. How do you solve that issue?
    Last edited by Nerfarien; 2012-10-28 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Imo what I found out, that the brain is also rng (at least it was for me). The dragon room is far the wrost, the stormwind is ok and the LK one is easy as fuck. I SB SSed all the tentacles and occasionally drain souled them. I dotted up the brain as well and came out when it was on 40% hp usually, so the dots eventuallyk illed it. Just the fact that I come out and a corruptor tentacle decides to spawn on the other side of the rom and chainspam apathy and black plagueon me with its friend is annoying...

Edit: actually what is causing me problems now that I have een the fight again, is that while I am in the brain, new adds spawn, and i have to face them upon arriving from the brain. How do you solve that issue?
    Being fast in the brain room is the only thing you can do. Once all the adds in the brain room is down, no tentacles will spawn. Also, I wouldn't recommend SB SSing the tentacles in the brain room, I just put one corruption of them and then when I put corruption on the last add I also fel flame it. Then I just run to the brain. You want to kill the brain before he gets Induce Madness off. If you don't, more tentacles will spawn and unless you get godly rng, you will wipe. Like I said before, phase 3 is a dps race, it should be way easier now with raid gear ( I was doing it in blues and greens), but you still don't want to waste time killing tentacle because you want to kill the boss before you get overrun by guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Brutallus was farily tough to do at lv85, but now at 90 it's really quite easy. Use your Void to tank him and stand to the side of the boss so you dont get hit by meteor slash.

Just don't bother trying to kill Kalecgos on your way there.
    Fairly tough? I used to do him on my hunter and it was a very tight DPS race even in t13 gear, not to mention that you had to rotate turtle cooldowns and keep 100% mend pet hot uptime or else it would die. How did you manage to keep your voidwalker alive and beat the enrage at 85?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Fairly tough? I used to do him on my hunter and it was a very tight DPS race even in t13 gear, not to mention that you had to rotate turtle cooldowns and keep 100% mend pet hot uptime or else it would die. How did you manage to keep your voidwalker alive and beat the enrage at 85?
    It wasn't that hard. You only needed 20k5 dps.
    It was as demo of course (for the -30% dmg taken buff). You just had to keep your dot up and spam Health Funnel. And the boss is tauntable (which is great for aggro, but also means that you could let your pet die and still be able to get back into the fight).
    Did it with 395ilvl back then.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Generally, which spec is the best for soloing instances/raids? I'm sure some specs are better for certain fights, but which is the go-to spec for the majority of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Generally, which spec is the best for soloing instances/raids? I'm sure some specs are better for certain fights, but which is the go-to spec for the majority of fights.
    hard to say but it really depends on the boss.

If you take allot of damage while your minion is tanking then destro works
    If Void is taking allot of damage while healthfunel has trouble keeping him up then affliction might do the trick, or during situations where dots work better then cast (Yogg sauron + 0 for example)
    Demo might work for fights where you need survivability during certain stages of a fight.

If your going for TBC raids then destro should be fine on majority of the fights since most of the bosses are nothing more then tank and spank with a small twist
    If your going to try WOTLK (with the exception of Naxx) you might want to study the bosses to see which spec would work best, because wotlk raids are less tank and spank compared to TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I have a tip for Warlocks attempting to solo Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple: There is a rather complicated and annoying way to kill this boss, which you'll find on youtube however there is an easier way.

Go Demonology, use a Felhunter and take Grimoire of Service. Save all Fury for the 2nd phase. When on the 2nd phase (essence of desire) summon an Infernal, Imp Swarm, Grimiore: Felguard and pop Metamorphosis and nuke the crap out of it, interupting spirit shocks whenever possible, With so many pets all out at once it greatly reduces the chance you will be hit by spirit shock and you can attack it almost freely. It also helps to keep Immolation active too so you continue to damage the boss even when disoriented.
    Thanks for the tip. I just did this last night. LOTS of wiggle room, I didn't get my GoServ up properly before I got hit with spirit shock and still managed to come out of the phase with 60% hp.

Ysen for ICC 10 how do you deal with Blood Princes? I've done everything (except lootship of course) solo up to this point as afflic with voidlord, however they seem to eat him alive. Do you just do it as demo with DA? Looked through your list of videos but didn't see one for council.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Ysen for ICC 10 how do you deal with Blood Princes? I've done everything (except lootship of course) solo up to this point as afflic with voidlord, however they seem to eat him alive. Do you just do it as demo with DA? Looked through your list of videos but didn't see one for council.
    Yeah Dark Apotheosis for Blood Princes 10 HM. You can't tank them with a pet, the fight is bugged, I don't know why but pets take crazy amount of damage from them.
    Dark Apo with GoSacrifice, it's not that hard to survive. Didn't make a video because there's no point really, fight is easy at lvl90. But I do have a screenshot as proof, as if that's ever needed lol.
    I recall you just need to be careful when Keleseth is empowered to have enough shadow resonance (dmg reduction).
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-11-03 at 08:09 PM.

K good to know I'm not just going crazy. Every other fight had little trouble keeping my voidy up (though Saurfang hit kinda hard), and just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong and causing my voidy to get eaten alive.

Edit: botched the fight quite a bit, but definitely much easier with DA.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-11-03 at 08:13 PM.

Random other question -- for any of the bosses that drop a mount on both 10 and 25 versions is it known if the mount has a higher drop chance on 25 than on 10? Trying to decide if I want to bother doing stuff like Onyxia 25 vice the much faster and easier Onyxia 10 for a better chance at a mount drop.

Deleted
    I don't know about the higher drop rate, but Onyxia 25 is a free kill at 90, just takes a bit longer (my last Ony25 kill took me 12min with Dark Apotheosis, but it's totally safe). Gonna farm her in 25-version just to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they have the same drop rate in both.

Deleted
    Level 80s are top when it comes to soloing "old content" they are soloing icc heroic, ulduar, toc and alot more.

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f33/...-thread-41890/

Here is a vid of a LEVEL 80 MAGE soloing ALGALON10 in roughly 30 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Gx60yNcaEQY

DKs and mages seam to be the Strongest classes, at lower level, to solo stuff.

edit:just noticed after posting that its lock forums, just ignore me :<
    Last edited by mmoc6a5006fb71; 2012-11-05 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    I don't know about the higher drop rate, but Onyxia 25 is a free kill at 90, just takes a bit longer (my last Ony25 kill took me 12min with Dark Apotheosis, but it's totally safe). Gonna farm her in 25-version just to be sure.
    Question any special reason why you use Dark Apotheosis?

Haven't done it on 25 man (yet) but in 10 man the damage doesn't seem that high and my Voidlord is easily capable of tanking Onyxia. It seems better to just go destro or affliction and burn her down or are you using DA because of the add phase?

I actually almost 1 shot her as affliction on 25 man, only messed up on my P3 transition and had a bunch of adds wailing on me while feared.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Question any special reason why you use Dark Apotheosis?

Haven't done it on 25 man (yet) but in 10 man the damage doesn't seem that high and my Voidlord is easily capable of tanking Onyxia. It seems better to just go destro or affliction and burn her down or are you using DA because of the add phase?
    Probably, when I attempted 25 over the weekend as afflic it was a little harder to get the adds down fast enough that you didn't have a constant stream of adds up. This was at 473 ilvl.\

Maybe I'll try again this week and throw on 2pc T5 and grab soul link.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-11-05 at 07:06 PM.

I do it as Destruction with 0 problems and it takes around 8mins, I've even downed her with the premade level 90 char from ptr, which is only heroic geared, as Destruction, and it was quite easy.

Soul Leach + Glyph of Soul Siphon + (FnB+Immolate+Incinerate) and the ocassional Ember Tap or Healthstone lets you outheal the massive amount of whelps while dealing with them.

The drop rate in the case of Onxyia is the same in both 10 and 25: a tiny shit. XD
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2012-11-05 at 08:10 PM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but short of using the Ouros method, there's still no way to solo C'thun, right?