Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Ran into an interesting scenario this evening. I was clearing Ulduar 10 for fun and after clearing all the Keepers to unlock the door to Vesax there was nothing. No trash, no boss, nothing. I'm assuming a soft reset will fix it but I found it kind of strange.
    My guild ran into that a few weeks back. It got fixed in the Tuesday restarts.

Oh, how I hate him... Al'Akir HC down: http://i.imgur.com/iFhTh.jpg
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox1232 View Post
    anyone with any ideas for soloing the raptors boss, can't figure out a way around decapitate on a lock
    Has anyone tried tanking him themselves with Dark Apotheosis in hopes that he'll decapitate the pet instead of you? Might be worth checking in to if that ends up being the case

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    Oh, how I hate him... Al'Akir HC down: http://i.imgur.com/iFhTh.jpg
    Damn son! Congrats!

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:24 AM ----------

Got the left binding from MC on lock, got the right on pala...

*sob*

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Aku View Post
    Has anyone tried tanking him themselves with Dark Apotheosis in hopes that he'll decapitate the pet instead of you? Might be worth checking in to if that ends up being the case
    He does not target pets with Decapitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He does not target pets with Decapitate.
    That's too bad :/

As far as I know the only classes that could solo Bloodlord Mandokir are Rogue (Cheat Death), Mage (Ice Tomb/Cauterize/Images?), Paladin (Bubble) and Death Knight (All defensive cds + Purgatory + death siphon to not die), assuming none of these mechanics have been changed too greatly since Cataclysm.

Surviving Decapitate is pretty much moot anyway since he uses http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96776 straight afterwards (50% of your HP every 2 seconds), so unless you can heal yourself for shit loads you'll die anyway.

And again: You can burst Mandokir to death before the DB dot from decaptitate kills you (But you need gear, lots of it).

And for Beth'tilac: Just tried it on heroic and it should be possible with more gear (~510+), best try was 20% during the 3rd devastation, normal version is a joke tbh.

Surviving Decapitate is pretty much moot anyway since he uses http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96776 straight afterwards (50% of your HP every 2 seconds), so unless you can heal yourself for shit loads you'll die anyway.
    Bloodletting can't kill you. If you read it, it says 50% of your current health not total health. Even when this fight was current our healer wouldn't bother with it.

Also, I've seen a hunter kill him solo. What he did was he used a snake trap to keep the boss occupied while the spirits rezzed him

Any tip for Illidari Council?

I tried it as affliction and just used soulburn to dot them all up but my minion dies pretty fast so I end up tanking.

My Ilevel is around 450 (recently dinged) so that could be the problem.

Some new videos (Al'Akir H will follow soon!):

Bloodletting can't kill you. If you read it, it says 50% of your current health not total health. Even when this fight was current our healer wouldn't bother with it.

Also, I've seen a hunter kill him solo. What he did was he used a snake trap to keep the boss occupied while the spirits rezzed him
    You can still get unlucky with Bloodletting if he hits you at the right time near the end of it if you don't have substantial heals.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

I tried it as affliction and just used soulburn to dot them all up but my minion dies pretty fast so I end up tanking.

I did them as Destruction. My Voidlord died once but otherwise it was a piece of cake.

I always tank it myself with GoSac + Soul Leech. 450 is more than enough.

Deleted

If you are Desperate you Can Try Demonology...and it becomes a 6 second kill: Hand of Gul'dan x2+Double Felstorm while all four of them at stacked = win

You can still get unlucky with Bloodletting if he hits you at the right time near the end of it if you don't have substantial heals.
    Even if you were at 1 HP it wouldn't kill you. The game truncates at that level so it would do 0 damage before it does the 1 damage.

And here we go!

Al'Akir Heroic Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld41XAWwJ1E

Talents: Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Sacrificial Pact, Grimoire of Supremacy, Kil'jaeden's Cunning
    Glyphs: Soul Shard, Siphon Life, Soul Consumption

Phase 1
    You have to avoid the lightning strike and do as much dmg as possible to reach phase 2 very quickly.

Phase 2
    Use Sacrificial Pact as often as possible (without killing your pet through a bad combo) to avoid as much Acid Raid damage as possible. You have to stack three adds up and then kill one by one a few seconds before the damage taken debuff is going to expire. As you can see I haven't played perfectly during the kill (or better said: my pets void shield killed the one or other add too fast), but you have to maintain 10 stacks+ to get to the phase transition quickly or the stacking damage from Acid Rain will kill you. One important thing: Don't forget to channel drain soul on the little adds, that you're going to kill. Why? Because of the soul shard & soul consumption killing effect (aka free shards & 20% max health).

Phase 3
    You can't avoid any dmg from phase 3, which means that you have to use your cooldowns as often as possible with max dps on the boss. Don't forget to use the heroic tactic for lightning clouds: three clouds on the top, three clouds on the bottom, repeat. Important: You don't have cooldowns for an endless phase 3 plus there is also the ten minutes berserk timer, so zerg him down!

Even if you were at 1 HP it wouldn't kill you. The game truncates at that level so it would do 0 damage before it does the 1 damage.
    Except it says that it does at least 7500 dmg.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    I got a question. Is alysrazor 10m normal soloable as demo? Since i want to farm it for the mount and i cant play affliction or destro for shit so. Or do i need to drag some friend with me to try and do it and loose the mount to him with my mount luck

The biggest difficulty I see with demo is the wild imps, I do not know how they will behave in that fight, but if they get the attention of the adds it might make it pretty hard to do as demo (especially during the tornado phase when you will need to keep drain life on the boss to stay ahead of the searing winds dmg). If you can get past wild imps being an issue I don't see this being any more difficult than as afflic in early gear levels.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki