Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Random threat drops won't really mean much if you maintain the gateway debuff, they can't really do much about that.
    This. Someone should try it.

Worked like a charm, unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near the dps requirement to beat the fight. Very possible next tier though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Worked like a charm, unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near the dps requirement to beat the fight. Very possible next tier though.

Just to add clarity here, pet seemed to be able to hold aggro a lot of the time but would lose aggro very frequently, sometimes even when I had the gateway debuff. Using the Gateway again or Soulshattering, sometimes even taunting again, would always make him return to the pet for a short time. Pretty easy to keep him at distance with proper positioning though and kite him until you can Gateway again. Massive Attack is only 800k damage before mitigation, so you can easily survive a hit here and there for when he catches up to you.

As for the enrage, no chance. Think it's approx 261k dps required sustained for 10 minutes, not including dpsing the Shadow adds. Factor in dps lost in the first phase jumping through gateways all the time, resummoning pet during Subetai (for rain of arrows) etc, and it looks like something that MAY be possible in full bis next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    resummoning pet during Subetai (for rain of arrows) etc, and it looks like something that MAY be possible in full bis next tier.
    I'm sorry, why do you need to resummon pet on subetai? As I remember, you could just teleport out of the rain via demonic circle

Or you can use Unbound Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    Or you can use Unbound Will.
    Given it's cooldown, that is not a viable strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    With item level 501,

whats the highest tier that i can realistically solo as destro? considering im not a scrub?

- - - Updated - - -

also how the fuck do i solo thorim

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    With item level 501,

whats the highest tier that i can realistically solo as destro? considering im not a scrub?

- - - Updated - - -

At 501 you can do some bosses like Magmaw and Omnitron. The first three bosses in Dragon Soul should be possible as well. Thorim is really annoying. I've done it a few times but I don't remember enough to explain properly. You can probably find some videos of people doing it.

considering im not a scrub?
    how the fuck do i solo thorim

Had to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    how bout giving me a fucking answer instead of trolling you cunt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    At 501 you can do some bosses like Magmaw and Omnitron. The first three bosses in Dragon Soul should be possible as well. Thorim is really annoying. I've done it a few times but I don't remember enough to explain properly. You can probably find some videos of people doing it.
    Thanks. it was the boss resetting i was concerned about

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-07 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With item level 501,

- - - Updated - - -

This should give you a good start. It's a post from this very thread, could have simply found it by searching for Thorim in the thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20541303

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yea, that's not too bad

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also the soul slink souleach stuff blew my mind. could have solod some of this stuff a lot easier before heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the soul slink souleach stuff blew my mind. could have solod some of this stuff a lot easier before heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any advice on soloing halfus as destro? I searched thread and everything points to affliction. basically my voidwalker gets owned in 2 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice on soloing halfus as destro? I searched thread and everything points to affliction. basically my voidwalker gets owned in 2 seconds.

Also, I solod yogg 10 0 light, any advice on 25 man 0 light? is it even possible? ysen?

With halfus it comes down to 1) normal or heroic, and 2) if normal what drakes are active.

Yogg 25 is much more difficult for 2 reasons: 1) the speed that Sara casts Psychosis tends to leave you in a situation where you either go insane before the protection becomes active or your sanity is too low to feasibly make it through the rest of the fight, and 2) the tentacles have so much higher health that you can't kill them fast enough. With enough gear this should soon be doable (I'm sure kalen/ignocia/evrelia are currently working on it), and I forsee at the latest it being done in 5.4.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    What I was doing as destro:
    Pull->Sending my pet to tank Halfus, not attacking him myself. Meanwhile I release of the drake then use the gateaway. Summon my pet back (who's likely already dead by that time) and have him tank both Halfus and the drake. Nuking the drake with all cds, always under the gateway debuff. When the drake's dead I generally ignore the other ones and simply nuke Halfus down. With Soul Leech and the +100% dmg taken debuff it should be easy to survive, but you can also release another drake to stack an other debuff.
    The pull can be tricky and you can take a lot of dmg before your pet starts tanking. I used Sac Pact or Dark Bargain, not Soul Link.

I'm having some trouble with Cho'gall normal mode.

I have a DBM timer showing me when he's about to cast Conversion and it works fine for the first and second conversions, but there's a huge gap until he uses the third and then he just does it without any warning at all so I can't dismiss my pet in time. The bar does not appear.

It might be easier to just turn off your pet's taunt and threatening presence and maintain a gateway debuff. This way you can easily out-threat your pet to pull aggro and get hit, then jump through the gateway to dump cho'gall back on your pet. Maybe gateway jumps 1, 3, 5, etc let him hit you and 2, 4, 6, etc just jump through as soon as the debuff falls.

Or with it being normal mode you might be able to tank him yourself, haven't tried it myself.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Or with it being normal mode you might be able to tank him yourself, haven't tried it myself.
    Definitely doesn't seem possible to self-tank.

I killed him in the end anyway, for some reason he didn't cast conversion at all during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    What I was doing as destro:
    Pull->Sending my pet to tank Halfus, not attacking him myself. Meanwhile I release of the drake then use the gateaway. Summon my pet back (who's likely already dead by that time) and have him tank both Halfus and the drake. Nuking the drake with all cds, always under the gateway debuff. When the drake's dead I generally ignore the other ones and simply nuke Halfus down. With Soul Leech and the +100% dmg taken debuff it should be easy to survive, but you can also release another drake to stack an other debuff.
    The pull can be tricky and you can take a lot of dmg before your pet starts tanking. I used Sac Pact or Dark Bargain, not Soul Link.
    I struggled with Halfus last week when I had Slate up. Without Slate, it was cake, with him active it took 3 tries and I had to save my defensive CDs for much later in the fight than I normally would have.

Also, I solod yogg 10 0 light, any advice on 25 man 0 light? is it even possible? ysen?
    He is too random because of p2. Brain room, tentacles spawn brings A LOT of RNG to the fight. And there still are p3, but this is not a very big problem with current dps numbers.

Btw, what about new av? Seems like an op talent for soloing.
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2013-07-10 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I struggled with Halfus last week when I had Slate up. Without Slate, it was cake, with him active it took 3 tries and I had to save my defensive CDs for much later in the fight than I normally would have.
    Slate definitely makes it a lot harder on healing, although countered I feel by releasing the slate and getting the stuns on halfus - you can basically kill an entire dragon in that time. Slate + Nether Scion is the real nasty combo, but still killable.