Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aswadd View Post
    2- We don't really have mitigation CD's. Warriors can use their block ability every 20 or so sec's and paladin's have an additional sheild of some sort with every 3 charges of holy power. DK's get their shields from death strike, and druid tanks can only dodge. If they don't, they get hurt since we're not focusing on mastery builds nowadays.
    Bears have considerably more armor than an equal geared tank of any other class, regardless of if you're stacking mastery or not. If you take an "unmitigated hit" you will always take less than one on another tank.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I think about going with a rage-build (something like Stamina > Agility > Crit > Exp/Hit > Mastery > Dodge > Haste),
    but it feels wrong to completely focus on Crit & Hit..
    If, for some reason, i can't hold up my 'Savage Defense' 100% of the time I'm pretty much fucked, right?
    Or if I'm unlucky and don't dodge often, how do the healers compensate that?
    Am I tanky enough for that?
    Also with 5.2 upon us on Thursday what about a mastery-build? Do we still go with rage?

15+ Year Old Account
    firs you cant keep SD up 100% you can only keep it up like 66% unless there is a tank swap each ~45secs
    but with the rage build you can keep up Thooth and Claw to reduce damage of undodged hits, and you can help your healers with self healing

also i dont think stamina is part of the rage build as it gives you no extra rage

the main advatage i see of the rage build is that you can swap to either SD or FR depending on th type of damage you get at that moment, instead of focues purely on psysical dmg reduction
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    firs you cant keep SD up 100% you can only keep it up like 66% unless there is a tank swap each ~45secs
    but with the rage build you can keep up Thooth and Claw to reduce damage of undodged hits, and you can help your healers with self healing

also i dont think stamina is part of the rage build as it gives you no extra rage

the main advatage i see of the rage build is that you can swap to either SD or FR depending on th type of damage you get at that moment, instead of focues purely on psysical dmg reduction
    Yeah, about that "Thooth and Claw"-Thing.
    I'm active again for 4 days now (was inactive for 3 months), so i don't have the experience with it.
    At the moment i only use it, if i don't have any SD-CDs left OR if I have like an SUPER amount of rage to spent.
    Is that wrong? I mean, why should I use TaC instead of SD?

No stamina? I'm feelin a bit swishy without anything (i was a sandbag-bear the last expansion).
    So i will from now on only go for crit/exp/hit/haste and reforging away my mastery for it? ^^
    I'm feeling like a cat.

Deleted
    what do u guys think of the legendary meta gem i think the dps still is gonna be good for druids +324 Crit Rating and chance on melee or ranged hit to gain Capacitance. (Deals damage after accumulating 5 charges) because the stamina one seems kinda weak tbh

You're vastly underestimating the Stamina Legendary Meta, it's quite good. That said, if for some crazy reason you wanted to use the DPS meta gem, it probably wouldn't be too bad. Good thing is that the discharge damage scales with AP and guardian is capable of stacking quite a lot of haste thanks to it's bear form haste multiplier. Bad thing is that the increased crit damage you could have from the normal meta gem is also very good for Guardian when you'll probably able to reach 60%, 65%, or more crit chance this tier.

Deleted
    i still thin the dps one is better than the stamina one but it all depends on how often it procs tbh.

becuase the stamina proc on is still very random so u can´t count on it that probaly the reason i don´t like it the most

The tank meta beats the existing armor meta by a mile in terms of pure damage reduction.

The choice hasn't really changed. Take the DPS meta for DPS, or the tank meta for damage reduction. The difference now is that the tank meta is just so goddamn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    The difference now is that the tank meta is just so goddamn good.
    And presumably many many times more expensive if you want to swap back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    And presumably many many times more expensive if you want to swap back and forth.
    That's what 2 helms are for

Well, if you can GET 2 anyway.

So I'm a newly minted 90 and I'm trying to figure out how to gear up my beloved bear. I get the basic stat assignments, but it simply seems like agil and crit are what we're going for, and dodge is something of a second tier stat. Am I crazy?

I'm in a solid guild, but I don't know if I'll ever be tanking because I play a resto shaman as a main. I'd love to switch to bear, however. It's just way more fun. But to facilitate that, I need to make sure my gear isn't FUBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon14 View Post
    So I'm a newly minted 90 and I'm trying to figure out how to gear up my beloved bear. I get the basic stat assignments, but it simply seems like agil and crit are what we're going for, and dodge is something of a second tier stat. Am I crazy?
    I think you get enough agility with just what comes on the items. The most important part is generating the rage to be able to use SD and FR (and T&C) as much as possible as this is what will keep you alive - for that you need to be able to hit with your abilities as much as possible, and that means offensive secondary stats. So: hit & expertise are required in order to not miss/parry/dodge because that doesn't give you any rage; crit is required because Mangle & melee crits give you +15 rage which is huge; and haste is required because it make your melee hits (hopefully melee crits) happen more often.

In the defensive stats area you will have mastery and possibly some dodge. Dodge seems to be weakest because you will get most of your dodge from Savage Defense, which you can keep up 66% of the time (and up continuously for 42 seconds, which is often enough between tank swaps) - and I think the dodge rating to dodge percentage is lower than mastery. Mastery is useful because it will increase your armour and reduce the amount of physical damage you take (this is sometimes useless on certain fights, e.g. Lei Shi), but again the mastery rating to damage reduction from armour is not particularly awesome (but is getting a buff in 5.2). A lot of bears will reforge all their mastery to offensive stats, but personally I don't as I like having a good amount of mastery to make me a little less squishy - and I feel I have enough rage generation.
    Blencathra <Hexx> - Guardian Druid - Chamber of Aspects

Depends on your playstyle and what you and your healers want more than anything. People have been clearing content regardless of how they choose to gear.

I recommend people start with a "consistent RPS" build when first starting out. That is: Hit (7.5) = Exp (15) > Crit > Haste. Once they're comfortable with how to use their abilities and understand how the different stats work, people can then start changing things if they want to and/or think they should.

All good points. Thanks guys. I just banged out 463 in a decent day of playing, so I'll be LFR this week. I bought the Relic of Xuen for extra agility, so I'm glad to hear the stamina version might not have been the way to go. I'll cross the rest of the bridges when I get there.

Where is the value of mastery now compared to earlier? I suspect it hasn't moved up in the stat priority list, but always nice to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Where is the value of mastery now compared to earlier? I suspect it hasn't moved up in the stat priority list, but always nice to be sure.
    Same as before in terms of priority. Rps will favour less mastery, where as an armour centric build will want to max mastery.

Deleted
    How do you like the new Cenarion ward?

Tested it out today and was quite good on Magthera. Was able to use it every other breath. Guess it has it's moments now.

I also liked Cenarion Ward - It's a great shame that it isn't off the global cool down though. That makes me far more reluctant to press it.

If it was off the GCD you would hardly have a reason to ever use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If it was off the GCD you would hardly have a reason to ever use anything else.
    I don't mind the 30 second cool down, but I do mind not hitting say, mangle or lacerate to use cenarion ward instead.