Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Think he ment triple punctures as those apear to be undodgeable. For those i try to save my def cds as i usually dont need them on adds phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Or just, move out of them. Agree with the rest tho.
    Definately this :P No reason at all to be taking the swipe damage, not really that hard to time so the boss doesn't even move at all

Hey guys,

Thoughts on a druid solo tanking council normal? Our guild has been trying it recently (im not the druid) and was just wondering if anyone had done it successfully/easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Hey guys,

Thoughts on a druid solo tanking council normal? Our guild has been trying it recently (im not the druid) and was just wondering if anyone had done it successfully/easily.
    Errrrr, why would you? I mean I guess it could be possible but I'm not sure I'd want to.

Hey guys,

We were thinking about it, but we've been rushing through normals and not wanting to change much about them.
    Anyway, what's there to think about? Either the druid pulls threat on Mar'li and tanks the others away, ignoring her casts, or you stack all 3 up and ignore the minor heal adds. The only change is the druid takes more damage and needs to be more careful during frigid assault... the rest of the raid should have no changes, and there's nothing he'd really do different from 2-tanking.

Hey guys,

We sort of did this by accident the first week of ToT on 25man, although it was with a warrior (but the result would be likely the same). People with nVidia 500/600 series cards were constantly having their drivers crash on this fight the first day, which was eventually fixed thankfully. Long story short, I was DC'd 90% of the fight, so the other tank was getting chain-stunned... and all we did was heal through it and rotate healer CDs if necessary. Happened to one-shot it despite all the DC's, so it couldn't have been too intensive. I'd imagine it'd work decently well with a druid, regardless.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    My guild killed it on Heroic and I didn't have any issues. Not sure what happened to you and looking at the logs you've linked it does look weird. Let see what happens this coming reset, if I encounter any bug, I'll post a log.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Errrrr, why would you? I mean I guess it could be possible but I'm not sure I'd want to.
    Makes no sense what so ever to solo tank this fight, when there's no need to. It puts more pressure on the healers and unless your dps is bad, you don't need an extra. On top of that, you might as well get used to the fight 2 tanked, since I highly doubt you'll be able to solo tank on Heroic.

So far in this Tier, there really isn't any real solo tank encounter. Yes, you can cheese a few of them with a Paladin but again, why would you? They are tuned for 2 tanks and unless you have shit dps or trying to do a Heroic encounter undergeared (and you aren't Paragon), I don't see the gain from doing this.

Deleted
    Update: Killed Heroic Jin'Rokh again last night and there was nothing wrong with the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Update: Killed Heroic Jin'Rokh again last night and there was nothing wrong with the fight
    Didn't have any issues with our kill this week, as well, so it looks like the problem is gone. Figured one of the multiple patches likely fixed it. On a sad note, my Rune of Re-Origination only had an uptime of 11.4% on the kill, as well (only proc'd 4 times in nearly 6 minutes). Such a streaky trinket, don't know if I'd call that "fun and excitement."

With respect to solo tanking the Council fight as a Guardian, I find it's completely do-able on 25man at the very least. SD + monk dodge symbiosis + dodge on-use trinket allowed the debuff to never stack high enough to freeze, and the damage isn't really too terribly high either. Again, there's no real reason to do this, my co-tank and I were bored and messing around this week.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98335-oxhoof-greatcloak
    agi and dodge on the same item, i hope this goes live
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Sad to say it but the "DPS" cloak is better =P

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98148-tigerfang-wrap

Blizzard just can't win

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Hey guys,

we're on council right now and had a mar'li ~10% and kazrajin 20% empowered wipe, with 2 dps dead

I was wondering if I could improve my own gameplay?
    Some info about it.
    - Heroism at the start, nuke Sul and swith to empowered add around 25, except for Kazrajin immediately cause he always gets empowered.
    - We are stacking them on top of each other.
    - Sometimes I can drop the stacks and sometimes I can't.
    - The warrior was taking too much damage in the earlier tries, so we replaced him with a higher geared Gdruid.

Log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=9370&e=9850

Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    I was wondering if I could improve my own gameplay?
    Some info about it.
    - Heroism at the start, nuke Sul and swith to empowered add around 25, except for Kazrajin immediately cause he always gets empowered.
    - We are stacking them on top of each other.
    - Sometimes I can drop the stacks and sometimes I can't.
    - The warrior was taking too much damage in the earlier tries, so we replaced him with a higher geared Gdruid.
    The big thing that stood out immediately even before looking at the logs was when you said you're stacking them all together. After looking at the logs, my hunch was correct: Mar'li is healing the other 3 on the council quite a bit to the tune of 37million HP. According to the attempt you linked, 11 Loa spirits healed throughout the fight. They can be snared, stunned, gripped, knocked back, etc, priority should be on killing those adds to shorten the fight. I'm not going to say you cannot stack the council, however stacking Mar'li can be dangerous if she isn't moved away from the group before she summons a Loa spirit (which will instantly heal one of the council members if it spawns near/on top of them).

While I don't have time to delve into every little detail of the logs atm, I'll try to give a quick overview. Your strat for the kill is viable, and until the Loa spirits get under control, don't stack Mar'li. In fact, keep her as far away from the other guys as possible until your DPS actually kill the spirits. As a Guardian tank, I opt to tank Mar'li with Glyph of Maul, so I can slow it when a Maul cleave off of Mar'li as soon as it spawns... proceed to stun/typhoon/UV/whatever to keep it from getting to the lowest health council member. If you have enough Vengeance, you might be able to solo the spirit as a tank, but that's still not an excuse for DPS to not deal with them.

If you're switching Malakk between two tanks, keeping up SD and taunting after the other tank has a high stack should prevent stuns. I tend to taunt around 12 stacks on my tanking partner, since 2 extra stacks can sneak in fairly fast. Again, I wouldn't recommend tanking Malakk next to Mar'li if he's the lowest health council member, otherwise it should be fine (you're probably stacking him on Sul initially, so not really an issue).

The warrior tank was taking roughly the same tanking damage on the longer attempts, nothing really out of the ordinary (don't have time to look into the nitty-gritty, but on the surface it looks fine). It does, however, look like there's a lot of unnecessary raid damage going out that may be distracting healers from healing tanks. I noticed on a couple of attempts people DPSing themselves to death on an empowered Kazra'jin (and I'm not talking about the intentional suicide wipes), there are some random deaths from Frostbite not being properly dealt with (people were dying from a 5-stack of the debuff), and there's a decent amount of people being hit by the Kazra'jin charge.

My mantra is "mechanics first, DPS second": execute the fight properly before worrying about DPS, and if you hit enrages with proper execution people can begin to push the DPS at the risk of taking extra damage. Once those Loa spirits die and people are more consistent with executing the mechanics of the fight, council should go down very easily.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-03-29 at 02:43 PM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Thanks Exochaft for the input. Much appreciated.

I thought we change to stack all bosses on top of each other, so we can cleave them all together while having Sul the primary dps target. As for Marli healing, it's 5% hp of max hp, which is 3.745 mill every 30 secs. You need about 125k dps for 30 secs to dps that down. And since raidwide dps is about 650k, I thought it wouldnt matter that much. But our cleave dps lacked and I was disappointed at the dps for that. Also ignoring and neglecting certain mechanincs from a few players really hampered our progress. We tried it the "normal" way like you mentioned before, but it became just so hectic.

If you can see the dps didnt even switch to the shadowed loa spirit which targets players (not all). With that in mind, I thought I'd counter it like this just to raid that night at least. Otherwise we couldnt get a group together (long story). But some of the ppl there will not make it for the next round.

The main goal of this tactic was just to Sul down before he gets infused by Garajal. On our last try we actually had them, but 2 dps died with marli @ 10% and kazrajin @ 20% and he got infused by Garajal. just didnt have enough dps to bring him down before he got Empowered.

But anyway, thanks for the input. Tonight we'll get a better go at it. Just need to replace some people.

15+ Year Old Account
    since we are only getting 1 treeant in 5.3, that pretty much a 66% nerf for guardian druids, ofcourse ppl wont complain and noone uses them outside of herorics and scenaria's anyway
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    since we are only getting 1 treeant in 5.3, that pretty much a 66% nerf for guardian druids, ofcourse ppl wont complain and noone uses them outside of herorics and scenaria's anyway
    One treant, but the ability has 3 charges, 20 second recharge time and is no longer on the GCD. Works out at 3 treants per minute, but you have much more control over when they taunt, making them probably more useful than before. But if they still can't taunt bosses (seems overpowered so probably not) and still die just as fast, probably still not worth taking outside of some specific circumstances.
    Blencathra <Hexx> - Guardian Druid - Chamber of Aspects

Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    But if they still can't taunt bosses (seems overpowered so probably not) and still die just as fast, probably still not worth taking outside of some specific circumstances.
    Sadly, the specific circumstances are seemingly far and few between right now. Probably the only fight I'd even consider using them is heroic Horridon to alleviate damage or catch some adds... but sadly Incarnation still comes out pretty far ahead in my book. I could be a heartless bear and shove treants in between the boss and me, eating the damage... at least they'd get some good use. Maybe I'll gain rage if they die, then I could at least get some useful RP out of it!

Still high on my wish list: fix Bear Hug to consistently stun what any other stun ability works on.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-04-04 at 06:08 AM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    i think both pally and DK have cheat abilities, so if our treants would acutaly taunt a boss it be cool. to "avoid" 1 lethal hit or a stack of a debuff to make it drop off.
    but in thier current form they arent verry usefull,
    and yeh the RP idea is also fum
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Right now in ToT HC Dk's and Paladins can avoid or cheat certain mechanics as Elunedra says. Horridon hc can be done without boss swaps by using a paladin. Jinroks heroics debuff can be removed/avoided by a dk. Again, Tortos Hc add kiting - dk's + Monks. Megara hc, DK's have great active magic mitigation. Anyone else feeling like druids don't have an important niche right now?

15+ Year Old Account
    i heard druids are able to tank on the concil fight with high dodge, thereby avoiding the tank swap as the druid can reset the stacks of the stun debuff by dodging a few attacks
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE