Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Arielle's already checked and it's just a wording change.

Also, that's the kind of change that you just see and ignore. Everything about it screams datamining error; they're not going to give a tank permanent 40% increased healing taken, and even if they did it wouldn't need to still cost 50 rage . It also seems dramatically out of place for a simple glyph (though rdruid efflorescence does too, I guess), and would really just be a random way of trying to make that glyph useful.

Not everything on the front page is meaningful. In fact, stuff in green text like that usually aren't.

That was one of those data-mining things where I was 99.9% sure it was a tooltip change with wonky wording, since most of the datamined changes are tooltip updates. My post was more of a "what if..." rather than "omg imminent change 100% coming!"... I think we've all had enough experience to see those coming a mile away.

I'm more interested if they're going to adjust the glyph again or what future it holds. My previous post was simply poking fun that such a glyph change, if it was a change at all, would be a drastic push to make the glyph viable while still not fully selling it. Internet doesn't do wonders conveying tone beyond emoticons, and being serious all the time is just plain boring.

On the more oh-so-serious side, I'm rather curious what it would take to make the glyph more viable across the spectrum of Guardian play. With how Guardians are designed to deal with incoming damage, the current version of the glyph appears to be not useful enough beyond situations where you wouldn't need to use FR anyways... and many incarnations that would be the most obvious choice for a glyph change infringe upon other tank mitigation mechanics to the point where Blizz likely wouldn't allow it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm rather curious what it would take to make the glyph more viable across the spectrum of Guardian play.
    Making it not suck so much ass, which basically means making it stack like SD.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed in 6.0 given how much it's been shat on the entire expansion. Plus we already know SD is changing, and pretty much what it's changing to.

I still wish it was a reduced max cost/effect glyph though.

15+ Year Old Account
    oO what is SD changing to then ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Hey! I'm a raid leader and my guild is 14/14 and I've been talking with my healers about my Guardian Druid who is one of our tanks. I run a Prot Warrior and recently I went from a Mastery/high EH build to a Mastery/Crit build and my DPS has finally been able to keep up with our druid.

I'm unfamiliar with the way Guardian's work, but I understand they are similiar in the way you have options on Rage use. As a Prot War, i can choose to use SBlock/Barrier or Heroic Strike once I have enough rage. He runs a Rage build (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uljim/advanced) and after looking at last nights logs, I see his Savage Defense uptime is low. Again, I'm not familiar with Druids as much as I'd like to be, but from what I can tell Savage Defense can be used or Maul can be used, like Block or HStrike.

We're not having issues with tank deaths or anything, but we haven't touched heroics since ToT... and we're about to venture into SoO heroic next week. My question is, what type of uptime should I be looking for my Druid's buffs?

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!!

We're not having issues with tank deaths or anything, but we haven't touched heroics since ToT... and we're about to venture into SoO heroic next week. My question is, what type of uptime should I be looking for my Druid's buffs?
    http://theincbear.com/how-to-evaluate-guardian-logs

Im having a hard time keeping my DPS up. It actually seems to be getting lower every day. I'm currently putting out about 65k unbuffed on the dummy with legendary tanking/meta and a little short of 80k with legendary DPS/Meta. I am 550 ilvl or so.

In raids I'm putting out about 110k which feels low to me. Any opinions? I am Axondruid on Blackrock US.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    There's been some blue post sentiment for a while concerning avoidance mechanics for tanks and active mitigation being... well, actually mitigating something! The crux of the matter is that many issues of contention that Blizz has with tanking mechanics generally have Guardians and our toolkit in the crosshairs. That isn't to say that Guardians don't work currently, we just don't fit the idealized next generation tanking model since we don't actively mitigate anything and we're mostly about avoidance at the same time. This is pretty much why some of us believe there are major Guardian changes likely in 6.0.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Axon14 View Post
    Im having a hard time keeping my DPS up. It actually seems to be getting lower every day. I'm currently putting out about 65k unbuffed on the dummy with legendary tanking/meta and a little short of 80k with legendary DPS/Meta. I am 550 ilvl or so.

In raids I'm putting out about 110k which feels low to me. Any opinions? I am Axondruid on Blackrock US.
    This is pretty much impossible to diagnose without logs.

Speaking of logs, I noticed another little quirk that I wasn't expecting... don't worry, it's not game-breaking.

During one of our farm encounter in SoO, I decided to go a little more DPS-oriented in terms of the gear I used. To cut to the chase, my baseline crit in Bear Form was just shy of 82%, and yet I was still getting Hits with my auto-attacks. My standard gear setup has me sitting at slightly over 80% (secondary stat allocation is a little wonky with the gear I have, it's just easier to stay at that crit level), and I'm still getting several Hits with auto-attacks. I'd post my logs, but my guild doesn't allow that.

However, averaging several nights worth of logs for boss encounters, my auto-attack breakdown was roughly as follows: 76.8% crit, 22.2% glancing, 1.0% hit (no miss/dodge/parry if people were wondering). Agility procs shouldn't really affect this number if my baseline crit is over 80%, kind of curious if the glancing blow cap threshold is actually higher than I thought.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    However, averaging several nights worth of logs for boss encounters, my auto-attack breakdown was roughly as follows: 76.8% crit, 22.2% glancing, 1.0% hit (no miss/dodge/parry if people were wondering). Agility procs shouldn't really affect this number if my baseline crit is over 80%, kind of curious if the glancing blow cap threshold is actually higher than I thought.
    Lvl 92 and lower enemies. I believe the dogs on Dark Shamans are 92, as are Nazgrim adds and probably most other boss adds. I notice hits on bosses like that (e.g. on Dark shamans this week I had 3 "hits", 1 on Bloodclaw and 2 on a trash mob we missed ), whereas something like Paragons where I'm on bosses the whole time I usually have 0.

Glancing doesn't start to happen until enemies are 3 levels above you.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Lvl 92 and lower enemies. I believe the dogs on Dark Shamans are 92, as are Nazgrim adds and probably most other boss adds. I notice hits on bosses like that (e.g. on Dark shamans this week I had 3 "hits", 1 on Bloodclaw and 2 on a trash mob we missed ), whereas something like Paragons where I'm on bosses the whole time I usually have 0.

Glancing doesn't start to happen until enemies are 3 levels above you.
    I thought it might have something to do with adds/mobs not boss level, until I looked at Iron Juggernaut and had 2 Hits. Just checked our heroic Thok kill this week, and the auto-attack hits were on Thok, not the bats. Maybe it's just a WoL parsing error?
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-17 at 06:33 PM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    what i heard is that SD is gonna have some kind of an armor boost to lower the physical damage + something else

15+ Year Old Account
    yummy i love armor, however they also need to change our mastery then else we get to cap it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I just obtained Heroic Warforged polearm off Malkorok. But I already have heroic Immersius staff. Is this thing even an upgrade, concidering the amount of mastery on it?
    Armory if its needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...beary/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    what i heard is that SD is gonna have some kind of an armor boost to lower the physical damage + something else
    It should be an absorb, i don't get why they took the original SD design gave it to wars and gave us a cheap version or how wars get charge for free but we have to spec for it as bears. Should be baseline for bears but others can spec into it and for us it would be a passive movement or a heroic leap type skill.

What would make the FR glyph really nice would be if it changes it from a instant heal to a HoT.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2013-10-20 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    What would make the FR glyph really nice would be if it changes it from a instant heal to a HoT.
    There would be quite an irony since it originally was a HoT, at one point in time. However, from the prism of 5.4, the set bonus of Ursoc's Vigor would be the proving ground for such a concept. In order to keep it from getting out of control in terms of the HoT size, I'd imagine it'd act pretty similar to UV in terms of scaling... maybe not exactly since it'd be a main survival tool instead of a set bonus, but the concept is there.

I still wish it was rolled over into an absorb instead of being given to warriors, but I imagine we'd need some tweaks in how we work before Blizz would consider it at this point. Actually, quite a few things need addressed, but that's a different post/thread.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-20 at 06:20 PM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    Don't touch my FR!
    As Guardians are designed right now, I wouldn't touch it, either. That's partly why we scoff at the FR glyph, since changing how FR works could have a vast impact on how Guardians work.

Looking in the long term, if aspects of Guardian design change, FR will likely have to change with them. Part of the function of FR is to fill in that glaring gap of what do Guardians do if we can't rely on avoiding mechanics and have to eat them in the face... if that gap is fill by another ability or a change to our abilities/toolkit, FR may have to evolve into something else.

That being said, I'm completely against a total revamp of Guardians, and I'm pretty sure Blizz is, too. Blizz has mentioned countless times that they don't want players to feel like they're playing a new class every expansion, and while there are likely tanking changes to come, the core Guardian toolkit should remain on some level. Going from Cataclysm to MoP was a pretty radical shift in how we were playing bears, doing so in the next expansion would likely be frowned upon.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville