Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
    I think I've seen Arielle mention that we struggle a bit in heroic modes, particularly 25m heroic, FWIW.
    About the only thing Guardians struggle with in heroic 25man is circumventing intended mechanics or avoiding tank switching. While other tanks have active mitigation tools that can deal with higher-than-intended tank-killer mechanics (typically stuff revolving around debuffs), Guardians take most of it to the face and have to use major cooldowns to deal with it up to a certain limit. That isn't to say you can't do things like solo-tank heroic Malkorok as a Guardian, it's just not as easy as it is for other tank classes.

Be that as it may, if you die on heroic 25man as Guardian, you were either 1-shot by something you shouldn't have been hit with or you're purposefully wiping... we're pretty resilient. The beauty of FR is that it almost removes the requirement of a healer once your Vengeance is high enough.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I think I've seen Arielle mention that we struggle a bit in heroic modes, particularly 25m heroic, FWIW.
    That was ToT specifically, and only relative to Paladins and Monks which were admittedly completely broken at the time.

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

i have a question regarding our T16 4 Pc set bonus (the hot on SD and FR). Is it worth dropping this in favour of some heroic offset pieces, especially the hands from Norushen and the legs from Dark Shamans? Both would replace the normal Tier set pieces respectively.
    Furthermore, is it a good idea to forgo a WF piece in favor of a non WF piece if its itemized better (Hit Haste WF vs Crit Haste WF Belt e.g.).

Thanks a lot : )

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 set is largely forgettable, it does some healing in total on some fights but is it going to remotely save your life? No.

On another side, there are very few haste/crit leather off-pieces... probably only shoulders/helm/chest is worth replacing tier gear. if were comparing heroic vs non-heroic, id say grab the heroic piece, otherwise tier gear is probably quite decent.

The 4piece will usually heal you for 10k/sec i believe on a decent vegeance fight... dont take my word for it thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    4 set is largely forgettable, it does some healing in total on some fights but is it going to remotely save your life? No.
    In 25 yes, in 10m it's actually quite nice.

Between Yersa Gift, Jugg crystal, 4pc, and FR spam cause I'm crit capped. Takes a lot to take me down, hell solo'ed the last 10% on thok by my self on 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Between Yersa Gift, Jugg crystal, 4pc, and FR spam cause I'm crit capped. Takes a lot to take me down, hell solo'ed the last 10% on thok by my self on 10m.
    Can assure you it's all frenzied regen. Jugg's crystal is really, really bad, ysera's gift is not really a life saver, 4p is a decent hps boost thou. Frenzied regen at 60 rage will always fully heal you on thok.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Can assure you it's all frenzied regen. Jugg's crystal is really, really bad, ysera's gift is not really a life saver, 4p is a decent hps boost thou. Frenzied regen at 60 rage will always fully heal you on thok.
    Most is FR but the others are great fillers to replenish health, granted minor but all adds up over a fight. I'm always the last one to die on a wipe if i die at all cause of shadowmeld.

I like Jugg crystal, DPS is fine in my group, and never rage starved when i need it so i rather focus on self survivability and lower the amount of healer attention i need. Other trinket is Vial.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2014-05-19 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Most is FR but the others are great fillers to replenish health, granted minor but all adds up over a fight. I'm always the last one to die on a wipe if i die at all cause of shadowmeld.

I like Jugg crystal, DPS is fine in my group, and never rage starved when i need it so i rather focus on self survivability and lower the amount of healer attention i need. Other trinket is Vial.

it's still a really terrible trinket, it wont affect the amount of attention healers give to you, it will heal you for 500k on a 5min fight max, which isnt even half your hp, and its so spread out nobody will ever notice..

More dps is never bad, but you could always use hubris or rook's trinket if you want more survival. I like ticking ebon detonator, because when it procs you reach 85% dodge with savage defense and its a mix of dps/survival (I think the mastery is about 2% damage reduction when you reforge out of it.. not sure.) Haromm is a decent amount of dodge as well when it procs.. on top of being the best bear dps trinket.

But seriously.. dont use the iron juggernaut trinket, its a lot worse than you can ever imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

I just got some kind of Agility gear for my Druid and decided to go for Feral/Guardian after long break. But I'd like to ask that am I the gearing (gems) correctly? My friend just said that my health is quite low, but I believe that's due having awful gear currently. Here's my armory.

I followed Ask Mr Robot's guiding with "Rage Build" since my friend insisted me to go with it. But I'm wondering if I should have gone with the "Mitigation Build" instead?

Gem crit everywhere while gettingn socket bonuses. You have some expertise gems, try replacing them with crit gems and get the expertise you need by reforging away from mastery>Haste into expertise first.

A stat priority of 7.5%hit=15%exp>crit>haste>mastery is the way to go, you can handle all damage that way and do amazing dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem crit everywhere while gettingn socket bonuses. You have some expertise gems, try replacing them with crit gems and get the expertise you need by reforging away from mastery>Haste into expertise first.
    Yeah, AMR told me to put few expertise gems in my gear to "reach" the Expertise cap. :/

But, I guess it's overall okay - will be easier to play with stats once I reach higher equipment levels. Currently it's a bit... messy as I just tried to obtain Agility gear from pretty much any source to get the gear fast. Not really fan of the under 500 item level pieces, but oh well... RNG is RNG.

Expertise gems are fine since they have the same budget as Crit gems. AMR and other reforge programs give the mathematically best option given the stat weights you put in so when Expertise gems are used it's fairly safe to say that they are being used properly.

AMR's default weights are totally wrong. If you set them to something resembling accurate then yeah, it works pretty good.

Going to start tanking 25H-SoO soon so was looking for some bear specific tips to dealing with the new mechanics for the bosses.

My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abear/advanced

Raid buffed I'm at 78.98% crit at 1.1M hp's

Don't think there is too much, here's what i can think of:

Fallen protectors: try to get all 3 stacked for berserk aoe
    Iron juggernaut: you can charge the mines when its your turn to grab them. Best way to charge at them is to charge while midair. Keep some rage from boss to heal yourself between each mine.
    Nazgrim: use barkskin on the second execute every time its your turn to tank. Bear hug is great if you end up tanking some adds
    Thok: Frenzied regen will easily heal for your full hp, you dont even need 60 rage to full yourself, but dont go easy on savage defense
    Paragons: Get the rikkal buff, go scorpion form, go batshit insane with dps, try to coordinate some external cooldowns, make sure to use might of ursoc and nature's vigil before shifting.

I know that when Buraan and Danish swapped they didn't change much, if anything. The tank mechanics are virtually identical, it's just the raid strat that changes.

With the extra upgrades would it be worth dropping 2/4pc in favor of Heroic WF instead.

25H group

If you can grab 3 hwf pieces with crit, feel free to drop 4p... more stats is always welcome, and if you have that much hwf gear... tanking siege is probably faceroll enough, might as well do more dps. 2P is pretty bad so i wouldnt be scared about dropping it... you already have 100% savage defense uptime in most fights anyways, since almost every fight is a taunt swap fight.