Can you change crafts after you have already chosen?

I want to change one of my two crafts but I don't think it is possible. I don't have any points in either one.. Do I have to delete my character and start over?

You can. Talk to the trainer for the craft you want and ask them to teach you. They'll say you already have two but can deactivate one (saving progress but costing more to re-learn later) to learn the new one.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-31 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo

Oh that is awesome. Thx for your help

Keep also in mind that the one you are deactivating is not lost. All recipies you knew are still there and you can reactivate for a fee in the future. Theoretically you can max out all professions in 1 character.

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    Keep also in mind that the one you are deactivating is not lost. All recipies you knew are still there and you can reactivate for a fee in the future. Theoretically you can max out all professions in 1 character.
    I did say progress was saved, you know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    You can. Talk to the trainer for the craft you want and ask them to teach you. They'll say you already have two but can deactivate one (saving progress but costing more to re-learn later) to learn the new one.
    What does 'costing more' mean in numbers?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I've only done it once but the cost to reactivate the craft I had before was about 1.5 silver. I'm not sure what the cost for the initial training is (if any, never paid attention) and I'm not sure if it increases the more you deactivate/reactivate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    It means say your "relearning" a craft that's level 10 it will cost say 30c, while as say your "relearning" a craft that's at level 398 it may cost about 50s... not sure if it raises linearly per level or increases exponentially per level, but either way the cost is going to be enough to where you don't want to switch 20x back to back to gear up multiple alts, but not so high you don't want to switch if your wanting a very specific thing for an alt.