Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Every time i join a raid instance (-> IN the instance) i get little "lags/stutters" as long as i have hermes enabled. Relog doesn't help. Disabling the addon does. Do you have any idea why that happens? Hermes is a great addon and I'm very happy that you do all this work trying to keep it alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Thanks for the update!!
    You're welcome!

Yesterday i used it and worked fine. Just found a small problem were enhancement shaman was detected as shaman healer (i guess) because hermes was reporting him to have spirit link totem and Mana Tide Totem.
    Yup. I noticed this behavior too. Thanks for mentioning it! I've uploaded a fix.

Download Link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-4-7-gafa3086/

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimcow View Post
    Every time i join a raid instance (-> IN the instance) i get little "lags/stutters" as long as i have hermes enabled. Relog doesn't help. Disabling the addon does. Do you have any idea why that happens? Hermes is a great addon and I'm very happy that you do all this work trying to keep it alive!
    Hey, Grim. Would you mind downloading the latest version and letting me know if you see the same behavior? I believe I cleaned up a lot of the chattiness that was happening earlier this week.

Download the most recent version here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-4-7-gafa3086/

Please let me know if you still see those "lags spikes" from Hermes. I would love to be sure I get that fixed. I just don't notice it on my machine.
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-20 at 02:15 PM.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

When I download this new version it goes into my addon folder but my game isn't actually picking it up. Like it's under with all the addons but when I log in the addon isn't located anywhere and same with the character selection addons screen.

Any idea why?? I used to love this addon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    When I download this new version it goes into my addon folder but my game isn't actually picking it up. Like it's under with all the addons but when I log in the addon isn't located anywhere and same with the character selection addons screen.

Any idea why?? I used to love this addon
    You need to pull the <Hermes> and <Hermes-UI> folders inside the hermes folder out to your AddOns folders so you have a structure of
    \Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.toc
    \Interface\AddOns\Hermes-UI\Hermes-UI.toc
    It's a packaging problem.

Deleted
    Haha I completely miss-read the title, I thought you were on about this.

Thx for the reply virtual. I used the (at that time) newest version available. I've updated just now, but won't raid again until sunday. I'll check for updates again before the raid and post my experiences here.

Update

I finally got the Hermes package fixed up and deployed out to the Curse Client for the masses! Overall, I think the latest version is pretty stable. Thanks to everyone in the forum who helped report bugs.

As always, if you come across any issues moving forward please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimcow
    Thx for the reply virtual. I used the (at that time) newest version available. I've updated just now, but won't raid again until sunday. I'll check for updates again before the raid and post my experiences here.
    You should be able to use the Curse Client now to check for the latest updates.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

Deleted
    Hey Virtual,

I did a full DS clean with my guild. I used Hermes (last alpha version from curseforge X-Curse-Packaged-Version: v2.4-7-gafa3086) only with SpellMonitor as no one use it but me.

I got several issues that i didn't resolve :

- I did a full reset twice, and everytime the scanning was VERY long, I know you removed some performance, but that was REALLY long
    - When the scanning is done, all the buttons on the SpellMonitor tab are green. If I remember well, they shouldn't be clickable ? It can be confusing as I don't know if spells metadata are up to date
    - Even after reload / relog, some people didn't seem to be scanned (a shadow priest had holy & disc timers, an amelio had SLT, an Holy pal had Divine Guardian)
    - Talents/Spe didn't seem to be considered for the cooldown (Tranq for a resto druid has the same cooldown as a boomkin)
    - I tried to review the requirements for some spells, and each time I had an LUA error and a grey screen (had to reload to get the spells tab readable)
    Heres the issue:

Code:
    1x Hermes\Hermes-v2.4-7-gafa3086.lua:3342: attempt to index field "trees" (a nil value)
    Hermes

\Hermes-v2.4-7-gafa3086.lua:3342: in function <Hermes\Hermes.lua:3330>
    Hermes\Hermes-v2.4-7-

gafa3086.lua:3652: in function "BlizOptionsTable_SpellRequirements"
    Hermes\Hermes-v2.4-7-

gafa3086.lua:5046: in function "BlizOptionsTable_Spells"
    Hermes\Hermes-v2.4-7-gafa3086.lua:5295: in 

function <Hermes\Hermes.lua:5292>
    (tail call): ?
    <in C code>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[3]":9: in 

function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[3]":5
    AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-

57.lua:799: in function <AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:614>
    <in C code>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[4]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[4]":5
    (tail 

call): ?
    Ace3-Release-r1061\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-33.lua:314: in function "Fire"
    Ace3-Release-

r1061\20AceGUI-3.0-33\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:28: in function <Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets

\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:25>

To start, thanks so much for reporting all the issues. I'll put them at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    I did a full reset twice, and everytime the scanning was VERY long, I know you removed some performance, but that was REALLY long
    I will definitely do some performance analysis soon and try to figure this out. My apologies for the slowness.

When the scanning is done, all the buttons on the SpellMonitor tab are green. If I remember well, they shouldn't be clickable ? It can be confusing as I don't know if spells metadata are up to date
    If you happen to see this again would you send me a screen shot? Are you using the Default Hermes-UI plugin? Or one of the UI Plugins? I haven't had time yet to make it down in to the other UI plugins so they could very well be broken.

Even after reload / relog, some people didn't seem to be scanned (a shadow priest had holy & disc timers, an amelio had SLT, an Holy pal had Divine Guardian)
    This sounds like you might have an issue with your Spell Monitor cache. Divine Guardian is no longer a valid spell at all. I would highly recommend you do a "Full Reset" on your Spell Monitor Cache (under the Maintenance tab). As well as, completely resetting your Profile on the Profiles tab.

I know it's a bit extreme resetting everything and I should probably find a programmatic way to accomplish this so that people don't have to do it manually, but my main focus has been on just getting the addon to function properly.

Talents/Spe didn't seem to be considered for the cooldown (Tranq for a resto druid has the same cooldown as a boomkin)
    This is one of the things I tested and was positive is working (tranq CD for resto druids). I'm fairly positive that it's working and I believe if you Reset all your cache (mentioned above) it should resolve your issue.

I tried to review the requirements for some spells, and each time I had an LUA error and a grey screen (had to reload to get the spells tab readable)
    Yup. The UI is the next place that I'm heading to get fixed up. Currently, all the UI is still pointed at a lot of the old world API and I'll be heading that direction later this week. Thanks so much for posting the error log below. It will be a good starting point.

Deleted
    Hey !

I got your last released version (v2.4.40) and just did a 10men raid.

I got no LUA error while viewing Spell monitor details (requirement and such). That's great

I did a full reset once again and I think it was really faster than before, you did change something in spell detection ? Can you add a message to announce when all spells has been refreshed ?
    After that, every of my spell definitions were on v50001.4 (but buttons were still clikable, confusing imo).

Following your advice, I deleted all my previous profiles and restarted from nothing.

On my raid, I was grouped with a resto druid, after casting his Tranq, timer was still on 8min I reviewed the Spell monitor requirement and there was timer -300 if specced Restoration.
    I don't know why it is not working.
    Other than that, everything was working.
    Last edited by mmoce944b830a8; 2012-09-24 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the updates! Today i've been in a raid again and after a full reset the enhancement shaman is still appearing with mana tide totem.
    regards!

I got no LUA error while viewing Spell monitor details (requirement and such). That's great
    Glad to hear you didn't have any problems!

I did a full reset once again and I think it was really faster than before, you did change something in spell detection ? Can you add a message to announce when all spells has been refreshed ?
    I did change up a few things. There was a lot of chatter going on that needed to be cleaned up. Did some more work on caching certain calls and swapped to a more recent 5.0 talent library. All of which helped increase the performance.

There should be a message that is output to the chat window whenever the spell list is refreshed. I just felt like clicking the popup message was an extra step that was just a bit unnecessary, but I'd be willing to consider alternatives ideas.

After that, every of my spell definitions were on v50001.4 (but buttons were still clikable, confusing imo).
    I'll look in to this.

On my raid, I was grouped with a resto druid, after casting his Tranq, timer was still on 8min I reviewed the Spell monitor requirement and there was timer -300 if specced Restoration.
    I've confirmed this as well. I've been really digging in to the code and trying to figure out what's happening. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck yet. From what I can find it looks like it should be working, but apparently it just isn't.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:11 PM ----------

Thanks for the updates!
    No problem!

Today i've been in a raid again and after a full reset the enhancement shaman is still appearing with mana tide totem.
    I'll investigate and update accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up!

I raid tonight and just realized I haven't actually got into a raid to make sure Hermes is functioning. Would somebody be so kind as to confirm that it is indeed working?

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 03:18 AM ----------

The addon was not functioning for me tonight in Mogu'shan Vaults =(

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    The addon was not functioning for me tonight in Mogu'shan Vaults =(

Was there a specific error you were seeing? Cooldown that wasn't working? I've been using it pretty consistently without any problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    Was there a specific error you were seeing? Cooldown that wasn't working? I've been using it pretty consistently without any problems so far.
    It wasn't showing up at all, which seemed odd since it had been functioning fine since 5.0. I assumed it had just broken, but I decided to uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, and it was operational again, so sorry for misspeaking (or speaking to soon).

There still were some instances where it wasn't properly tracking cooldowns. Specifcally:
    - Spirit Link Totem for resto shaman (had to manually inspect their spec for it to start tracking, then would randomly stop tracking in the middle of an encounter)
    - Ironbark for resto druids (again, had to manual inspect for it to track)
    - Demoralizing banner for warriors (I had previously got it to track this, but can't seem to make it happen now)
    - 8 min cooldown for resto tranquilities (same for Divine Hymn now that I think about it)
    - If I would die, or a player with cooldowns would die it would stop tracking (if it was me that died it would lose track of almost all CD timers)

Thank you so much for getting this addon back up and working though, very appreciative!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    There still were some instances where it wasn't properly tracking cooldowns. Specifcally:
    - Spirit Link Totem for resto shaman (had to manually inspect their spec for it to start tracking, then would randomly stop tracking in the middle of an encounter)
    - Ironbark for resto druids (again, had to manual inspect for it to track)
    - Demoralizing banner for warriors (I had previously got it to track this, but can't seem to make it happen now)
    - 8 min cooldown for resto tranquilities (same for Divine Hymn now that I think about it)
    - If I would die, or a player with cooldowns would die it would stop tracking (if it was me that died it would lose track of almost all CD timers)
    Thank you for reporting the issues! It's much appreciated. I'll look in to these and let you know what I find.

Deleted
    Hey !

I was in a MV raid yesterday. Here's the results :
    - still no timer reduction for resto druid
    - I play a prot war, and my Rallying cry wasn't showing

Other than that, everything was working pretty well!

Deleted
    Hey, trying to resurrect and give some more feedbacks. I dont know if I should post a ticket on curse or what.

- I wanted to add "Life Cocoon" for Mistweaver Monks (heals). I added a requirement on the spec, but it didn't work (showed a timer for every monks in my raid : tank / dps / heal).

- With the Clemency Paladin talent, they've got a double stack on their Hand of Sacrifice (like double roll or double charge, each stack has its proper cooldown). But when they use the first stack, Hermes show the cooldown for this stack, and I'm not aware of the availability of the second one. Anyway to track this and show 2 timers for each paladin using this talent ?

- When a member change a talent (in my case, a warrior talenting into Vigilance), hermes doesn't seem to catch the event and do not refresh (i'm watching Vigilance). I had to reload and thus force a recheck of my raid.

Thanks for your work Virtual. I hope you still watch this thread !

still no timer reduction for resto druid
    I keep hearing about this, but for the life of me I've been unable to reproduce it. I had fixed a bug where two people with the Hermes addon would encounter this issue, but I have been unsuccessful at recreating it in any other shape. I will try a bit harder this weekend.

I play a prot war, and my Rallying cry wasn't showing
    Just to be specific. Are you saying that the "Rallying Cry" spell isn't showing up in your list of spells to track? Or that the tracking of the spell isn't being tracked correctly when you pop the cooldown?

I believe I added Rallying Cry to the default list of spells, but I'll double check to make sure I'm not lying. Try and make sure that you have the latest version of the addon as well; which I'm sure you do.

I wanted to add "Life Cocoon" for Mistweaver Monks (heals). I added a requirement on the spec, but it didn't work (showed a timer for every monks in my raid : tank / dps / heal).
    I might have the Monk specialization id's messed up or something. I'll double check this and see if I can find a Monk to test everything with.

With the Clemency Paladin talent, they've got a double stack on their Hand of Sacrifice (like double roll or double charge, each stack has its proper cooldown). But when they use the first stack, Hermes show the cooldown for this stack, and I'm not aware of the availability of the second one. Anyway to track this and show 2 timers for each paladin using this talent ?
    Unfortunately, Hermes does not yet have support for these types of Talents or Glyphs just yet. This is going to be one of the new features that I'll be adding in, but I've been pretty busy lately and just trying to ensure all the current bugs are removed before moving on to adding "new" features.

When a member change a talent (in my case, a warrior talenting into Vigilance), hermes doesn't seem to catch the event and do not refresh (i'm watching Vigilance). I had to reload and thus force a recheck of my raid.
    This might be a key point to the Druid resto bug. I believe what is happening is that these specialization swaps are not being handled correctly. I will try to find a way to reproduce this issue and get it resolved. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks for your work Virtual. I hope you still watch this thread !
    I do.

Thanks again for reporting everything. I'll take a look this weekend.

Wanted to say thank you again for taking Hermes on and updating it. It makes raiding so much easier for me as I have to call out for cooldowns.

Again, thank you much!