• tried it, given up

46 8.42%
  • Did not try it, not going to

157 28.75%

Thread: So I quit GW2

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

So I quit GW2

That's it. I tried. Tried to level different classes an all that but I just can't do this.
    This game is aimed at a very very very particular niche. Here is my list:

1) If there are no people around while levelling, most events will be impossible

2) Crafting is the biggest grind ever conceived.

3) No endgame ( I have not been there but reading 200 hours just to get "one" legendary, this game is clearly not for people with families or jobs.

4) Your character never feels powerful because of the too stupid forced level-down

5) WvW is very poorly planned. It just sucks. Say what you will. Anything where I have to spend close to half the time doing gy runs is poorly planned.

6) Auction House, a very basic thing is still down (say what you will, this is a major major fail)

7) If a MMO maker can not understand that it needs to give people time to learn the game, it can burn in hell imo. I got mrs to play the game, she dies so many times leveling to level 10, she gave up. I said it once and say it again level 1-15 should be easy, learner level.

8) Even in single player ares the mob spawn rates are so retarded it's not funny. You can not do a discovery at yer level because by the time u kill the second mob blocking yer path the first is alive and so forth..

Hell even I died tons after rolling an ele because people had moved on and in many events there was no one except me to do them. These event were not even marked as group. You may call me a bad player but ffs, I am level 7 ele and never played GW1. If I wanted a massive challenge, I'd enrol in a PhD. I dnt need games to be a pain in the arse (not from get go a least), it's a grind fest at end game too. I want games to be fun. So long GW2. Adios. pander to the grinders.
    Last edited by igame; 2012-08-31 at 11:07 AM.

Basically the same for me here... GW2 is a big disappointment.

1) Ha! You know this for a fact?
    2) It is easier than crafting was in Vanilla and TBC WoW... so yea...
    3) Good to judge on what random people say.
    4) You don't notice a difference from level 10 and level 30 put down to level 10? I sure do.
    5) I disagree. If you upgrade your keeps you will spend less time doing GY runs.
    6) I agree, it is a problem.
    7) Ok?

So you are whining that a game is actually difficult to level in, and challenging, then arguing that there is no endgame?

The only legitimate complaint I see here is the AH still being down.

YES YES YES more free space on already over populated servers. Thanks guys and enjoy MoP

Thanks for at least taking the time to make this thread, you will be sorely missed by the GW2 community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    7) If a MMO maker can not understand that it needs to give people time to learn the game, it can burn in hell imo. I got mrs to play the game, she dies so many times leveling to level 10, she gave up. I said it once and say it again level 1-15 should be easy, learner level.

Hell even I died tons after rolling an ele because people had moved on and in many events there was no one except me to do them. These event were not even marked as group. You may call me a bad player but ffs, I am level 7 ele and never played GW1. If I wanted a massive challenge, I'd enrol in a PhD. I dnt need games to be a pain in the arse (not from get go a least), it's a grind fest at end game too. I want games to be fun. So long GW2. Adios. pander to the grinders.
    If the first few levels is very easy they don't learn how they need to play their character before the harder zones as things will die anyways if they just stand there spamming abilities letting the mobs hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    YES YES YES more free space on already over populated servers. Thanks guys and enjoy MoP
    My Cousin just got payed and was planning to buy the game today but they have stopped online sales So hoping more people like this quit so they reopen sales on the guild wars 2 site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Then learn her to DODGE out of the way.
    I feel like this could easily be a meme.

Deleted
    /lol at all the angry gw2 nerds bashing this thread xDD

1) Try to get some friends. Don't you have some?
    2) It's an MMO.
    3) Don't do legendaries, nobody forces you.
    4) I see, you like to clear BRD when you're lvl 150. Good for you.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

Well the only thing listed there that I agree with is number 6.

Other than that, I'm having a blast. Probably my most unproductive week ever due to a video game. Hopefully you'll find a game that you'll enjoy.

Deleted
    Well if you don't like it you don't!
    Enjoy Mop i'd say

If your girlfriend or wife dies so much she is clearly doing something wrong.
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-31 at 10:55 AM.

I definately regret buyin GW2. It's good to hear I'm not alone in this and the game actually is a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    That's it. I tried. Tried to level different classes an all that but I just can't do this.
    This game is aimed at a very very very particular niche. Here is my list:

1) If there are no people around while levelling, most events will be impossible
    I can see this if you are playing a squishy, but my warrior can take down even champions alone. Events scale to you, so you SHOULD be able to complete them alone.

2) Crafting is the biggest grind ever conceived.
    I haven't crafted much, but everyone in my guild has loved it so far. I'd suggest checking some guides on the most efficient methods. Also be sure to collect EVERY resource you see and always carry salvage kits. Click the gear in your inventory and 'deposit collectibles' to easily bank your materials.

3) No endgame ( I have not been there but reading 200 hours just to get "one" legendary, this game is clearly not for people with families or jobs.
    Wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. See this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ame-*SPOILERS*

4) Your character never feels powerful because of the too stupid forced level-down
    So you would rather one shot everything in starter zones? Alright then. I prefer the constantly challenging gameplay. I'd say you always feel more powerful because as you progress, your damage DOES increase substantially. Just keep going into higher level zones and you'll feel it too.

5) WvW is very poorly planned. It just sucks. Say what you will. Anything where I have to spend close to half the time doing gy runs is poorly planned.
    Kind of agree here... I very much prefer sPvP. WvW needs mounts, or at least a system of 'roles' like gatherers, builders, etc.

6) Auction House, a very basic thing is still down (say what you will, this is a major major fail)
    It was up last night. AH servers are apparently very difficult to get running smoothly when one million people are trying to access it simultaneously. Diablo 3 took weeks to get it straightened out, don't complain if this is the only thing not working a mere 3 days after launch.

The entire philosophy of the starter/tutorial zones is just this... You get skills one at a time so you learn them all, and if you can't handle that... well I honestly don't know what to tell you. I haven't heard a single person say this game is too hard.

BS on this one. The starter zones are still PACKED. If you are in a not-so-crowded overflow server, wait until you get into the main server. They are designed to always be 100% full.
    Seriously, just play the game, you will get better at it, and you will enjoy it. It isn't at all a 'niche' game, it is designed to be an MMO for people who don't like normal MMOs!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    1) Ha! You know this for a fact?
    2) It is easier than crafting was in Vanilla and TBC WoW... so yea...
    3) Good to judge on what random people say.
    4) You don't notice a difference from level 10 and level 30 put down to level 10? I sure do.
    5) I disagree. If you upgrade your keeps you will spend less time doing GY runs.
    6) I agree, it is a problem.
    7) Ok?

So you are whining that a game is actually difficult to level in, and challenging, then arguing that there is no endgame?

The only legitimate complaint I see here is the AH still being down.
    Dude, I like GW2, but be real.

1. Yes, it will be a fact that many (though not all) of the events will be impossible without people. It should be obvious if you've ever tried one.
    2. Uh... no. Crafting in GW2 is far, far more complicated than WoW ever was (I'm not sure if I like that or not at this point).
    3. I agree with you here - it's silly to say there's no end game this early after launch.
    4. I love the "level down", it keeps things far closer to fair and makes it much more about skill than gear.
    5. This is just personal preference, I think.
    6. I love the AH in WoW, but didn't actually plan on using it much in GW2, but yes, it should be up and running.
    7. I don't know how on earth you can die more than once or twice tops getting to level 10, but then again, I haven't seen my wife play yet either. I suspect the biggest problem is the shift away from the "stand and press buttons" paradigm. You do that and yes, you will probably die. Move around even a little and your chance of dying drops to near zero.

@OP

Sorry you didn't like it, and as a guy who usually plays with his wife as well, I know that it sucks even more that she doesn't. Hope you find something you both enjoy.

Deleted
    I have it, but don't like it.

Critical bugs and irresponsible work of developers so far making me hate this game - if there is a bug with server transferring that shut down your account for ~12 hours, why they did not warned anyone? Or disabled this option until they do something with it? Their PR is awful, and still - people love them (not sure why), even if class of underdeveloping GW2 is at last at the D3 level.

I won't say, that UI is hard to understand, because I think that in plenty of weeks I'll used to it, but some things are really... annoying. Why I can't use all spells, but only those for my weapons? I found this irritating and won't say that I will have fun from playing, if I will be still connected to the same skills without possibility to make a proper build.

Also, I am worried about lack of pve endgame. I don't like pvp, and when only things I can do, when I hit end level are 5-mans and LFR-like events, I can't say I will play it longer.

@OP once u get the hang of the game you will love, unfortunately too many players including myself that only used to play wow became bad at other games because everything is just too easy in wow now. Obv TBC was different which was when wow peaked but if u carried on playing after that u become gamer unintelligent.

Variety is the spice of life, look for some starter guides that explain everything to help u on ur way.

I haven't formed an opinion yet. I'm liking it so far, but I haven't played it nearly enough to get a feel on it. It hasn't made me want to play it 100% of the time like WoW did when I started out on there - but then with WoW I was going through a bad patch in life and it was the outlet I needed.

I don't dislike it at least. I am enjoying the combat as an Engineer. The weekend is where I will have enough time to properly explore it.

And here is thread number 3, look at that

Deleted
    The innecesary bashing on the op is staggering, he might have opened a thread when he shouldn't but it's his opinion, he provides his points and you might or not agree with him, but god, there is no need to insult his wife's skill.

If you find GW2 to be of your liking, enjoy it, don't come here to defend it, the guys who are making these threads won't change their opinion due to some random people telling them they're wrong, and even less when they come to his thread and bash him endlessly.

OT: I've not played the game but i've liked most of the info that i've been given. Sadly, I don0t have enough time to try new games. Might consider buying it at a later date if I somehow manage to have more free time.
    Last edited by mmoc3af83c8de6; 2012-08-31 at 10:59 AM.