Thread: account hacked

Deleted

account hacked

So I just got the email saying my email has changed for guild wars but I didn't change it so I tried to login and I couldn't login so what should I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgoose View Post
    So I just got the email saying my email has changed for guild wars but I didn't change it so I tried to login and I couldn't login so what should I do now?
    contact a.net costumer support. If you have the cd keys for your original GW1 games and the credit card you paid for GW2 with I bet you can convince them of your authenticity of ownership.

I hope the OP didn't click the link in the email

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I hope the OP didn't click the link in the email
    Sounds more like he got the legit "You changed your e-mail" thing from ANet since he has tried to log on before going to customer support (Which is where the fake emails pretend to take you to).

you would have gotten an email from arena net telling you how to fix it. They put in extensive provisions to safeguard against this

Account security - Hackers are systematically scanning email addresses and passwords harvested from other games, web sites, and trojans to see if they match Guild Wars 2 accounts. We're taking a number of steps to protect our players from this, listed below, but we need your help too. To protect your account, make sure you use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else. If your password isn't strong and unique, change it right now. For the highest level of protection, also create a unique email address to use solely for Guild Wars 2.

Here are the things we're doing to protect your accounts.

We have the "password reset" feature temporarily disabled. If you need to reset your password, contact our customer support team.

We now have email authentication turned on for all players with verified email addresses. With this feature, even if someone guesses your password, when he tries to login from a location that you've never logged in from before, you'll have an opportunity to approve or disapprove of the login through an email check.

We've noticed that hackers who discover a working email address and password combination don't always immediately exploit the compromised account. We sent email to everyone whose account has been suspiciously logged into asking them to immediately change their email address and password.

We will also be sending email to all customers whose accounts have been unsuccessfully tested by hackers. We strongly recommend that these customers create a new, unique email address for their account.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath