Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, anything forum wise is a BAD idea nowadays, this site being for the most part a very rare exception. Just look at the WoW general forums as a case in point. It is a prime example why people on the internet are largely horrible, horrible people. Look at what the blues have to deal with.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Don´t go on forums then.
    Seriously, the community in GW 2, at least up till now, is extremely awesome and nice.

Forums these days are simply a herding place for trolls, I actually only still have mmo champ bookmarked becasue the posts of trolls, haters, idiots and fanbois here are always hilarious.
    This happens with every game now, on nearly every forum. Gamers - MMO players especially - are incapable of posting anything that isn't pure hyperbolic vitriol.

On one hand it's funny to see the great lengths people go to to trash a product that's barely 3 days old, and something they don't understand on even the most basic level. On the other hand it's sad to see how petty and malicious people can be.

The only solution is to stay very very far away from forums.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-08-31 at 04:45 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

WoW still wins the Oscar for most fanboys ever. I honestly think 40-50% of WoW players actually believe WoW was the first MMO. Because they always credit WoW with all these innovative things when saying that new MMOs arent coming up with anything new and are just copying WoW even though games like EQ, UO, and DAoC were doing those things 5+ years before WoW was even released.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-31 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Small majority.

The ones having funs are the ones playing the game, not trolling forums proclaiming it as a salvation to MMO Forums.

I'm lv 22 on my Engineer, and I have never seen any douchebags *well appart from macro/bot users*. There is the typical /2 chat in Maps. But that's nothing too tragic.
    People help each other, and work together for experience and to sell things, etc. A good sense of community, imo.
    ^^ this

Just enjoy the game ignore the occasional retard in GW2 (have yet to see one) and stay away from forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a boring post.

You just need to take the good with the bad. The reporting feature in-game is very handy to try and keep map trolls under control. But for the most part, play the game, see what is the good/bad from your perspective. And enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    I really wanted to try GW nxt Month, when i get a new graphicscard, but now i am not that sure about that game anymore.

The problem is not the game itself, its the fanboys posting everywhere shit. There was a thread about hairclippings and everyone just went apeshit flaming the TO to hell.

I mean ... i just dont want to play with that many idiotic scumbags. there is nothing wrong with bugs, but when a horde of apes comes around and bragging about how cool that game is and what an idiot the one is who complains about bugs ... i dont get it! be happy that the hair is the only thing he had to complain about ... that means all the other things are done right! or not?

The other thing is, that all the time a new game comes out, everyone has that special need, to tell all the world how shitty all other games are ... especialy WoW! I love WoW and i think its a huge thing for any other MMO to be compared to it. Now all the time a new MMO comes out everyone is just "Rift is so cool WoW sucks hard" "SWToR is the bestestest Game EVOR! Fuck that shitty WoW" "GW2 is that revolution the MMO Genre needed! MoP is just for little Kung Fu Panda Fans"

Thats just .... tooo much! everytime i read stuff like this, i know that nothing special is about this new game. Just stop it! When the game is good, tell others about it! Tell them, its even better than WoW! BUT STOP TELLING EVERYWHERE "WoW is bullshit, because GW2 is better" ...
    I'm just saying but if you want to avoid idiots, jerks, and fanboys your probably gonna have to quit all games everywhere. I've even seen people get excites and elitist over chess, he'll play candy land with enough people and someone's gonna end up being a dick at some point.. So in reallity it's not GW2 and it's not new games, it is all games or anything someone can be passionate about (hell just look at about any religion)

And you talk about it like there's suddenly jerks in GW2? Seriously? I know WoW is mostly a single player game now but there's no way you can play it for any amount of time and tell me most of the community are not exactly the same, the only difference is they sit around complaining about wow all day instead of telling other people how great it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    I'm just saying but if you want to avoid idiots, jerks, and fanboys your probably gonna have to quit all games everywhere.
    Coming up playing Ultima Online, Everquest, and Dark Age of Camelot none of those games had fanboys. They all had mature communities. Well some EQ servers had lots of guild drama but thats expected when theres no instancing and all bosses are free for alls.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-31 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    WoW still wins the Oscar for most fanboys ever. I honestly think 40-50% of WoW players actually believe WoW was the first MMO. Because they always credit WoW with all these innovative things when saying that new MMOs arent coming up with anything new and are just copying WoW even though games like EQ, UO, and DAoC were doing those things 5+ years before WoW was even released.
    Perhaps WoW has the most fanboys, but compared to GW 2 they are relatively tame. Quality>Quantity. WoW fanboys think their game is the best, GW2 fanboys think everything else is shit.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-08-31 at 05:32 PM.

Forums are typically filled with very opinionated vocal minorities and should not be taken as an example for the actual game community.

Deleted
    I really wanted to try GW nxt Month, when i get a new graphicscard, but now i am not that sure about that game anymore.

The problem is not the game itself, its the fanboys posting everywhere shit. There was a thread about hairclippings and everyone just went apeshit flaming the TO to hell.

I mean ... i just dont want to play with that many idiotic scumbags. there is nothing wrong with bugs, but when a horde of apes comes around and bragging about how cool that game is and what an idiot the one is who complains about bugs ... i dont get it! be happy that the hair is the only thing he had to complain about ... that means all the other things are done right! or not?

The other thing is, that all the time a new game comes out, everyone has that special need, to tell all the world how shitty all other games are ... especialy WoW! I love WoW and i think its a huge thing for any other MMO to be compared to it. Now all the time a new MMO comes out everyone is just "Rift is so cool WoW sucks hard" "SWToR is the bestestest Game EVOR! Fuck that shitty WoW" "GW2 is that revolution the MMO Genre needed! MoP is just for little Kung Fu Panda Fans"

Thats just .... tooo much! everytime i read stuff like this, i know that nothing special is about this new game. Just stop it! When the game is good, tell others about it! Tell them, its even better than WoW! BUT STOP TELLING EVERYWHERE "WoW is bullshit, because GW2 is better" ...
    When a game resemble WoW , its an wow clone ...
    When a game dont have have the same things as wow , ppl go apeshit .... telling the game will fail(8 months still no raid update and ppl play .... is it addiction or ppl love to find old cosmetic gear , while in gw2 is bad ?) ....
    I mean Wtf !
    Are humanity this moronic ? ...
    Before u judge others .... judge ur <<kind>> first ....
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-31 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    =\

Why do you care about other people? Stop worrying about what everybody else is saying or doing, and just do what you wanna do, and make up your own mind.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

I find this post funny because WoW is FILLED with idiotic morons.

GW2 is a good game but it needs parts of it fixed. Its new, give it a chance. But please dont post this crap about how GW has fanboys and what not when EVERY game has fanboys.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Its in game too. Go type into chat in a populated area a critique about an obvious flaw in GW2 and watch the attacks begin. It's almost as bad as SWTOR with fanboys.

As for the WoW Fanboy counter argument; I dont see this happening in WoW. People will jump on the hate bandwagon about some bullshit in WoW pretty quickly. Mages anyone? I dont see people in general or trade chat defending blizzard blindly. As if their design is infallible. I see that in GW2.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-08-31 at 06:09 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it happen in WoW too, actually - the difference is that trade chat is also filled with trolls who like to mess with your head while they wait for their dungeon queue.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    You will find trolls and nasty people in most online games these days, however i have not encountered many at all, going from level 1 to 24 i can count those i seen on 1 hand.

Last I checked, WoW has those same kinds of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Forums are the place where trolls go because they're afraid if they start trolling in chat they'll get banned or something, it's pretty fun.

No offense, but this has to be the dumbest post ever.

What you are doing is the exact same thing as the fanboys promoting their choice of "best MMO ever".

As for the topic, I doubt any game could beat WoW, simply because it's got a history of everything you've done(achievements), it's tough to let those go especially when you've made countless friends within the game, and it's impossible to have all those friends quit WoW for a new game.

I haven't been playing at all other than logging on to chat with friends in game and on vent, life is tough and if you have time to care what trolls want to say then you should rather spend more time playing your choice of favorite game.

This hasn't gone in the best direction, so I'm going to close it before things start to get out of hand.