Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best state of Americas (excluding USA)

USA has its own thread separate because a lot of people on forums are from USA and I couldn't have said "vote for best country in North America but you can't vote for USA, so you have like to chose from 8" too little choice there and US couldn't have won in North America since people would have been forced to vote for other N American countries, so instead we lump Canada, Denmark (Greenland), Mexico and all those little other countries with South America for better choice.

Notes:
    -all states having land in geographical America enter the fray, EXCEPT USA. So, this means that you have all the countries from Denmark (through Greenland) and Canada all the way down to Argentina, Chile and UK (through Falklands) enter the battle. This also includes the million islands between Cuba and South America.
    -you can only vote once, and you can't vote for your state where you live (to limit bias)
    -you must say why, even if you write "because it has lots of snow"
    -you don't need to have been there, just know something about it
    -no nation bashing.

Go!

And soon we will have a battle of titans with the winning countries from each round battling eachother for supreme country of planet Earth. (except US, there will be a special case in its place where it will battle too, but with one federal state within the context of the greater sovereign state, while other winning countries will battle as sovereign states alone, without the context, it will be explained when we get there).
    Last two topics (Asia and Australia and Oceania will be coming tomorrow, and yes, you will be able to vote for Antarctica in final battle of titans).

Voting ends 10 days after this thread started.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-08-31 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Ive got to go CALII! where i lay my mac down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Brazil. Solid economy, good culture, opportunity, going up in the world, not quite as bat shit crazy leftist dictatorial as it's neighbors.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with Brazil

10+ Year Old Account
    They are referred to as countries here. Also, Canada if it weren't so cold most the year.
    Last edited by Codyak; 2012-08-31 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    is Canada not a country ? is Mexico a state ?

/confused

Deleted
    This one is hard, I like Ecuador and Peru because of their Inca history, but today they aren't that great.

Then I like Canada, but recently they seem to have more problems too, lots of laws that limit freedom and such. Argentina is nice, but they have crazy guerilla movements... You know what, I'll take Chile, they're a strip of land, they do have a bit of the Inca stuff, they go from desert to glaciers on mountains and have a relative nice economy. Maybe I'm wrong, but whenever I look at them, I see them as a Poland of South America. And I like Poland.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Mexico is a country, Canada is a country, Brazil is a country, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    is Canada not a country ? is Mexico a state ?

/confused
    Once again, federated state = us states
    sovereign state = national state = country
    So state means both things.
    Plus, I used "state" on purpose because it has both meanings, you'll see why in the final battle of the super-states.

Canada, because they're pretty close to what the United States is like.

I'm voting for Brazil.

In comparison to the rest of South America they're doing alright, they've still got a lot of problems obviously, but so did every other country on the path to success.

Mexico is a warzone and Canada is just a USA replica even down to the accent with free health.

i live in venezuela , but i don't really like it down here , i really like canada i would love to go and live there after finishing university so my vote goes to canada but i have heard a lot of beutiful stuff about Belice - Belize

10+ Year Old Account
    Argentina and Brazil

cant decide between the two

I like Canada.

Deleted
    Cuba, Viva la revolución!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda of silly, you know people are allowed to have the US as there favorite country in the Americas right? As for the best I can't really say since I haven't been to South America but I would like to visit Brazil since they seem to be getting their act together and overall looks like a lovely place to be.
    Last edited by Wulfstan; 2012-09-01 at 02:02 PM.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, this is a hard one... I haven't been to South America at all, besides a Caribbean cruise, so I'll have to pick my home country, Canada.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    This is kinda of silly, you know people are allowed to have the US as there favorite country in the Americas right? As for the best I can't really say since I haven't been to South America but I would like to visit Brazil since they seem to be getting their act together and overall looks like a lovely place to be.
    Ok, tell me, if I said: vote for best country from americas (since too few countries so I'd put both americas together) but you can't chose your own, what do you think would have happened?

Considering there's like 40% US people as I know on these forums, they can't vote for US, so they'd vote for someone else, right? Correct. And then what happens? US can't win under any circumstances, since there's more people voting for something else! In fact, I actually did the US a favor by making it its own topic instead of bunching it up with others.

And if I didn't explain that well, let's assume there are 10 people from US that will vote, and 12 from other countries. Let's also say that those US 10 people think US is best country anywhere. But they can't vote for it, so vote for something else. From the other countries, 2 people think US is best country, and other people vote for something else. So, even though more people thought US was best country, because so many of them were from US, another country wins.

Mexico is a warzone and Canada is just a USA replica even down to the accent with free health.
    Canadians actually have a pretty distinct accent to Americans. But okay.

Anyway, I would vote for Canada. Great economy, awesome neighbor to the south, stunning landscapes, and impressive cities.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2012-09-01 at 06:31 PM.

My pick would be Vancouver if I ever decided to move outside the states.
    http://www.tourismvancouver.com/