Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    There is a difference between hype and and WTF HYPE. GW2 entered WTF HYPE close to a year ago. Every single damn hater thread on Rift was done by a GW2 fan. Over time I have developed an intense hatred for GW2 fanbois and watching their tears as ArenaNET does not live up to the hype is sweet on a level you may never understand.

To say that this game deserves the hate it is getting is a under statement. When you have every GW2 dev acting like hot shit for the past years DOGGING out every other dev in the market to watch them get their ass's humbled is just beautiful to watch.

I have not been commenting at all or hating on GW2 because watching the fanbois turn to haters is just pure enjoyment for me right now. I am just soaking it in.
    I don't get it...your post is only valid given your false implication that the game is not doing well...which it is...therefore everything you just said is pointless...

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is a success because its different enough from WoW, there is a vast majority that like the game and say its a nice change to WoW i'll play both, there are also the other side of the fence saying this is nothing like WoW and disgard it. For those reasons and more I believe its a success simply because its giving another look and another feel to how MMO's can play

Its simple. no mmo is perfect. Before wow there were other mmo's I hated them honestly. wow was different so I play it. GW2 may be a awesome game but nobody fears if its good or not. If its good it'll last, if not it will die like conan. wow is what many consider the standard in MMO's right now so every MMO is either trying to mimic, or go in a totally different direction. When an mmo comes out that takes my attention away from wow I will play it. I won't sit around talking about how this game is SOOO much better then wow, even if it is. I will simply play and be happy.

It has no sub fee. You can play both it and another MMO. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    Before wow there were other mmo's I hated them honestly. wow was different so I play it.
    WTF cant tell if serious. The vanilla WoW Dev team were mostly retired Everquest raiders. Every aspect of Vanilla WoW was borrowed from UO, EQ, and DAoC.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-09-01 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am afraid that new creative and fun games will come out. I hope that we have the same boring games forever and that the market continues on with loyal drones to keep the current gen in power. xD

Okay sarcasm off. Some people are fan boys of the games they play and will curse everything else, but I think a majority of the community is willing to test out other games and find things they consider more fun for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Where have you been?

Was like this for Warhammer.
    Was like this for Aion.
    Was like this for Rift.
    Was like this for SWTOR.
    Was like this for TERA.
    The cycle repeats for GW2.
    And it will repeat itself again, for Elder Scrolls Online, and whatever else comes...
    Yo /thread. Seriously though I'm not fearful...I just know its going to happen..in the way that the "downfall" is part of the community. Said it once say it again Anet ( just like blizzard,Activision,EA,Bioware, hell even Bethesda now.) is going to be put on the chopping block eventually...The fact people are still hyping it isn't going to help.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is the reason why you get all the hate GW2 fans.
    I agree with this guy.

This guy's post is the reason why people hate GW2 fanatics who rather than look fondly on games of old, would rather than brush them aside with childish remarks and go "lawl pandas" "lawl pokemans."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I agree with this guy.

This guy's post is the reason why people hate GW2 fanatics who rather than look fondly on games of old, would rather than brush them aside with childish remarks and go "lawl pandas" "lawl pokemans."
    And the very same people are also the reason why there is hate on WoW fans. Morons who dont know how to behave are part of every community. GW2 trolls will enter WoW topics and troll into oblivion. WoW trolls will enter GW2 topics and troll into oblivion. This triggers backlashes from both sides and just makes people hate each other more. Welcome to Internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I am not afraid of its success, I am excited of its potential downfall. It's fun to see an arrogant, overhyping community witness its wet dream crumble into dust.
    You must be an absolute delight. What you said is exactly why people want WoW to fail.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorak View Post
    I know the game hasnt even been out a week yet and 5k players have been banned? lol.

At this rate i think Anet need the loosen their grips before they ban everyone before their first month comes to pass.
    I think you need to update your statement, and find out why they were banned. They were banned for a massive exploit, and that ban can be reduced to a 3-day-suspension if they submit a ticket, and delete the stuff they exploited once they get their account back.

see heres the thing..........gw2 is an awesome game, its really fun, i enjoy it a lot.i have been playing WoW for 8 years(and many years to come...).will i be playing gw2 in 8 years? not likely and you know im betting AT LEAST 50% of the folks making all these claims how "amazing gw2" is and "how its the only game they will play" ,"play it for years to come",blah blah, wont even be playing this game AT ALL ,in 6 months time.pure speculation but,honestly thats what i think.no way to prove this of course. but the "mmo locusts" (and their are a ton of em...) will move on or lose interest...for...sure

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    And... Why would anyone give a fuck about that?
    Play your fav game, that's all, all this "I WANNA SEE TAHT GAME FAIL/WIN" is senseless, just as most bashers/fanatics.
    Pretty much. I think it's ridiculous that people say it's going to fail, or that they want it to fail. That's just sad to me, that some people are so negative they wish something that many others enjoy to fail. They just need to come to the realization that it's not going to fail. There is no subscription fee, people just have to buy the box, and that's it. ANet has already made a ton of money because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Where have you been?

Was like this for Warhammer.
    Was like this for Aion.
    Was like this for Rift.
    Was like this for SWTOR.
    Was like this for TERA.
    The cycle repeats for GW2.
    And it will repeat itself again, for Elder Scrolls Online, and whatever else comes...
    yes it happened to all of them and shall keep happening again and again
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Fear is a part of the complaining but some of it is justifiable. Of course you have plenty that just want attention too.
    Including the OP.

Why would he make the post if he didn't want attention.

Guild Wars 2 is successful for now. I bought it, and I enjoy it casually. I hop on, do a few hours of PvP, and hop off.

There's no reason to come out and make more people angry because you think that your game is superior or for whatever reason you created this post.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raeion View Post
    yes it happened to all of them and shall keep happening again and again
    I've said it before, and I will say it now.

Only BLIZZARD can kill a BLIZZARD game. Look at the Q1 reports. Blizzard lost a shit ton of subs to their own game, D3.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2012-09-01 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    see heres the thing..........gw2 is an awesome game, its really fun, i enjoy it a lot.i have been playing WoW for 8 years(and many years to come...).will i be playing gw2 in 8 years? not likely and you know im betting AT LEAST 50% of the folks making all these claims how "amazing gw2" is and "how its the only game they will play" ,"play it for years to come",blah blah, wont even be playing this game AT ALL ,in 6 months time.pure speculation but,honestly thats what i think.no way to prove this of course. but the "mmo locusts" (and their are a ton of em...) will move on or lose interest...for...sure
    I haven't seen anyone say any of those things. Also, 6 months? Are you kidding? People played GW1 for much longer then that. Hell, there are still a lot of people playing GW1, and it released a few months after WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I haven't seen anyone say any of those things. Also, 6 months? Are you kidding? People played GW1 for much longer then that. Hell, there are still a lot of people playing GW1, and it released a few months after WoW.
    There are also a good amount of people playing Warhammer Online, Tera, Aion, Age of Conan, and SWTOR. Your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is just more of the same.

The closest thing we had to a new MMO was ToR. And because it was new, it wasn't perfect. And because it wasn't perfect, it died.

Let's face it, the MMO genre is stagnant right now. No one is going to make a new game because new games don't survive. Everyone will just keep making their WoW clones and WoW will keep standing alone on top.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    There are also a good amount of people playing Warhammer Online, Tera, Aion, Age of Conan, and SWTOR. Your point?
    My point was it's not going to fail. Even if after 6 months they see a decrease in people playing, it doesn't mean the game will die, like the poster I quoted was "predicting". All those MMO's are still around because people obviously still enjoy them, they didn't die after 6-months.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    oh i agree there will be folks playing gw2 for sometime,years even, but my SPECULATION is that ,like i said, 50% OF THEM wont be playing after 6 months, the other 50% ?who knows could be years.locusts arent going to change their behavior,they just fly around,last year rift was"best mmo ever, so much fun, x,y,z killer" i bet most of those people making those proclamations dont even play rift anymore.i have never seen a game genre that has so many "fly by nights".not to mention the "younger"generation has the attention span of a gnat.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

The closest thing we had to a new MMO was ToR. And because it was new, it wasn't perfect. And because it wasn't perfect, it died.

Let's face it, the MMO genre is stagnant right now. No one is going to make a new game because new games don't survive. Everyone will just keep making their WoW clones and WoW will keep standing alone on top.
    The problem with your statement is GW2 IS NOT a WoW-clone. WoW won't be on top forever, every king eventually falls. Blizzard will ensure that, when they release "Project Titan", or if they continue to put out sub-par expansions and content.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

... Did you just say ToR was the closest thing to a new MMO? it was more like WoW then anything else

Gw2 and WoW have very little in common