Deleted

Wowpvp and gw2 pvp differences?

1. How much keybinds gw got? Example on my warrior it's over 50. All of them I could basically use in 1 match when required.
    2. Are there focus targets/macros?
    3. Does attacks have around same gcd as in wow? Or is it more fast/slow phased combat?
    4. Does it have cc/casting/interrupts/healing/cds/buffs/debuffs ?
    5. Does it have arena? If so does it require ventrilo for announcing targets/cc/buffs/debuffs in order to survive or kill?
    6. How many completely different completely unique classes/specs? Example in wow it's 11*3 = 33 completely unique toons.
    7. How many different bgs there are?

I think I keep little brake for wow and play gw2 bit before mop. If I like it I'm going to play it longer. But I want you to answer me first what kind pvp it has as I understand it's pvp game without pve?

Basicly in short I want to know how versitile pvp is compared wow. I must say that gw2 has very nice refreshing graphics compared wow which looks so outdated but I have little doubts for game quality because all other released mmos have pritty much died and gw2 is free so I'm guessing it's slow updates for game.
    Last edited by mmoc45b7dd6fb5; 2012-08-31 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nedaa View Post
    1. How much keybinds gw got? Example on my warrior it's over 50. All of them I could basically use in 1 match when required.
    3. Does attacks have around same gcd as in wow? Or is it more fast/slow phased combat?
    5. Does it have arena? If so does it require ventrilo for announcing targets/cc/buffs/debuffs in order to survive or kill?
    6. How many completely different completely unique classes/specs? Example in wow it's 11*3 = 33 completely unique toons.

I think I keep little brake for wow and play gw2 bit before mop. If I like it I'm going to play it longer. But I want you to answer me first what kind pvp it has as I understand it's pvp game without pve?

Basicly in short I want to know how versitile pvp is compared wow. I must say that gw2 has very nice refreshing graphics compared wow which looks so outdated but I have little doubts for game quality because all other released mmos have pritty much died and gw2 is free so I'm guessing it's slow updates for game.
    Hope this help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nedaa View Post

Its a full pve and pvp mmo.

There is no arena, instead there are 4 battlegrounds (called Structured PVP - sPVP) and world pvp (called WvWvW) which pitches 3 servers against each other for 2 week long ranked matches in a massive pvp dedicated map, that involve defending/capturing towers/keeps/forts, providing supply runs and using artillery machines.

Yes, there is cc/casting/interrupts/cds/buffs/debuffs, although most abilities are instant or channelled but you can move while channelling.

There are no healers, instead every class gets their own Self heal on a cooldown. Everyone can be melee or ranged (some classes better than others at certain aspects), depending on weapon choice. Combat is fact paced and a lot more movement based and all classes have the ability to "dodge" attacks.

You have 5/10 weapon skills and 5 utiliies. Your utilies can be swapped out as required out of combat, and your weapon skills are determined by your weapon choice and you can swap between 2 weapon sets in combat. A warrior would have access to 16 different keys in combat, but you can change which abilities they are from a pool of about 40-50 (not sure on exact number, and differs between classes) others out of combat by changing your equipped weapons or changing your utility slots.

Some classes differ, such as the Elementalist who can not swap weapons in combat, but instead has "Attunements" giving them 25 in combat abilities, and again they can be swapped out of combat to a whole load of different abilities.

Everyone is levelled to 80 and given the same gear level as each other, so its about skill not gear.

Read this thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-31 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. 14 if you count the v to dodge roll.
    2. No to both.
    3. Its more fast paced combat. Casting can be done while moving and you can have always 1 ability be set to auto fire.
    4. Yes it has CC, you can interrupt people with certain abilitys. Everybody has a personal heal(no healer class) and their are debuffs/buffs.
    5. It has more rated bgs well their is an option though i have never looked at it. You have bgs and rated bgs as far as i know. And any competitive play has to use voip chat. To be able to play the game while not having to type or use commands.
    6. A *peep* load.. you have profs then different weapon combos and traits (though i have never looked at traits when doing SPVP if they are all unlocked or not).
    7. 3 or 4 not that many. And all the same style of capture the hill.

If im wrong about something somebody correct me.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-31 at 10:55 PM.

1. First you have 4 keybinds that depend on what weapon you use, then you have a heal skill which everyone has, then there's 3 keybinds where you can pick and choose from everything you got (except ultimates), 1 one last spot for an ultimate.
    2. I believe so, I know there is target marking & assist. When somebody marks a target you press T to assist. The keybind is most likely customizable.
    3. I don't think so, or it might be hidden. If it's hidden then at least the game has spell queuing.
    4. Yes
    5. Public PvP, Ranked PvP (similiar to WoW's BG) & WvWvW which is a really much deeper version of AV from WoW, with servers competing against each other over control over keeps & lands.
    6. Most likely more than WoW. Most classes (or professions) can equip several types of weapons & spells. There's also traits, which are 6 different trees you can spec in.
    7. No clue.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Ok cheers for info, well I'm going try it out at least. Doesn't cost much.

Deleted
    I prefer GW2's PvP to WoW's. It's actually fun, there's more skill involved than just whoever has the biggest number on their armour. And besides that when you do PvP everyone uses a uniform of gear, so it's VERY difficult to lose just because you were out-geared. And unlike WoW you don't have to sit through countless deaths just to get a decent set of PvP gear so you can fight back.

coming from wow, you should know there is no instant cast abilities (or almost) and some abilities makes you lose the control of your own character for a period of time. A good exemple would be the warrior stuck on the ground while casting a charge...
    I would advise you to not buy it, try it maybe but don't buy it(i dont know if there is free trials though). I am serious here, it is not worth the 60bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I prefer GW2's PvP to WoW's. It's actually fun, there's more skill involved than just whoever has the biggest number on their armour. And besides that when you do PvP everyone uses a uniform of gear, so it's VERY difficult to lose just because you were out-geared. And unlike WoW you don't have to sit through countless deaths just to get a decent set of PvP gear so you can fight back.
    While true.. there is one thing i do miss.. and thats theocrafting.. its their but somehow dont know. Its good gw2 allows you full freedom to play as you wish. But sometimes just doing stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_IG7nOwp1I

Is nice to
    For the rest i prefer the fast paced combat in SPVP but do wish to get more modes. There is only one right now.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-31 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Well if it's not for me then I will be even more happy to transfer into mop. There is just not much to do atm waiting for expansion. I have work so that money for 1 month is not bad price for me.

Since most numbers are answered yes I'm going to test it and I'm really curious of graphics because I haven't played another mmo game since wow.