Thread: most op champ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pick Kayle. Ult Darius' target for his Ult. Grats, you just completely neutered Darius.

Pick Nunu. Throw snowballs and eat minions. Laugh as Darius can't do anything.

Etc. etc.

Deleted
    Draven.

Laugh at me all you want. You heard it here first.
    Never ever ever lost a lane as him. Not meant as a bragging thing. His poke is amazing, he has a good CC for in lane. Couple him with Alistar and you're golden. From level 6 your burst is extremely high too.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Draven.

Laugh at me all you want. You heard it here first.
    Never ever ever lost a lane as him. Not meant as a bragging thing. His poke is amazing, he has a good CC for in lane. Couple him with Alistar and you're golden. From level 6 your burst is extremely high too.
    Win lane =/= win game

Cait and MF dominate lanes as well, better then Draven in some cases, doesn't make them OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Win lane =/= win game

Cait and MF dominate lanes as well, better then Draven in some cases, doesn't make them OP.
    Draven is the best AD carry in the lane phase in the entire game. Nothing can stop him if he has a little bit of a brain. Put him with a support that has CC (not Soraka) and he will just destroy the lane if the other team doesn't turret hug which leads to no farm for them. I tend to find myself as a tanky person against him to be building thornmail by mid game. It shuts him down so hard whenever he hits me he loses loads of health and usually has to back off.

I'll be honest whenever I see an enemy Draven, I see a win in my future 90% of the time.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Draven is the best AD carry in the lane phase in the entire game. Nothing can stop him if he has a little bit of a brain. Put him with a support that has CC (not Soraka) and he will just destroy the lane if the other team doesn't turret hug which leads to no farm for them. I tend to find myself as a tanky person against him to be building thornmail by mid game. It shuts him down so hard whenever he hits me he loses loads of health and usually has to back off.

I'll be honest whenever I see an enemy Draven, I see a win in my future 90% of the time.
    Sure, but squishies generally don't build thornmail. So basically, let's say all lanes are doing equally well, but Draven + support is dominating the other botlane. This doesn't spell much good for the enemy team in teamfights, as their AD carry will be underfarmed. Of course I'm not on 2000 ELO, so no idea how it goes there.

Of course win lane =/= win game, but I think (no idea of the precise number), but at the moment I think I'm at about a 80% winrate with him. Of course it helps that my friend plays a devastating Alistar. It's so easy to poke them even when they're under turret, as when you run back before the dagger hits, it lands behind you. So you can catch it without getting turretaggro, after which you can run back to them and poke again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Morgana isn't OP, she's very well designed IMO - the reason people think she's OP is because they think of her as an AP carry who provides too much support - but actually as an AP Carry, Morg doesn't really compare. Morg is (and her official profile even confirms) a support. Soul Shackle coupled with Zhonya's is arguably the best late game initiate in the game for group battles - and black shield preventing CC helps your teams initiative immensely. Dark Binding is great for catching strays or over-aggressors - but ultimately it's a root, and Tormented Soil is a magic reduction debuff. Her damage is way too low to consider her a real AP carry, and while her sustain is great with passive spell vamp, her health pool begins quite small - and she can go OOM faster than anyone else in the game (except maybe Kassadin) - so she really has to pick her spells carefully.

Soraka and Sona are support healers, Morgana is kill support (and in this respect, she's fairly unique) - she sets up the kills, her teammates are required to finish them - so she's easy to blame - because when your fighting her, your deaths in group play are often her fault (and that's why she's a strong and valuable teammate) - she catches you in Dark Binding, or blocks your CC/Kills with Black Shield, or splits your team up (Soul Shackle) when you thought you were going to steam roll the first person you saw.

But ultimately she's slow moving, low hp/mana, low armor/MR - you probably can't out-harass her because her spell vamp she'll stay near full hp if you don't commit - but if you just jump on her and/or gank - she's relatively frail (true of most supports) - you just need to wait for her to use up an ability or two first before you initiate, because her full spell set is applicable in single target.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Sure, but squishies generally don't build thornmail. So basically, let's say all lanes are doing equally well, but Draven + support is dominating the other botlane. This doesn't spell much good for the enemy team in teamfights, as their AD carry will be underfarmed. Of course I'm not on 2000 ELO, so no idea how it goes there.

Of course win lane =/= win game, but I think (no idea of the precise number), but at the moment I think I'm at about a 80% winrate with him. Of course it helps that my friend plays a devastating Alistar. It's so easy to poke them even when they're under turret, as when you run back before the dagger hits, it lands behind you. So you can catch it without getting turretaggro, after which you can run back to them and poke again.
    Meant for tanky champions not the squishies. :P
    Hey everyone

Uhh, yes Morgana is an AP mid. Hence why she was played as an AP mid in all tournaments ever. Also, her damage is perfectly fine, she's able to kill someone from full 1 v 1, as well as take huge chunks of health from the entire enemy team in team fights. Also, she isn't frail. Not even close. Between Zhonya's, Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, and Black Shield she's quite tanky. Also, she is extremely hard to gank, since she can black shield and walk away, easily getting under the tower. And if you Tower dive her she could turn on you and get a double kill thanks to her ult.

Really, Morgana should almost never be played as support. She roams extremely well, initiates/counter initiates extremely well, and is an all around excellent pick if she can get the gold (where she can in mid).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Uhh, yes Morgana is an AP mid. Hence why she was played as an AP mid in all tournaments ever. Also, her damage is perfectly fine, she's able to kill someone from full 1 v 1, as well as take huge chunks of health from the entire enemy team in team fights. Also, she isn't frail. Not even close. Between Zhonya's, Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, and Black Shield she's quite tanky. Also, she is extremely hard to gank, since she can black shield and walk away, easily getting under the tower. And if you Tower dive her she could turn on you and get a double kill thanks to her ult.

Really, Morgana should almost never be played as support. She roams extremely well, initiates/counter initiates extremely well, and is an all around excellent pick if she can get the gold (where she can in mid).
    Zhonya's / Rod of Ages / Abyssal Scepter on any support that can shield/heal themselves makes them pretty tanky ;p That's 10k gold on defensive items. Also I tried to differentiate between "Heal Support" that Soraka and Sona are, and Kill Support - which is all about initiates with Dark Binding / Black Shield / Soul Shackle - which is what Morgana is for - but if you compare her actual damage done during kills, its nothing on what the real AP/AD carries do - she sets up kills (hence Kill Support).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Best champions for each lane (in my opinion):

Top - Yorick - Has like 1 or 2 counters, easy farm, high damage and survival. 95% win chance on
    Mid - Not really sure, a Gragas with a brain maybe?
    Carry - Graves, dat q early game, dayuum
    Support - Sona for team fights carrying/Soraka pro heals and mana back to carry is like wtf lane won
    Jungle - MAOKAI TOO STRONK WITH GOOD LANERS

The only one I would probably class as OP is Yorick just because of how easy he gets top lane nearly every game but none are really that OP.

Actually, add Blitzcrank to my list. So annoying. Its one thing to have the pull-in skill. But that mana shield and speed up piss me off so much. Every time I am about to dunk a Blitz... dat shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really find any to be "OP", but Darius, Jax, and Blitzcrank definitely piss me off.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yah i forgot yorick. Maybe not necessarily OP, but super, super annoying to deal with. Though when he ults an AD carry, things can go downhill quickly.