Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Was feral's speed hotfix nerfed?

Has anyone else noticed their druid going slower?

On Tuesday when testing I was at, with Feline Swiftness, Cat Form, and 4piece tier set bonus, 165% speed in cat form, and I would dash at 281% (it was awesome)

Today, same settings and even in the same place (just to be sure) I'm at 143% speed in cat form and my dash is a measly 184%.

Oh, but I did notice that my travel form, which was at 185% on Tuesday, is now 200%... WTF IS GOING ON!!!?

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 07:55 PM ----------

I'm thinking it may be a bug with my Feline Swiftness talent, as I am now noticing it's not stacking with my cat form.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Deleted
    It was clearly a bug.. http://i.imgur.com/Sbw7Q.jpg 213% just with dash

bug or no bug before, the new settings (8/31/2012) can't be accurate either...

Without Feline Swiftness, with boot enchant, with 4pc pvp set bonus...

Bear form - pvp set bonus stack with boot enchant to 124% move speed.
    travel form - base form speed stacks with set bonus AND boot enchant to 174%.
    Cat form - base form bonus stacks with ONLY boot enchant to 135%...taking boots off leaves it at 125%...so set bonus does not stack with cat form BASE speed.

Yesterday the set bonus was stacking with cat form but not boots, the day before all 3 stacked....WTF is going on.

Why doesn't it just stack the set bonus with the base speed, but not the boot enchant.

Oh and yeah dashing in cat form with pvp set bonus goes from 135% to 184%...a whopping 35% relative increase...Meanwhile you can spec into 200% travel form that stampede's to 296% and Darkflight to 280%. Yeah, that's balanced.
    Last edited by aliandren; 2012-09-01 at 03:42 AM.

It's even weirder now because Zwair got 213% WITHOUT the 4pc set bonus, but aliandren you're seeing stuff similar to what I saw. Somehow I feel this is just broken as hell and not even Blizz tampering.

And yeah, it's fun being able to go travel form with a flag and get any kind of speed boost, can't be caught by epic mounts! Although cat form with dash and 4pc was doing that a few days ago and then some.

If it could just go back to how it was on Tuesday that'd be super.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 09:41 PM ----------

More info on this here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=1#new-post
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i just noticed that Feline Swiftness is not working with cat form any more but is still working with travel and bear form.
    well maybe i will give wild charge a go.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-01 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    And yeah it is still very bugged, 200% speed with stampeding, 170% with dash, 125% with nothing. All in cat form. And i dont have feline swiftness. And then with stampeding in travel form, 226% speed.. Maybe they will work it out eventually? I wouldnt mind the speed for lvling in MoP
    Last edited by mmoc06641fb6c0; 2012-09-01 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know but its frusrating me i don't know you your getting 143%, im getting 125% in catform so clearly my set bonus and cat isnt stacking either. blizzard need to sort this ASAP. Also im getting 161 in travel form. This is highly frustrating for ferals we are nothing without speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again Blizzard managed to make me hate feral

So frustrating to also see the cat form walk so slowly... IMO the cat form is MADE animition-wise to run at at least 45%~

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    My speed went from 144% to 125% in Cat Form, with OR without the speed talent - weird.
    Last edited by Googolplex; 2012-09-02 at 02:53 PM.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

only cat form seems to be bugged. Outdoors it moves as fast as a bear.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

Deleted
    Honestly, I consider Dash and StampRoar to be root breakers rather than movement abilities. I would like Cat to be at least 40% speed tbh.

why sit on thos efor root break isntead of just powershifting to break root? I can see very situationally you won't want to lose the GCD but that has got to be less often than you need the move speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yeah i just noticed that Feline Swiftness is not working with cat form any more but is still working with travel and bear form.
    well maybe i will give wild charge a go.
    I noticed this, FELINE swiftness no longer works in Cat form, meaning I already have to respec my druid. I had been 144% cat form speed then suddenly dropped to 125% (base cat form speed).

Makes it a completely redundant talent for feral, much as Faire Swarm is useless when we have Infected wounds. So much for choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I noticed this, FELINE swiftness no longer works in Cat form, meaning I already have to respec my druid. I had been 144% cat form speed then suddenly dropped to 125% (base cat form speed).

Makes it a completely redundant talent for feral, much as Faire Swarm is useless when we have Infected wounds. So much for choices.
    I cannot find it at the moment but I recall a Blue post stating they intended everything to stack and not overlap so Feline Swift + Kitty form + boot enchant + PvP 4pc. Last Tues this was how it was working for my feral but yesterday I noticed the same issue with FS not stacking in kitty form. As someone mentioned, if Blizz doesn't fix it then it is a wasted talent sense it has no use for a feral. Of course Blizz may not care sense they also gave Guardian's Displacer Beast in that same tier. What Guardian is going to want to teleport into kitty and stealth???

Deleted
    Well wild charge was always better...

i wouldn't wild charge if say a add had to kited and i was supposed to dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoo View Post
    i wouldn't wild charge if say a add had to kited and i was supposed to dps
    Not quite sure what you mean?

I think you're talking about not wanting it when kiting? how often does a cat have to kite? lol even then you can use wild charge in normal form and fly to an ally :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean?

I think you're talking about not wanting it when kiting? how often does a cat have to kite? lol even then you can use wild charge in normal form and fly to an ally :P
    A cat shouldn't kite but if he/she had to then the general rule of kiting is to keep it away from the rest of the group, not leap to their position and drop it right in their lap. Wild Charge may be your preferred way to play but that doesn't mean it has to apply to all ferals or that it will be ideal for all situations. I personally like stacking speed buffs and seeing how fast I can keep my cat moving.

So the frustration with Blizz saying "play how you want" but not delivering as promised, is still valid IMO.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-09-05 at 01:50 PM.

The pvp 4 piece bonus still doesnt work, speed in cat form without boot enchants and feline swiftness remains 125%

10+ Year Old Account
    i had a pet kitty that live to be 16 years old and she moved very slowly. probably had arthritis.