Serious Ingame lag

I've been playing this game for days now with no issues. I'm now starting to get serious lag ingame for no reason. Huge lagspikes on end while pvping. I'm playing with my friend in the same matches and he has no lag. Anyone have answers?

Deleted
    There have been a few massive lag spike problems for some players. My friend had many spikes and I don't, he managed to fix it (mostly) with something he found on the internet, I did a search and couldn't find it, and won't be able to ask him until tomorrow, but I will revisit this thread if I can get the fix tomorrow and it hasn't already been fixed.
    Last edited by mmoc64a56cce3c; 2012-09-01 at 03:32 AM.

alright cool thanks. If it means anything i have comcast

For some stupid reason, Ashford was completely unplayable. No matter what overflow or main server I was on, it was just bombing out my play. Left, went somewhere, anywhere else, and was restored. Weird.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    For some stupid reason, Ashford was completely unplayable. No matter what overflow or main server I was on, it was just bombing out my play. Left, went somewhere, anywhere else, and was restored. Weird.
    Yeah like earlier today I was having zero problems without any connection issues. Now people are jumping all over my screen during spvp and it's taking me like 10 seconds to get abilities off. Anything outside of gw2 is running great

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play as a duelist/melee mesmer and the lag was bad enough I finally just shut down the game because I was tired of getting my ass handed to me.

My hardest hitting single attack, Illusionary Riposte, will completely block a single attack and deal a nice amount of damage in response as well as create a clone which I can shatter or let him take damage while I reposition to finish off a mob. Its a lynchpin move for melee mesmers. I miss that due to lag and I take damage (sometimes A LOT of damage if its a big hit), don't get the extra clone for shatter/reposition, and the fight will go on a lot longer.

Hitting a button at the right time and just watching it do that blinky thing for a while before firing off well after that phase of the combat has passed is NOT fun. No lag...no damage. This kind of lag...get very familiar with being in a downed state.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-09-01 at 04:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Same thing here. Instead of exploring there, I decided to head to Kryta and some of my lag was SO bad, I got d/c'd. I just gave up after a bit. I can only explore and NOT kill things in GW2 for so long. :S

I hope Anet gets it fixed soon.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Why do you think they shut down digital downloads? It's because the servers are getting slammed. Also that's why they don't even have the forums up yet because they never even imagined the game would be this popular, but they should of seen it coming.
    Last edited by direwolf12; 2012-09-01 at 06:50 AM.