Deleted

Treath and tanking??

So i have noticed something while leveling and playing with other peeps , best examples is with a big boss on a DE .
    So it looks like it doesn't matter how long or how hard you're hitting a mob , the guy who wears a shield will automaticly get aggro?
    Like yesterday me (2h warrior) and a hunter were killing this DE boss and then just another warrior comes running (he was wearing a shield) he does 1 hit and gets aggro?? It's not that i'm complaining , i just don't really see the logic in it.
    Maybe someone can tell a bit more about this?

I get "aggro" all the time as a Mesmer, and we definitely can't equip shields. The point is that aggro shifts on the fly, it recalculates "threat" on a constant basis, usually by proximity (but not the only factor). Late comers to the party (or ones that spend a lot of time rezing and not actually damaging it) are still just as likely to get a face full of fist if they don't keep their distance or their defensives at the ready.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    as a theif, i call bull on that. I cannot shake aggro enough no matter who is the group. the only way I can avoid getting focused is use a shortbow and shortbows arent that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    So i have noticed something while leveling and playing with other peeps , best examples is with a big boss on a DE .
    So it looks like it doesn't matter how long or how hard you're hitting a mob , the guy who wears a shield will automaticly get aggro?
    Like yesterday me (2h warrior) and a hunter were killing this DE boss and then just another warrior comes running (he was wearing a shield) he does 1 hit and gets aggro?? It's not that i'm complaining , i just don't really see the logic in it.
    Maybe someone can tell a bit more about this?
    purely coincidence, mobs tend to favor what ever is closest to them or who ever is giving the most support (for example if i was picking someone up mobs would be more likely to try and hunt me down) apart from that they attack whoever they like

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    as a theif, i call bull on that. I cannot shake aggro enough no matter who is the group. the only way I can avoid getting focused is use a shortbow and shortbows arent that great.
    Shortbows are decent solo weapons for kiting a bajillion things. Also hilarious to troll in PvP with, but yeah... I definitely feel the pain for trying to use one in group-based combat
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~