10+ Year Old Account

Target of Target...How I Miss Thee

Does anyone else miss this feature?

I mean I understand that in most cases it is really not needed in this game but, especially in dungeons where everything is usually in closed/tight spaces, this feature would be very beneficial. I have never had a problem dodging or kiting any melee mob because thier attacks are telegraphed well in advance. And yes I understand that there are some attacks that enemies do that are instant and unavoidable. But am I the only one that is having a hard time trying to figure out if that damn Ranger in Ascalonian Catacombs is looking at me or someone else?

Serves no purpose in dungeons. Melee attacks cleave, whether you're being targetted or not. Ranged attacks hit the first target in the way, whether you're the intended targetor not. Area Attacks? Watch the ground.

Doesn't matter if hte boss is targetting you, or your best friend buddy warrior standing next to you. If he turns to face you remember the 5 D's of Dodgeball. Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge. Or Block, Aegis, Distortion, what have you.

As for the Ranger, I run up to the platform and sit on it. If he turns to face me, I activate a defensive until I can get behind him or he turns away. No big deal until he teleports down with his pet, in which case I pop a ranged weapon and let everyone else clean it up from there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i saw a tooltip help regarding Target of Target. Also i read my chat and there it said ''***** is targeting ***** click T to assist'' or something like that, did not try it but i think it is possible.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

The UI in general could use a lot of improvement. Hopefully they will add features as time goes on
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    I think i saw a tooltip help regarding Target of Target. Also i read my chat and there it said ''***** is targeting ***** click T to assist'' or something like that, did not try it but i think it is possible.
    That's basically Assist. It calls a Target for your group, you push T and all of a sudden you're targetting it as well. Helps for focus fire, track down a kiter in a mad group, keep track of a melee that could/would be shredding you (so you can keep distance despite the clusterfuck going on). It's a great feature to have, so long as your group doesn't forget how to actually play the game

"omg thats like skull so I kill that thing, and stand in all the stuff, who cares about dazing the mesmer or blinding/crippling the warrior"
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-09-01 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Serves no purpose in dungeons. Melee attacks cleave, whether you're being targetted or not. Ranged attacks hit the first target in the way, whether you're the intended targetor not. Area Attacks? Watch the ground.

Doesn't matter if hte boss is targetting you, or your best friend buddy warrior standing next to you. If he turns to face you remember the 5 D's of Dodgeball. Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge. Or Block, Aegis, Distortion, what have you.

As for the Ranger, I run up to the platform and sit on it. If he turns to face me, I activate a defensive until I can get behind him or he turns away. No big deal until he teleports down with his pet, in which case I pop a ranged weapon and let everyone else clean it up from there.
    Hmmm...

So just stand behind the big ass Norns and Charr? Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Hmmm...

So just stand behind the big ass Norns and Charr? Got it!
    When dealing with Ranged attacks? Yup! When dealing with splash attacks or cleaves, have them stand on one side, you stand on the other. When the boss turns, there'll be enough headsup to pop a defensive or move out of the way. Unless you're playing a Thief I think it is, there's no real difference for 90% of mobs if you're attacking from the side or the back, just don't be infront of them or get hit by cleaves and you're okay.