Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Level 1-25 in less than a day?

So. I saw a bunch of people in trade selling level 25 guilds for some odd reason. It seemed a bit strange to me that this has been happening often. I went to look up one of the guilds these people were selling and I found this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/da..._Insanity/news
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/da...a_Prodigy/news (scroll all the way down, click "load more", and scroll a bit further downwards)

If you look at the news tab, you'll see that the guild went from level 1-25 in less than a day. It's not there now, but I saw multiple level 4 human characters under the "Top Weekly Contributions" with over 100m guild exp.

It seems as if they are exploiting something?

That cant be right =\
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It is right. I made a lowbie on a random server and someone invited me to a guild that was level 18. I came back home from getting some food and it was level 20. There is no exp cap anymore.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    It is right. I made a lowbie on a random server and someone invited me to a guild that was level 18. I came back home from getting some food and it was level 20. There is no exp cap anymore.
    I know there's not a cap anymore. It's the fact that there's only one character in the guild "Plead Insanity", and if you look closely, a level 4 character has the achievement "Time Flies When You're Having Fun". They're exploiting something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an exploit that gives you about 60k xp per second ( alliance only).
    People leveling their guilds this way are either using autoclickers, or several friends to level guilds from 1 to 25 in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I know that, but the fact that the toons in OP's linked guild are low level..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It's actually very simple as I'm doing it on my guild right now...Go to Halls of Lighting... Farm it get on avg 153 Relics of Ulduar and every 1 = 60K guild rep for a level 85 toon. Once your toon gets capped for the 5 runs an hour jump to another toon rinse and repeat. Within 24 hours your guild will be 25.

Yes its going to get nerfed so get on it fast
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

These people are abusing a quest that is repeatable over, and over.(turn in every second) It gives 65000 guild exp and its only available to level 1-10. Report them all. This exploit has been making rounds around the usual shady websites within the last few hours.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-09-01 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    It's actually very simple as I'm doing it on my guild right now...Go to Halls of Lighting... Farm it get on avg 153 Relics of Ulduar and every 1 = 60K guild rep for a level 85 toon. Once your toon gets capped for the 5 runs an hour jump to another toon rinse and repeat. Within 24 hours your guild will be 25.

My way is 100% legit
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

My way is 100% legit
    No, its not. Its an bug, that if exploited could result in corrective action.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    No, its not. Its an bug, that if exploited could result in corrective action.
    Why would you call that a bug? Wasn't it their intention to normalize experience and reputation earned for the guild across all levels?

Or do you mean it is a bug because a repeatable quest gives guild-exp?

The quest people are doing that I have referenced require nothing but a macro to spam and auto turn in. You will find these said people in Elwynn Forest.

Is this the repeatable quest for Hodir rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    The quest people are doing that I have referenced require nothing but a macro to spam and auto turn in. You will find these said people in Elwynn Forest.
    You do know you are just giving people more info on how to do it? Thread should be deleted so no one else tries to figure out how to do it

Good thing WoW isn't run by Arena Net, otherwise these guys would've been banned by now. :P
    Oh aye.

Turning in lots of those Relics for guild exp is not a bug/hacking/cheating/exploting/etc. Now maybe Blizz made repeatable exp too high, but whatever. This spam turn-in repeatable quest in Elwynn Forest, however, sounds like it is definitely exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Good thing WoW isn't run by Arena Net, otherwise these guys would've been banned by now. :P
    THAT, would be awful.

But Greg will not go against his most valuable customers!
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

If its the Hodir tribute - they have allready nerfed it. It yields only 167 rep per turn in

Quote Originally Posted by line integral View Post
    Why would you call that a bug? Wasn't it their intention to normalize experience and reputation earned for the guild across all levels?

Or do you mean it is a bug because a repeatable quest gives guild-exp?
    Its a bug because what he describes is a repeatable quest that gives 60k guild experience a pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres to hoping, bans for all the exploiters!