Valor points in MoP

Two quick questions: will I be able to spend valor points on anything in MoP if I do not grind reputations? And will I still be able to grind reputations by wearing tabards in dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    No and no.

Well, at least not right away. VP will be used to upgrade in 5.1 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    No and no.

Well, at least not right away. VP will be used to upgrade in 5.1 and beyond.
    Alright. So basically if I want to upgrade my gear from other sources than raid, it's either dailys or millions of gold? Or am I missing something here? Just seems like a strange design decision, to limit options in such a drastic way... I enjoyed grinding reps when it was by dungeon runs. Now though I don't see myself doing dozens of dailys (with daily cap gone) every day for many weeks.
    Last edited by Avrantia; 2012-09-01 at 08:30 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they want at least the first tier of 'epics' to be from raiding or somewhat time consuming work. Doesn't bother me, I'll be doing both because I like raiding and I like reps!

It felt a little silly being able to toss on a tabard and at the end of the day be exalted.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    Alright. So basically if I want to upgrade my gear from other sources than raid, it's either dailys or millions of gold? Or am I missing something here? Just seems like a strange design decision, to limit options in such a drastic way... I enjoyed grinding reps when it was by dungeon runs. Now though I don't see myself doing dozens of dailys (with daily cap gone) every day for many weeks.
    Actually it is not that bad idea (unless dailies are really very bad), but there is issue which was mentioned by some people, and which confuses me - if you do proper dailies and VP grind - you will waste 1000 VP. Cap on VP is 3000 (1k VP per week), and it requires 4 weeks to unlock VP vendors, which means complete waste of 1k VP. 3k cap on VP is bad anyway, removing it would fix the issue (not sure whose "brilliant" idea was to put cap on VP, I guess absolutely noone wanted such change).

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    I doubt you'll be doing dailies for "Many weeks", if previous expansions are any indication, you'll be close to revered just by doing regular quests for those factions while levelling up (Note that VP-epics require revered rep, not exalted, exalted is for tabards, mounts and vanity stuff), so i'd say you'd be doing dailies for a week, maybe ten days or so, and then you'll have the revered reps you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I doubt you'll be doing dailies for "Many weeks", if previous expansions are any indication, you'll be close to revered just by doing regular quests for those factions while levelling up (Note that VP-epics require revered rep, not exalted, exalted is for tabards, mounts and vanity stuff), so i'd say you'd be doing dailies for a week, maybe ten days or so, and then you'll have the revered reps you need.
    True, you have a point. If levelling quests still give plenty of rep, I suppose it isn't an issue.