Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

level 80 gears for 20silver, legit or price error?

I was reading d2jsp forum and came across a post where someone found level 80 gears selling for around 20 silver a piece, both weapons and gears. Due to the recent ban, I'm wondering if this is legit or again, another fail pricing error. I don't want to be banned for purchasing it. Don't know the value of coins really since I only have around 1 gold at level 65.

i_imgur.com/ZhuJt_jpg
    i_imgur.com/R0sZu_jpg

I can't post link, so change the _ to .

Edit: it indeed is a pricing error and the vendor has now been disabled a moment ago. Sadly, it took them more than 5 days to correct it.
    Last edited by skars; 2012-09-01 at 11:58 PM.

Don't do it! They're baiting you! 20 silver for a BoE 80 gear? lol, that's even better than that 21 karma exploit for only level 60 gear.

Deleted
    I wont be buying it :P I dont trust it!

Re-opening this with 100% less derp on my part.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you discover an exploit in the game, do not exploit it or publicize it, but instead notify us immediately at this new email address: exploits@arena.net
    - ArenaNet on reddit
    Last edited by Norn; 2012-08-31 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    well 20 silver is a lot of money so I dont think its an exploit

Lol i though it was strange that there was people selling these off websites when you can get them in game:P
    On topic. I assume this is right, i mean i dont think they can ban you for this, we dont even understand what 20 silver is worth yet, they need to give us more info so we can tell if this is a fair price.

Anet really needs to clarify what they mean by 'exploit'. To me, the mispriced items issue is not a user exploit, it is very clearly designer error. 'Exploit' implies that a user maliciously and intentionally did something that was clearly against game rules; I find it hard to see how simply purchasing something from a vendor could qualify as that.

TBH Anet seems in way over their head with this launch.
    Last edited by ShimmerSwirl; 2012-08-31 at 10:10 PM.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Vigil sells 80 gear for similar price as well.

Edit: meh, should've checked the pics first. :P
    I dunno, I'm not yet buying them just in case, but I sure do hope they're not bugged.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-08-31 at 10:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not buying anything from a vendor until they announce all the prices are right. Playing it safe! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hum... sounds suspicious. Does other level 80 gear with that item quality turn out to be so cheap?

Worst comes to worst, go to Support in-game and report it as a bug, and see what happens. *shrugs*
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 10:30 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Anet really needs to clarify what they mean by 'exploit'. To me, the mispriced items issue is not a user exploit, it is very clearly designer error. 'Exploit' implies that a user maliciously and intentionally did something that was clearly against game rules; I find it hard to see how simply purchasing something from a vendor could qualify as that.

TBH Anet seems in way over their head with this launch.
    Agreed, if they are going to bann you for their own mistakes of not checking their own prices.. it would be getting rediculous at that moment.
    Its not an exploit, just buy it and if they bann you send a really angry letter to Anet.

I don't think you'll be banned for buying something from a vendor as long as you're not making massive profit from it.

Buy one item for use and consumption, probably not going to hurt anyone
    Buy 7000 items, turn around and try to profit from them. prolly gonna get banhammered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't think you'll be banned for buying something from a vendor as long as you're not making massive profit from it.

Buy one item for use and consumption, probably not going to hurt anyone
    Buy 7000 items, turn around and try to profit from them. prolly gonna get banhammered.
    I have a problem with this to. Why cant you buy lets say 5000 items from a vendor and throw the on the AH? If WoW has taught us anything there is always one person who you can scamm (just for being dumb).
    Thats also how it works in real life so..
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-31 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I have a problem with this to. Why cant you buy lets say 5000 items from a vendor and throw the on the AH? If WoW has taught us anything there is always one person who you can scamm (just for being dumb).
    We've known this since looooonnnnnnnggggggg before WoW : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    We've known this since looooonnnnnnnggggggg before WoW : P
    True but you get my point. I really find it .. inappropriate (saying it the most nice way possible) for a company to bann somebody for the stupidity of others.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I do this all the time in wow. Sometimes i resell stuff for double what I paid at the vendor. Sometimes the vendor is right next to the AH

Deleted
    Though just because its an error on their part, doesent mean that they cant blame you for using it.
    Don't think you'll get a ban though it'll probably be removed if it isnt meant to be like that

True but you get my point. I really find it .. inappropriate (saying it the most nice way possible) for a company to bann somebody for the stupidity of others.
    The ban was because they were exploiting a bug which made an item cost less than it should have to purchase and yielded very high profits when broken down and sold IIRC, not because of someone taking advantage of another. And I actually welcome a game that would work to actively stop scammers that take advantage of others. If you want to do that, EVE is happy to give you a playground for it : )

They're not going to ban you for buying gear with a bugged price unless you buy scores or HUNDREDS of it and resell it for a profit. If you just buy one set and use it at the worst they'll just confiscate it from you and refund what you paid. More than likely they'll just let you keep it since you're innocent of any wrong doing.