Thread: /deaths thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Level 35 Deaths 126

Don't you people do PvP or jumping puzzle?
    123 at 41 here, and yeah, I do a fair bit of PvP and just...easily distracted kills usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 35 Deaths 126

Haven't pvp'd yet. Been meaning to. I do jumping puzzles, I just don't die on them.
    61 deaths total.

People need to learn to tap their buttons faster.

Deleted
    I kinda wish it would break it down into what you died from, I'm pretty sure half of mine are from falling off cliffs.

114 at 64.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    15 at lvl 14 lol dunno on my 1st char. I fear i'll have above the average since me being an engineer it's something like this -> bangbangbangbangbang! --> baaah sod it --> "jump shot" -> EAT IT YOU SC.. -> dead and totaly worth it! I blame the voice actors because if i manage to survive he usualy says " tell me you've seen that!" so the cicle starts again ahahah! I think i'll be more serious about my playstyle once the sense of the team>me shows further in game and lvl =)

86 on my level 55 Thief.

Probably going to be 87 when i log back in, since my net just died while fighting a boss

Deleted
    41 deaths at level 68.

.. I think at least 10 of those are trying to do that stupid jump puzzle with the OP mobs in Lornar's Pass ><

Level 35 Deaths 126

I only do the easy jumping puzzles for XP. Otherwise, meh. Not an explorer type/don't care about Mario Bros. type stuff.

Don't care about PVP at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since most damage can be mitigated in the aforementioned games without the hard/artificial limiters of gear & stats.
    Any Ideas how to avoid getting insta gibbed as Elementalist by a group of ranged mobs? Melee is fine, I can kite them ad nauseum (not very fun, but it works).

My main death problem: getting pwn'd by respawn. <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it track PvP deaths? I'm at 178 at level 40. I mainly do WvW and sPvP, leveling from crafting/story quests mostly (exploring isn't my cup of tea, and 8+ years of MMOs has drained my ability to enjoy questing >.<).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Any Ideas how to avoid getting insta gibbed as Elementalist by a group of ranged mobs? Melee is fine, I can kite them ad nauseum (not very fun, but it works).
    Nope. I don't play caster or lightly armored classes. In general I would say first focus down ranged, ignore melee, swap to melee when ranged are dead.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-01 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    110 deaths at lvl 80

Most of those comes from dungeons and the dragons in Frostgorge QQ.

23 on my level 64 warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Kill them before they kill you? If they're all grouped up, especially, go all-out on the aoe. On my Necromancer, I'd pull out my staff and drop down every mark, saving the Fearing mark for last.

One thing I've found useful is to dodge their ranged attacks at the correct time. You can usually see them coming. The Champion of Badazar guy in Plains of Ashford has an extremely obvious watery-looking attack that I was able to dodge most of the time. And if I had no endurance, I could blind him or block it or reflect it.
    Not the best example, as he's not a "challenging" ranged mob, nor a group of them, but you know.

Obviously though, you want to save the dodges specifically for their really dangerous moves.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 11:21 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

641, Lvl 11. Doing only pvp tho. Going for World First 1mill deaths

Deleted
    57 deaths at lvl 21:P at least half of them or more are from the fire elemental boss in asura start zone. such a hard cracker to crack

Deleted
    22 deaths. level 77.

At LEAST 10 of those were from falling off cliffs, I do that so much.

And yes I hightail it at the sight of danger. 2 of the deaths are in personal story quests, I know that for a fact.

Edit: Just reached 80 with 23 deaths (I died to a fish and killed it the second I died. I was unhappy at first but then I realised it could've been worse: It could've survived on 1%)
    Last edited by mmoc64a56cce3c; 2012-09-02 at 03:07 AM.

56 at level 30, I really didn't get the hang of dodging until recently and would pull groups when I was using my staff as an Elementalist, switched to dual daggers.

137 at 68. I.. like bashing my head into dungeons with pugs.