In-game performance tip for people with really bad computers

If you've got a 5 year old laptop like me, do this:

- Go to the character selection screen, go in graphics settings, turn everything to maximum option available, and check all the boxes below besides the Vertical Sync one.
    - Log in the game. Enjoy what you can have for a few moments, take some screenshots. Log back out to the character selection screen.
    - Uncheck the boxes and turn off/select lowest setting for everything again.
    - Log in the game, and you might see a few FPS performance boost and the game will feel smoother overall. I went from around 30 FPS average to around 35 (I checked by running around in the same area with the options screen on for 1-2 minutes and noting the FPS variation).

Hope this works for you!

So your marvelous tip is to lower graphical settings?

Shocking news!

/facepalm

Sarcasm, it appears, doesn't travel well on the interwebbularnet....

/facepalm

Ugh, no, my suggestion is to turn everything up then turn everything down. For some reason it worked for me. The important part is to turn everything up first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Ugh, no, my suggestion is to turn everything up then turn everything down. For some reason it worked for me. The important part is to turn everything up first.
    LOL you gained very few FPS, I don't think that's a big accomplishment you're just seeing what you want to see. I would suggest turning shadows off and lowing your view distance if you have an older computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why these guys are being so aggressive, but going from 30 to 35 is noticeable at that low end frame rate, i'm sure this will help some people

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Redoing the settings you already have shouldn't alter your fps. You may have had more people the first time or in an event that strained your computer just a little bit more (5 fps). Cranking up and cranking down again doesn't kickstart your computer into gear if it is already at its limit.

Deleted
    chances are it was a coincidence and the first time there was spell effect / more people in the zone / weather happening that was dropping it by 5fps

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if the tip works. I would likely find something else to do if faced with 30fps. However, I can say this, the difference between 30 and 35fps is easily detectable by the human eye. May be worth a try.