Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I will add that their latest update says 'last chance to sign up for The War Z beta'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Also I will add that their latest update says 'last chance to sign up for The War Z beta'.
    I didn't see that one.
    But I did see
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    So what's your plans for Halloween day ?

I personally plan on meeting new friends
    It's obviously a hint at something, could be release, or beta. To much indecisiveness.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I have to say I really enjoy how close The War Z team is with the community.
    The community is of the utmost importance for a games success It used to be overlooked but now companies really "get it".

I have a sneaking suspicion this game will end up as action horror and not survival horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    It's obviously a hint at something, could be release, or beta. To much indecisiveness.
    I didn't even think about Halloween! Now I'm all giddy :3

Especially if there were some special minor event such as more zombies on the day/glowing eyes/lightning storm or the entire day is night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewk View Post
    The community is of the utmost importance for a games success It used to be overlooked but now companies really "get it".
    ^_^

I enjoy it, it creates a better relationship between the community and developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    New interview is up from Fpsgeneral.

At 3:14 in the video he runs into some, what looks like to be dead, zombies. They then get up and that was aammmzzziiinggggggggggggggg! They just need to fix the aggro.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:04 PM ----------

-BIG UPDATE!-
    Pre ordering is now up!
    And it says you get Alpha access for Pioneer and Legend! Seems like that will be on the 15th!
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-04 at 04:07 AM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Just bought the legend pack.

Thanks for the update!

"Be part of the game forever, become a legend (Limited availability)"

What exactly does this mean?

There are three packs. $19.49, $29.99 and $49.99. Each with their own set of extras. If your like me and your excited to get your hands on it, heres a direct link.

Direct link:https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html

Now to figure out how to activate my key and display my badge.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-04 at 05:55 AM.

I don't see why we can't use the paysafe card >_>.

Going for 2nd option =)

Deleted
    so people are now paying to play alphas and beta games- when once it was free, just a simple sign up and hope you got the email

and not only are people paying to play the alpha and beta but wow are they paying, $49 for a game people still know very little about. yes there is some videos that show the same area and a few static zombies..

but they offer some shiny- a forum badge some in game currency etc etc- people are so easily sold these days on the shiny

It just makes no sense to me -

I can see the complaining a mile away- with server issues, hacking, bugs, lack of contents....
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-10-04 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    SNIP
    Okay so..

$20 for the full game.
    $30 for $30 worth of in-game currency.
    and 6 months server hosting which can cost $72 to host a server in any other game. (At the lowest)
    3 passes for my friends.

I don't see how this is in anyway bad being sold for "some shiny forum badge"

Have you heard of Kickstarter before? This is basically the same thing, Minecraft also did this but offering the game for a lower price while in it's early stages. That $50 isn't to get into beta, it gets us into alpha/beta access AND a copy of the game.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-04 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so people are now paying to play alphas and beta games- when once it was free, just a simple sign up and hope you got the email

and not only are people paying to play the alpha and beta but wow are they paying, $49 for a game people still know very little about. yes there is some videos that show the same area and a few static zombies..

but they offer some shiny- a forum badge some in game currency etc etc- people are so easily sold these days on the shiny

I can see the complaining a mile away- with server issues, hacking, bugs, lack of contents....
    I paid $60 to beta test GW2 as did hundreds of thousands of people, if you didnt like it, you got a refund, I would certainly like to know what the refund policy is for War Z, but paying for beta's is hardly anything new or interesting. I guess people will buy the game anyway so why not facilitate development by giving them the money beforehand, I know thats how I felt with GW2 I wanted to support a games developer.
    Clearly you have a lack of knowledge of how the gaming community works nowadays, hell kickstarter is 3 years old, I paid $20 for a game that only had a few concept drawings, some games make millions just on the premise of the game, so paying for beta (which its not its paying for the game but with beta access) is not new nor is it even remotely debatable subject, its done all the time.

crap someone already put you in your place and said about kick starter already lol

Deleted
    @ Waaldo and everybody else doing research just like me for this game, in the mail there was a picture of a PVP video, has anybody seen it flying around the interwebz? i cant find it anywhere

Wish I could help but I've found nothing.

Clicking the link leads me to facebook which I don't use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I paid $60 to beta test GW2 as did hundreds of thousands of people, if you didnt like it, you got a refund, I would certainly like to know what the refund policy is for War Z, but paying for beta's is hardly anything new or interesting. I guess people will buy the game anyway so why not facilitate development by giving them the money beforehand, I know thats how I felt with GW2 I wanted to support a games developer.
    Clearly you have a lack of knowledge of how the gaming community works nowadays, hell kickstarter is 3 years old, I paid $20 for a game that only had a few concept drawings, some games make millions just on the premise of the game, so paying for beta (which its not its paying for the game but with beta access) is not new nor is it even remotely debatable subject, its done all the time.

crap someone already put you in your place and said about kick starter already lol
    lol put me in my place- this game isn't a kickstarted, different concept, The dead linger is a Kickstarter,

wow people get so defensive over this game, or lack of game as no one has actually played anything yet- apart from some Devs.

Lets just wait and see how this all pans out shall we....

Here is the PVP you are looking for -

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-...meplay-trailer

The best PVP is scripted and staged PVP - and jumping off 2 stories building and only losing 20 of your HP-

This is just War INC in the dark
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-10-04 at 01:08 PM.

wow people get so defensive over this game, or lack of game as no one has actually played anything yet- apart from some Devs.

The exact same can be said about what your doing, your stating your what seems to be dislike for the game which is fine while also insulting others.

they offer some shiny- a forum badge some in game currency etc etc- people are so easily sold these days on the shiny
    May not seem to be insulting but it can be to some. For the most part people are mostly defensive because others are coming in here sharing their negative opinion of the game which is fine while also feeling the need to belittle the ones interested in this game.

Do you think it's a waste? It seems like it, do those of us that have in interest in it think it's a waste? No. We're human it's in our nature to have different views and conflicting opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    @ Waaldo and everybody else doing research just like me for this game, in the mail there was a picture of a PVP video, has anybody seen it flying around the interwebz? i cant find it anywhere
    Here it is! : http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-...meplay-trailer

Err someone already linked it >.<

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:15 AM ----------

Most games are doing the pay to play beta/alpha now and I actually think it's a good idea. Especially if you are really just buying the game and getting the testing fazes as a bonus.

It's a good idea because when we used to "hope" to get an email it was all by luck. I love testing games but I very rarely have ever been lucky enough to be accepted. And I know a lot of people who feel that way.

I didn't buy the 49.99 deal but it does seem like a pretty good deal, just the 6 months of server renting is worth it if you plan on renting a server.

Most companies have gotten server to a good place, I'm sure they will too. Hacking is definitely a problem in War Inc. but they also didn't have anything to prevent hacking (They are taking drastic measures in WarZ from what they have said). Content for this game is a touch topic because what can they really add? Other than new maps and a couple of new weapons/vehicles, there is really not much because there is no end game like other mmos. But they did say they are already in the progress of making a new California(?) map.

The PvP video did look a little staged only because of the fact that there are very few people in the game as of right now since it's not in open testing, so they really had to stage it. But it was real game play, real zombies, real gun sounds (The sound of that sniper was perfect), etc. And it was definitely a possible scenario with all of the barricades and stuff, a few people guarding it while others are looking around, I know we will see a lot of that.

Edit: I doubt something as simple as fall damage is final in pre-alpha testing...

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 02:16 PM ----------

Another PvP video.
    The guns are sounding great, and the bullets seem to be doing perfect damage.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-04 at 02:19 PM.

Move along.

BTW guys, if you are having any issues with purchases on the site email support@thewarz.com

10+ Year Old Account
    lol put me in my place- this game isn't a kickstarted, different concept, The dead linger is a Kickstarter,

Here is the PVP you are looking for -

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-...meplay-trailer

The best PVP is scripted and staged PVP - and jumping off 2 stories building and only losing 20 of your HP-

This is just War INC in the dark
    Kick starter was just in relation to how the game community works nowadays to help promote development, this whole lol you bought it for shiny forum badge was just pathetic thats why you were put in your place, I bought it because I wanted the game, I wanted beta, and I wanted to feel a part of bringing this game out. I wont even use the forum badge, but I get a sense of being a part of the community no matter how small/vague/silly it may seem to others, just to come in and bash those who chose to do so is completely non-constructive.

The PvP is the one thing I have no interest in, I really am a PvE baby I hate pvp unless its in boxed in arenas :S I think I can get used to the constant sense of danger as long as people cant buy to be powerful im fine. Ill be renting my own server anyway and just letting in a select few :P As to falling off a building and losing 20hp someone might mention this is alpha i dunno.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-04 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

The PvP is the one thing I have no interest in, I really am a PvE baby I hate pvp unless its in boxed in arenas :S I think I can get used to the constant sense of danger as long as people cant buy to be powerful im fine. Ill be renting my own server anyway and just letting in a select few :P As to falling off a building and losing 20hp someone might mention this is alpha i dunno.
    Are you looking for more people who aren't interested in PvPing, or is it a friends only server?

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 04:54 PM ----------

Here is the official announcement trailer:

Move along.