Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A member from one of the websites I frequent posted a link to his vBulletin Message notification saying he was banned. Not only that he was simply banned but:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    If you don't like the game, then fuck off.No refund, because it's your fault for buying the game

Date the ban will be lifted: Never fucking noob
    I don't know the story behind the ban, but even if it was a warranted ban, that's still an unacceptable attitude for a business.

Imagine seeing a custom Scrapbot infraction message which said this when you don't like a game or on any other site you frequent (save for these forums). I'd probably be getting one right now.

This on top of the recent trademark shenanigans with World War Z on top of all the bad publicity, Titov and co. can't catch a break but it's not like they're trying real hard to shape up and fly right.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-12-25 at 02:15 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    A member from one of the websites I frequent posted a link to his vBulletin Message notification saying he was banned. Not only that he was simply banned but:

I don't know the story behind the ban, but even if it was a warranted ban, that's still an unacceptable attitude for a business.

Imagine seeing a custom Scrapbot infraction message which said this when you don't like a game or on any other site you frequent (save for these forums). I'd probably be getting one right now.

This on top of the recent trademark shenanigans with World War Z on top of all the bad publicity, Titov and co. can't catch a break but it's not like they're trying real hard to shape up and fly right.
    Screenshot? I'm not putting it past them at this point, they've been beyond unprofessional and super shady, but it seems like some people are going a bit too far at times (the ex-mod guy for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KgtdUl.jpg[IMG]

I don't know, looks kinda photoshopped.
    Probably is. I'll be one of those image whackos, but when you want to photoshop. At least measure out the pixels that are separated. Kinda what I do when photoshopping some steam screenies for giggles.
    /shrug.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Probably is. I'll be one of those image whackos, but when you want to photoshop. At least measure out the pixels that are separated. Kinda what I do when photoshopping some steam screenies for giggles.
    /shrug.
    Without knowing, it could go either way really. It could just be a mod in a furious state removing those who dislike the game, especially after all the latest stints with Steam and the trademark, and not bothering to proof-read his post or it could be a photoshop. Either way, wouldn't someone who intends to fake it want to make it seem as legit as possible without a glaring space error since ignoring it would backfire to call it out as a photoshop?

In my opinion, after all that has happened, I expect some of Titov's attitude to rub off on to the mods to their forums (as well as those on the Steam forums) which makes it more believable than fake.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post

I don't know, looks kinda photoshopped.
    Im going to have to go with shopped as well. The main thing that stands out to me is the grammar and words used. I mean seriously, who is going to fill out the section for "time that the ban will be lifted" with Never fucking noob? Now I can see a teenager photoshop this just to try and stir up more shit for the WarZ team. Personally I've enjoyed watching them shoot their own feet off especially after Sergey made that post about the DeadLingor and attempted to drag the DayZ community into the mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Without knowing, it could go either way really. It could just be a mod in a furious state removing those who dislike the game, especially after all the latest stints with Steam and the trademark, and not bothering to proof-read his post or it could be a photoshop. Either way, wouldn't someone who intends to fake it want to make it seem as legit as possible without a glaring space error since ignoring it would backfire to call it out as a photoshop?

In my opinion, after all that has happened, I expect some of Titov's attitude to rub off on to the mods to their forums (as well as those on the Steam forums) which makes it more believable than fake.
    You'll be surprised at the amount of amateur photoshop there are. And I consider my self an amateur.

10+ Year Old Account
    the grammar is definitely not an indicator. these guys do not proof read or have any ability to check their communication. it regularly reads like a 5 year old. however it is more likely to be photo shopped. either that or the developers have decided to just Fuck everyone off.

Deleted
    It was photoshopped. It was on Reddit about 2 weeks ago and was "debunked"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I am also back with from my ban/holiday! *high five*
    Finally a guy with sense in here^^ I keep getting shit on because I like the game, but I have said it many times that I don't like what the developers have done.

i am sorry but that is absolute BS, all the complaints i levied at the start were due to the way in which the company had acted, not once did i mention bad gameplay as a reason for my dislike of the company, i started that clearly but still you defended them on repeated occasions. Oh how you have changed your tune in a few short months.

If you like the game that is fine, just dont defend the company. How you can enjoy the game based on what the company have done is beyond me, but simply put some people have a higher level of tolerance to being abused that others, mine, for example, is pretty low, i dislike being lied to, my moral compass goes into a spin when a company have acted as badly as HP did. It no doubt marred my experience of the game as i thought it was shocking(got a free key), but that is personal opinion, there are plenty of games i dislike and i dont expect every person to dislike them, for example i find the civilization series a bore, but my two best mates love it, each to their own. What everyone can agree on is that Sergey and his rag tag band should be blasted into the stratosphere and development of the game should be handed over to a competent team.

Either way this is an interesting thread from their forums.

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...And-then-War-Z

interesting how a smaller team can build up a game in the apparent same period of "2 years" ( we all know that was a total lie now right?) and have a fully functioning game now. Also it seems one update from Unknownworlds pretty much outstrips all HPs updates from 2 months. I dont know if this company is just lazy or incompetent, most likely both.

I for one am keeping a close on the dead linger. Should be a good game once finished, will need at least a year and a half before its ready though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    If you like the game that is fine, just dont defend the company. How you can enjoy the game based on what the company have done is beyond me
    Contradiction alert! In just one line you manage to say liking the game is fine liking the company is not then immediately follow with but how can you like the game after what the companies done? at least make a coherent attack on waaldo.
    Why you came back in this thread to pick another fight with waaldo is beyond me, I am almost embarrassed I defended war z, almost, but only over the last month have I witnessed this collapse, you were proclaiming it months back with hearsay and conjecture and those who supported the development rightly defended their choices. Once hammerpoint fully ballsed up then I turned away from this game.
    Although might I add I had 2 hours of playing with a friend the other day and it was actually fun even though the game itself is pretty dogshite, I ran with a train of zombies and jumped on a car bonnet, it stumped the zombies who then proceeded to stand on top of each other looking far off in to the distance while i battered their heads in with a flashlight for 10 minutes. Its a buggy mess, but with a friend it can be kind of enjoyable...kind of.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-03 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    It was photoshopped. It was on Reddit about 2 weeks ago and was "debunked"
    OT: I never understand why people photoshop something when you can just edit elements.

Last edited by mmoc05c338f655; 2013-01-03 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Contradiction alert! In just one line you manage to say liking the game is fine liking the company is not then immediately follow with but how can you like the game after what the companies done? at least make a coherent attack on waaldo.
    No....i said i cannot understand how he can like it, i made it very clear that was my opinion. That is not an attack it is simply an observation and a statement, and i made it clear "each to their own". A contradiction would have been saying "liking the game is fine, actually no it isnt you a fucking idiot, you have to have the same opinion as me!!!!!!", maybe you think i said such a thing in not as many words, but that was not my intention at all. What i said was not meant a insult or an attack, it was simply a divergence of opinions, and I was very clear to say my opinion on the game which was most likely skewed due to my prior knowledge of the companies shortcomings. So very difference things my friend. Its like saying I can not understand how people can choose to be investment bankers as i think it is deplorable career, but one of my best mates is one, but i dont say "you're a fucking blood sucking fiend for doing it and liking it" No, i simply dont agree with it and will never see eye to eye with him. But i dont have a go at him about it, because his opinions and tolerance to certain things are different from mine. That is not to say that if it was the only job i could get i wouldnt, simply put if i have a choice i would not. Sorry dont mean to go off on one at someone who sees the company in the same light as me, i just thought i should properly explain myself.

I come back to pick a fight because i hold a grudge, i originally joined this forum because i bought MOP and wanted to get back into playing my druid, but due to time constraints with work i am unable to play, so my primary function on this site was to frequent this thread. Its been very amusing watching this whole debacle unfold and see waldoo ( and this forum as a whole) who defended Sergey and his rag tag band, retreat as everything which was already in front of them become even MORE glaringly obvious. I got infractions and people got banned for speaking up against this company, which was actually in the interest of everyone here. I got numerous infractions because this forum ass licked the game from the offset, its amazing to see the u-turns all the game review sites have had to do in the last month. Do you not like being proved right?

and here is another

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-war-z-review

Also apparently all the devs are now "sick" after a 2 week long vacation. How they can take a 2 week vacation over Xmas when this shit storm is brewing is beyond me, i didn't even get a 2 week vacation and i have had nothing as pressing as this to get back to :S.
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2013-01-03 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you said how could you like the game based on what the company has done and then carry on about how crap the company is, you don't say how crap the game is. this is all after saying like the game by all means but don't defend the company. so the contradiction is clear.

doesn't really matter I know what te expect from you anyway. have fun.

Deleted
    there is a difference between saying someone is flat out wrong, and saying you cant understand why someone sees something a certain way. It isnt that hard to get into your head mate, and yes you know what expect from me, i am loving this, simply put i very rarely become a keyboard warrior/get so riled up about things, but with this I did, and to be proven SO right after people defended sergey and the company so fervently, makes me feel like this.

http://i.imgur.com/jwQj4.gif

That's nice and all, but please don't make posts just to gloat or attempt to stir up trouble. If you have something to add to the conversation, that's fine. If not, refrain from posting. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-08 at 04:48 PM.

There are too many problems with the game, I really don't see it getting any better. The map is mostly empty, and the only places with zombies are places that have items. Zombies don't just wonder around on their own. There are also never any buildings without any zombies, like there should be. The towns look terrible, and only have a handful of buildings each. None of them are anywhere near the size of a realistic town.

Then there are issues with the zombies being buggy, and their combat being a bit off. I hate fighting a zombie one on one, 'cause they still just stand their and spaz out as you hit them. I really think they could stand to look at how zombies work in other games, perhaps like the game No More Room in Hell, and try to copy that. A zombie game where the zombies are treated as an afterthought just won't ever work.

Then there's the issue with stamina. It runs out way too fast. I should be able to run more than just a few hundred meters before needing to catch my breath. And that complaint kinda leads into another thing that the game could do, which is make the different characters more than just a customization option. The ex-military character should definitely be able to run more than a few hundred meters before getting tired.

And finally, they really need to allow you to swim. It's a tad ridiculous that you can't. And while they work on adding in the animations and making it work, it couldn't hurt to add a few bridges in. It's absurd how far you need to walk to get across a river.

They need to work on fixing what little there is in the game now before trying to add things like vehicles. I can't list a single feature in this game right now that seems fully fleshed out and well developed.

Is WarZ developed by the same people who made DayZ?

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Is WarZ developed by the same people who made DayZ?
    Not even remotely close. WarZ is developed by Hammerpoint Interactive.

DayZ is being worked on by the original creator of the mod, who was hired by Arma developers, Bohemia Interactive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    There are too many problems with the game, I really don't see it getting any better. The map is mostly empty, and the only places with zombies are places that have items. Zombies don't just wonder around on their own. There are also never any buildings without any zombies, like there should be. The towns look terrible, and only have a handful of buildings each. None of them are anywhere near the size of a realistic town.

Then there are issues with the zombies being buggy, and their combat being a bit off. I hate fighting a zombie one on one, 'cause they still just stand their and spaz out as you hit them. I really think they could stand to look at how zombies work in other games, perhaps like the game No More Room in Hell, and try to copy that. A zombie game where the zombies are treated as an afterthought just won't ever work.

Then there's the issue with stamina. It runs out way too fast. I should be able to run more than just a few hundred meters before needing to catch my breath. And that complaint kinda leads into another thing that the game could do, which is make the different characters more than just a customization option. The ex-military character should definitely be able to run more than a few hundred meters before getting tired.

And finally, they really need to allow you to swim. It's a tad ridiculous that you can't. And while they work on adding in the animations and making it work, it couldn't hurt to add a few bridges in. It's absurd how far you need to walk to get across a river.

They need to work on fixing what little there is in the game now before trying to add things like vehicles. I can't list a single feature in this game right now that seems fully fleshed out and well developed.
    Well, the zombies dont have many people left to eat, so they have started munching the furniture its why there is none in any of the houses. What you say is all pretty accurate, its a clear indicator of the shoddily rushed game this is, all in an attempt to tap in to the day Z love fest. They would have been better off just saying this is beta until middle of this year not coming up with ludicrous release dates like fall 2012...
    Combat isnt a little bit off, I literally just jump on hte bonnet of a car and whack the zombies because they just stand staring at me.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-10 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Combat isnt a little bit off, I literally just jump on hte bonnet of a car and whack the zombies because they just stand staring at me.
    Tuning things like that can be pretty difficult in all fairness, if you're able jump onto objects you either have to enable the zombies to attack you from an unrealistic range or enable them to climb onto the car and both of those can cause clipping and pathing issues in other situations. Definitely a lot of aspects of The War Z that I would criticise before that particular problem .

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    DayZ is being worked on by the original creator of the mod, who was hired by Arma developers, Bohemia Interactive.
    Technically he already worked for them as he helped design Arma2 among other things but I guess you could say he got re-employed into a different project.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Tuning things like that can be pretty difficult in all fairness, if you're able jump onto objects you either have to enable the zombies to attack you from an unrealistic range or enable them to climb onto the car and both of those can cause clipping and pathing issues in other situations. Definitely a lot of aspects of The War Z that I would criticise before that particular problem .
    They can already climb on sandbags and burnt out cars, and a bonnet of a car is not an unrealistic range, a car is what 5 foot wide so if youre in the middle thats 2.5 foot most people can reach 2.5 foot :S If you think rounding up an entire town of zombies and just jumping on a car and being invincible isnt a bit gamebreaking, then I dont know what is :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-10 at 09:38 AM.