Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post

..don't shoot the messenger :P
    Tbh if the messenger comes in with the message months too late Im shooting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    someone asked me to put this here....

snip....

..don't shoot the messenger :P
    The WarZ is Adam's fault..

LOL that was pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rate this game far better than Dayz, but I do agree that the game is in a alpha/beta stage, but they didn't force people to pay them money. It was your choice.

It would be better if the map was bigger (as games like this are all about exploration), but at least the controls are better than Dayz. Dayz is also not free, you have to buy a terrible game called Arma 2. Arma 2 didn't become steams top seller for months by people wanting to play Arma 2, it's a horrible game.

Hopefully Dayz standalone won't have the terrible gameplay and zombies that the addon has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It would be better if the map was bigger (as games like this are all about exploration), but at least the controls are better than Dayz. Dayz is also not free, you have to buy a terrible game called Arma 2. Arma 2 didn't become steams top seller for months by people wanting to play Arma 2, it's a horrible game.

OT: I really enjoyed playing Arma2 co-op . The controls and UI are definitely weird when you start playing but I went from hoping they simplified them to praying they don't, they're the end result of the system that allows you as much freedom as Arma does. If you're gonna enable people to do a gazillion things then you need a gazillion keybinds. If you dont want simulated realism then yeah it's gonna be the wrong game for you, that doesn't make it a bad game by itself. Visually I'd agreed the UI is a bit lackluster but that has always been freely moddable and has been confirmed for an overhaul in the standalone.

*edit* Sorry edge .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-01-17 at 06:44 PM.

And another reminder, let's keep the game vs. game discussion/game bashing out of the thread. If you want to discuss DayZ, there's a thread for that too.

Played this game when it was on steam for a couple of days.

Never played such shite in my life so asked for a refund. The ammount of bugs in it is crazy. The gameplay is just as dull as Day z if not worse.

Can't recommend this game to anybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name plates have been added to players. These name plates will display when you target another player.
    New reputation titles have been added to the game. Reputation icons will display under nameplates for easy identification of friendly or foe! (everyone's titles will be reset to civilian) Please see our dev diaries for a detailed explanation tomorrow morning (1/18/13).
    Leaderboards have been added to the games main menu.
    Every new character will now start with a flashlight. Even after the initial starter items have been used.
    A Flare gun has been added to the game.
    A server hopping fix has been added to the game. Please see our dev diaries for a detailed explanation tomorrow morning (1/18/13).
    Added the ability to remove the game hud by pressing F12 while in game.
    It is now possible to turn the flash light off while wielding it. Press F to toggle the flashlight on and off.
    The in game map will now properly zoom in and out.
    Toxicity has been added to the game. Please see our dev diaries for a detailed explanation tomorrow morning (1/18/13).
    Update backpacks weights - Reduced max backpack weight. Just to be safe put everything in your GI before patch. If you are too heavy you will not be able to move.
    GC transaction log has been added (in marketplace there will be button to check your GC statement)
    Memory optimizations
    Fixed a bug that had characters set to revive at 99hrs.
    The targeting reticle has been changed back to a cross.
    Overgrowth has been added to main city structures. This is still a work in progress.
    Added a bunch of furniture to the interior of some buildings and houses.
    Opened up the interiors of some additional buildings. We will be adding a lot more in the future as well!
    Added Mini Saints snacks to the game.
    Patch Notes for what to expect on the 22nd.

Dev Diary link explaining some things - http://forums.playwarz.com/showthrea...-Diary-1-18-13

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a good patch that, like the flashlight changes and I like the idea of overgrowth and more buildings....and wait furniture! Ill start believing in this world when I see furniture in houses.

As much as I regret my purchase, those patch notes actually look promising.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    As much as I regret my purchase, those patch notes actually look promising.
    My sentiments exactly. this is one step forward instead of the usual 10 steps backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ready....Set....ROUND2 GO!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10024/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Best. Game. Ever.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, at least this time they are honest about the game features this time.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I haven't played the game since the beginning of January. Anything worth mentioning happen since then?

It's probably been said several times in 51 pages but...
    War Z is a rushed game on an inefficient engine with an unskilled development team.
    The dev team has a very poor and shady history.
    Most of the things you see in their advertisements are not possible in game.
    It was pulled even from Steam due to false advertisement.
    It has a Meta-Critic rating of ~23/100.

Buyer Beware.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Why this game isn't banned for sale and the devs not being put on some sort of charges are beyond me.
    At least their showing some effort in improving the game, but it's a lost cause now. Don't give your money to these dope's.

Hell, those damn telemarketer scammers get away with pretty much anything, so why not these guy's? I mean it's not like they falsely advertised their game in any way, right?
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-02-27 at 04:09 AM.

screenshots on the steam page are still false advertising and it doesn't mention anywhere that the game is still a work in progress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully no one falls for the same crap again and buys this garbage. I think it's been proven time and time again that this game was a sham
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Also...

I played their previous game, War Inc: BattleZone a lot. In early development it was really good and had a HUGE amount of potential, it gained a lot of popularity. Then they tried to make it more popular by attempting to turn it into a third person version of Modern Warfare. Numbers peak then decline sharply... BAM!

They halt development (without warning) on an unfinished game abandoning their paying, loyal players. No updates, balances, or bug fixes. No official support on their forums. They do leave the game up with their overpriced cash shop in place. I'm talking $50 for a weapon modification (like a silencer) that can only be used on a single weapon.

The have been working on WarZ since then.

I will never buy WarZ or any future products they have had a hand in. They don't know what they're doing and they don't care to screw people over.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a keen eye for business would be buying up every WarZ product they can get their hands on as an investment to sell them to hipsters in ~20 years, disasters like this are the shitty old granny chairs of the future.