Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back on steam, this game is going places! Okay I jest its only going down the pan along with the developers. Shame because I bought this way back on false promises and bullshit lies, it was going to be great, 2nd and last time im being burnt on hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Also...

I played their previous game, War Inc: BattleZone a lot. In early development it was really good and had a HUGE amount of potential, it gained a lot of popularity. Then they tried to make it more popular by attempting to turn it into a third person version of Modern Warfare. Numbers peak then decline sharply... BAM!

They halt development (without warning) on an unfinished game abandoning their paying, loyal players. No updates, balances, or bug fixes. No official support on their forums. They do leave the game up with their overpriced cash shop in place. I'm talking $50 for a weapon modification (like a silencer) that can only be used on a single weapon.

The have been working on WarZ since then.

I will never buy WarZ or any future products they have had a hand in. They don't know what they're doing and they don't care to screw people over.
    I'm curious if there's legal action that's going to be taken against them. I'm not sure where they're even based, but I'd assume that things like the Better Business Bureau would have an interest in continued shit service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm curious if there's legal action that's going to be taken against them. I'm not sure where they're even based, but I'd assume that things like the Better Business Bureau would have an interest in continued shit service.
    BBB can't really do anything IIRC. It's just a rating system.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part all the companies and persons involved have limited liability so even if you did take legal action you wouldn't get much back if you won.

*edit* Essentially the infrastructure is deliberately setup in a way that means it's just not worth the effort to try and sue them in any way, unless you're a lot bigger and just want to close them down.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-02-28 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Played it, would not recommend it. Waste of time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Think its well known now that war z is a fundamental failure of epic proportions, a failure that will hopefully see the death of these developers. A turgid game produced by a vindictive, manipulative little studio, a cash grab of the most obvious kind. I was caught hook line and sinker with this, even defended it for a while before release.

I'm suprised the hype of War z and Day Z lasted as long as it did to be honest.

Both were subpar zombie survival games which most likely got a load of hype due to the walking dead tv series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Think its well known now that war z is a fundamental failure of epic proportions, a failure that will hopefully see the death of these developers. A turgid game produced by a vindictive, manipulative little studio, a cash grab of the most obvious kind. I was caught hook line and sinker with this, even defended it for a while before release.
    Dont beat yourself up too much, game hype is a powerful tool. Its taken me years to see through the bullshit and I still get caught up in it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Both were subpar zombie survival games which most likely got a load of hype due to the walking dead tv series.
    There was never a lot of "hype" with DayZ persay because there was never anything for anyone to hype. More of a battle between which is going to be better and DayZ is still under development and looking quite good to be honest. I just got sick of waiting so my interests will return when it finally releases. But even the DayZ mod has been drastically changed and has tons of features now.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Can you name some above/at par zombie survival games?

If you say Left For Dead I will glare angrilly at my screen while wishing I could find you and punch you in the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

If you say Left For Dead I will glare angrilly at my screen while wishing I could find you and punch you in the throat.
    There isn't any other games.

And just because there isn't any doesnt stop war z/day z being god awful.

And there was hype for Day z, dont even try denying there wasn't, just look through this thread and you will see said hype.............

There was hype for DayZ, but I think it was more player-driven than anything else. War Z had player hype too, but a lot of it was because of promises that the developer never kept.

Back in my day we referred to ''hype'' spread by the consumers as word of mouth. Hype was what the advertisers did.

Back in my day we referred to ''hype'' spread by the consumers as word of mouth. Hype was what the advertisers did.
    And now with the success of brand building, consumer driven hype is a thing. It's something that can be greatly beneficial or devastating, as there are no checks that can really be made on it and it is difficult to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    as there are no checks that can really be made on it and it is difficult to manage.
    Hence why it was referred to as something completely different.

Project Zomboid is the only one that comes to mind, but it will not appeal to a lot of people due to it being a 2D isometric game. It's only single player atm, but they do intend to eventually implement multiplayer. It's much like The Sims where you need to cater to the needs of your character, or they begin to suffer from physical/psychological ill effects. For example, your character can eventually suffer from hallucinations/paranoia where you think you see zombies but the game is just tricking you.

Anyway, the point is that the Project Zomboid emphasizes on survival in a zombie apocalypse first and foremost. DayZ and WarZ is just a veiled Call of Duty in a zombie backdrop setting where the survival aspect is marginalized, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Anyway, the point is that the Project Zomboid emphasizes on survival in a zombie apocalypse first and foremost. DayZ and WarZ is just a veiled Call of Duty in a zombie backdrop setting where the survival aspect is marginalized, IMO.
    I agree that Project Zomboid is a brilliant game (bought it on Desura the moment I saw it) and much closer to a zombie survivor but DayZ is far from a veiled Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I agree that Project Zomboid is a brilliant game (bought it on Desura the moment I saw it) and much closer to a zombie survivor but DayZ is far from a veiled Call of Duty.
    That's the impression I get from DayZ from the videos I've seen (admittedly I haven't touched DayZ because everything points to it being an open world shooter). You're saying it doesn't devolve into a game where players just kill any other players on sight (unless they're obviously working together)? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    (admittedly I haven't touched DayZ because everything points to it being an open world shooter)
    And how does that stop it from being a zombie survival game?
    You're saying it doesn't devolve into a game where players just kill any other players on sight (unless they're obviously working together)? Do tell.
    It can and does. There's a lot more to it than that but, again, how does that stop it from being a zombie survival game?

And how does that stop it from being a zombie survival game?

It can and does. There's a lot more to it than that but, again, how does that stop it from being a zombie survival game?
    It doesn't completely make it a shooterfest, but like I said earlier, it marginalizes it to the point where it's almost just like playing any military shooter. The emphasis is on PvP, players vs players in a zombie setting and the survival aspects of the game are very secondary. That's not a zombie survival game to me.

Except your points were open world and shooting. Two things I hope that any zombie survival game in a modern setting would have. Also pvp, seeing as how human conflict is a huge part of zombie survival stories.